Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VAT Rebate Online

• 15-02-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Has anyone done a VAT reclaim on the ROS.ie website?

To reclaim the Vat on capital expenditure on the farm.

Could you point me in the right direction - I can't find it on the site...

EDIT: Found it - it's a section called "eRepayment Claims"...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Has anyone done a VAT reclaim on the ROS.ie website?

To reclaim the Vat on capital expenditure on the farm.

Could you point me in the right direction - I can't find it on the site...

In ros go to other services and then e repayments claims

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭edward901

You will have to register for an online account on the ROS system.It takes about a week to get the password in the post. The format for reclaiming the Vat is the same as the old postal system.I applied online last Sunday week.Still haven’t herd anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭countyhouse

looking at VAT refund for shed extension for 2015 on the revenue e repayments link. Will I have to upload copies of the actual paid invoices or just the financial details from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

yes you upload copies of invoices, enter vat number and the total amount of invoice and vat amount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭kk.man

I submitted VAT reclaims on ROS last week.

How long were any of ye wait for it to be paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

looking at VAT refund for shed extension for 2015 on the revenue e repayments link. Will I have to upload copies of the actual paid invoices or just the financial details from them?

Do it before the end of this year as you can only claim 4 years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

kk.man wrote: »
    I submitted VAT reclaims on ROS last week.

How long were any of ye wait for it to be paid?

I've done same. No update

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

If your accountant files your annual returns online, can u register yourself with Ros to do a VAT reclaim online? Like has he his own separate password or whatever to login as your agent?

I have always claimed by filling out form and posting off receipts. But online would be much easier and more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Muckit wrote: »
    If your accountant files your annual returns online, can u register yourself with Ros to do a VAT reclaim online? Like has he his own separate password or whatever to login as your agent?

I have always claimed by filling out form and posting off receipts. But online would be much easier and more efficient.

https://www.ros.ie/ros-registration-web/ros-registration;rjsessionid=EC34382185454ADEDFDAD82678B6400A?execution=e1s1

You can apply for a Ros cert as an individual, you accountant has an agent cert.

Apply for the RAN, they post you a code in a few days, then just follow the instructions.

took around a month here, got paid this week and that included them ringing me to query a few invoices
    use to take over 3 months sending by paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Can you reclaim online for the current tax year or do you have to wait until 2020 to claim for work done in 2019 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭kk.man

josephsoap wrote: »
    Can you reclaim online for the current tax year or do you have to wait until 2020 to claim for work done in 2019 ?

Claim away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I think you can claim every 2mths if u want. I always wait and do the full year. But if doing online be easy to do it more frequently. No point having more money with taxman than needs be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

yes you upload copies of invoices, enter vat number and the total amount of invoice and vat amount

So , scan in and upload invoices, receipts etc.?

yes you scan in the invoice, make sure you number them if more than one

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭raindodger

Have a few years to claim back, last time dropped form and invoices into the tax office are you allowed to do this anymore or does it have to be online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

raindodger wrote: »
    Have a few years to claim back, last time dropped form and invoices into the tax office are you allowed to do this anymore or does it have to be online?

Yes must be done online and will have to do as individual years

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I did it earlier this year online. It's easy enough, had money in my account in about 10 days. You can watch the progress on line

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭raindodger

thanks for that job for next wet day so will be at it fairly soon.Like to build up a deposit for the next job but need to cash in my chips

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

whelan2 wrote: »
    I did it earlier this year online. It's easy enough, had money in my account in about 10 days. You can watch the progress on line

taking 3 weeks now approx.

• Advertisement
Advertisement