Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aluminum T-slot extrusion 2020 - where can i find it in Ireland?

• 19-02-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to see if anyone knows where I can get some of the above-mentioned material?

I would be looking for something similar to this:
    2020-t-slot-aluminium-extrusion.jpg

I would be looking for around 10-12 meters of the stuff in the Waterford area or online.

The only two places that I found was:

http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/acatalog/Aluminium_Profile.html

and amazon but both of them are coming from the UK and are charging £20-£30

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicky2000

Bausch&lomb use lots of it I got some there before if you know one of the fitters or they might tell you where to get some I got loads of it out of the skip there on a couple of occasions come to think of it ive gotten stepper motors and all sorts of goodies in that skip they throw the best of stuff out ive even found baty dial indicators that read in microns,thank you bausch&lomb

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

nicky2000 wrote: »
    Bausch&lomb use lots of it I got some there before if you know one of the fitters or they might tell you where to get some I got loads of it out of the skip there on a couple of occasions come to think of it ive gotten stepper motors and all sorts of goodies in that skip they throw the best of stuff out ive even found baty dial indicators that read in microns,thank you bausch&lomb

How could I even go about contacting them asking for this?

I reckon ring and ask to be put through to stores and they might help ya out but im sure its available in ireland I was looking for some before and I remember seen it online

+353 (0) 90 6473829 this crowd in athlone sell it iosystems

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ckeng

MBS in athlone do something very similar. MBSitem.ie . I've found them very good to deal with. If it's just a length of profile they'll usually have it cut and shipped the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Factory I worked in in Waterford used it all the time and they bought their steel from impact metals try them

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Quantum 3 in killaloe Co Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

You can buy from Radionics as well... MBS in Athlone also supply ITEM extrusions and accessories https://www.item24.de/en/productworld/building-kit-system/item-profiles.html-

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

Thanks guys, i found a source and ordered it from https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/products/8508470/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Don't go for any of the crowds mentioned above. All wah too expensive for what you get.

I'd go for Motedis in Germany. Pennies per metre and all cut to length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 cristinapta

2020 T slot is very common and regular for any industrial profiles dealer. I think any local dealer will have this extrusion. You can choose thin wall thickness and light weight for a cheaper price.

Advertisement