Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Are the rain radars working?It's been raining all morning here in West Cork with some heavy showers yet according to netweather and Met Eireann we are dry.

Shannon radar is down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

So after a few dry mainly sunny days, normal Irish summer weather has resumed since the early hours of this morning. Damp, misty with frequent bursts of heavier rain with the risk of thunderstorms for the next few days as well. I think we can forget any chance of a heatwave for the rest of this summer. Maybe an Indian summer in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cloudy morning but sun's now out in Dublin.

Edit: shower now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yep sun's out and quite warm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A real cloudburst out of nowhere in Letterkenny at the moment, torrential rain causing flash flooding. Heaviest I've seen in a long time

• Advertisement

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Galway, Clare and Kerry

Heavy downpours during Sunday, possibly prolonged, will lead to rainfall accumulations of 20 to 30 mm, bringing a risk of spot flooding.

Valid: Sunday 04 August 2019 14:00 to Sunday 04 August 2019 20:00

Here's a link to the event thread on tomorrow's rainfall warning in case some miss: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058002831

Yeah, I actually remembered to link an event thread this time! :o

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Connacht, Donegal, Clare and Kerry

Heavy rain is expected during Sunday afternoon and evening, with 20-30 mm falling over a short period of time.

Valid: Sunday 04 August 2019 14:00 to Sunday 04 August 2019 21:00

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rain cleared early here in Kerry to give a reasonably good day. Some showers of which one I was out in whilst swimming at the time :) . We said we might as well wait until it abated as we wouldn't be able to dry off properly and our clothes would only get drenched. In the end after 20 mins extra on to our already long swim it was time to make a run for it and the fastest change ever, still got wet mind you but great fun .

Got up to 21.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Lashing rain here in Glasnevin. The first rain actually recorded on Saturday. 0.2mm recorded now. It's currently 16.6C after a high of 20.2C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy Rain in Kildare now. 17c

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well M E got yesterday wrong...any chance they've got today wrong too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Raining here in north wexford at the moment. So much for no rain until later.

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Connacht, Donegal, Clare and Kerry

Heavy rain is expected during Sunday afternoon and evening, with 20-30 mm falling over a short period of time.

Valid: Sunday 04 August 2019 14:00 to Sunday 04 August 2019 21:00

i'm holding ME to account with this....they said yesterday would be a wash out and it wasn't.......so it'll be interesting how today pans out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's scorching in North Donegal the last couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

NIMAN wrote: »
    It's scorching in North Donegal the last couple of hours

Looks like someone bumped against the Central Heating Thermostat.

Ask me how I know!! ;);)

No wonder we were melting in Bed last night!!

fryup wrote: »
    i'm holding ME to account with this....they said yesterday would be a wash out and it wasn't.......so it'll be interesting how today pans out

well they got it spot on this time...yesterday was completely off the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yesterday was also a washout until about 6pm here in West cork, similar to today.

Calibos wrote: »
    Looks like someone bumped against the Central Heating Thermostat.

Ask me how I know!! ;);)

No wonder we were melting in Bed last night!!

You in Donegal?

Not get the sun today?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The old reliable August seems to be taking shape nicely

• Advertisement

Not been too bad so far this August in Dublin although two consecutive wet nights after standard Irish summer days. Can only go down from here..

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭alentejo

Better in Dublin than forecast, but August looks dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

It was a lovely day in Dublin today but started raining in the last couple of hours. Overall it has been a lovely bank holiday up until an hour or two ago

NIMAN wrote: »
    You in Donegal?

Not get the sun today?

And at 915pm the heavy rain arrived.

Looks the type that will still be on in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

alentejo wrote: »
    Better in Dublin than forecast, but August looks dire!

Variety is the spice of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Clear and rather chilly tonight in Limerick after a sultry morning and rather wet afternoon. It looks like it will be the umpteenth August in a row to play second fiddle to July.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It was a lovely day in Dublin today but started raining in the last couple of hours. Overall it has been a lovely bank holiday up until an hour or two ago

Yep absolutely gorgeous day here in West Dublin. We threw a BBQ with friends this afternoon and were planning to eat inside because of the forecast. Instead we were outside enjoying the sun all afternoon. For once I was glad of the humidity because it made it feel a bit warmer.
    The rain only came after 7 when everyone had left. Certainly pelted down though but we got that window this afternoon and that made my weekend for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭acequion

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep absolutely gorgeous day here in West Dublin. We threw a BBQ with friends this afternoon and were planning to eat inside because of the forecast. Instead we were outside enjoying the sun all afternoon. For once I was glad of the humidity because it made it feel a bit warmer.
    The rain only came after 7 when everyone had left. Certainly pelted down though but we got that window this afternoon and that made my weekend for me :)

I spent most of today in Dublin airport and though inside I could see out quite clearly and it was anything but a nice day. Chilly and drizzly around 1pm when I arrived and though it dried up, it looked pretty dull out there all day up to when I left at 7.

So does it vary that much around Dublin? The Dublin weather I saw today bore no resemblance to the Dublin weather ye all rave about. Just saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

acequion wrote: »
    I spent most of today in Dublin airport and though inside I could see out quite clearly and it was anything but a nice day. Chilly and drizzly around 1pm when I arrived and though it dried up, it looked pretty dull out there all day up to when I left at 7.

So does it vary that much around Dublin? The Dublin weather I saw today bore no resemblance to the Dublin weather ye all rave about. Just saying!

Beautiful here in South Dublin until about 6:30 ish .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

After a very wet afternoon cleared up to a fantastic evening here near Tralee, went back the coast swimming . Only about 25m away had the company of two seals that stayed nearby for maybe 30 minutes or so. Could see one of them eating a fish whilst out in the water .

Fantastic clear fresh air after all the rain . What a grand end to the day.

14.2C atm

Advertisement