Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Dermighty wrote: »
    It was more along the lines of "reptiles and cats are not in my alliance, so kill any I see" type thing.

Racist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Just got the beta key and currently downloading the client, what time is the beta supposed to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Beta is live now! Just creating my character.

Well I guess I'm gonna have to wait at least 2-3 hours till I finish downloading :) Really hope it's gonna be as good as I think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Just spent an hour and a half doing some quests and leveling up a bit. I've never really played any other MMO so I have nothing to compare it with but I have enjoyed it so far and will play a bit more later on.

• Advertisement

My internet connection dropped to less than 1 mb/s with less than 3gb left to download...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Logged on, 26 minute wait time, waited and got connected, ran around for 5 minutes, logged off.

Meh!

So how are people finding the game so far? I've been stuck on a loading screen for the past 10 minutes, seems like this is already a known issue and been confirmed on forums.
    So far I'm quite disappointed with the game though it might be because I haven't played Skyrim and I'm just not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Nah i think the general feeling among people is disappointment tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Lone Stone wrote: »

Wild Star it is then, my next MMO!

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Wild Star it is then, my next MMO!
    Looks like it's gonna be the same for me too, though I hope I'll be able to get a beta key before it goes life just to see how things work. Any ideas when is the next batch of beta keys going out? and where do I apply for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I read a lot of this type of post for a long time regarding ESO with nothing of any substance in regards to why it was a disappointment and it had me doubting the game a little, ESO SUX I PLAYED 5 MINS AND IT SUX COS THATS WHY is the general feeling is what i was reading in most places.
    I played a few betas and found it wasn't as bad as what i was reading about it and found it to be somewhat fun, i at best would be a b2p gamer, i can't justify buying a game and then paying to play it...

I have a key if anyone wants it, post here if here longer than the thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

I got 2 queued 10 mins+ messages and one retrieving character info, after 5 mins I quit, tonight- nope - moved on to to my normal games.

I liked the previous beta (granted it was free) but I'm going to wait for a couple of months after 14.4.14 before I decide to jump in, I'll read the reviews, avoid the launch bugs / server lag / apologies / patches, etc and see if the price comes down to less than €200 for the first year.

It ain't Skyrim online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

d22ontour wrote: »
    I read a lot of this type of post for a long time regarding ESO with nothing of any substance in regards to why it was a disappointment and it had me doubting the game a little, ESO SUX I PLAYED 5 MINS AND IT SUX COS THATS WHY is the general feeling is what i was reading in most places.
    I played a few betas and found it wasn't as bad as what i was reading about it and found it to be somewhat fun, i at best would be a b2p gamer, i can't justify buying a game and then paying to play it...

I have a key if anyone wants it, post here if here longer than the thread. ;)

Well i explained my reasons in a previous post or on an other eso thread as to why i didnt like it. The quote of me is simply saying the general concensus i have read on mmo forums is one of disappointment.

Personally i find found the starting experience so boring in regards to combat, the general feel of the game its animations, the player characters dont feel alive to me at all their very stiff, the quests were not very interesting, and most that lead to some interactive conclusion, of the ones i done were literally click some levers/switchs on each side of an object in the center, i didint see anything in the game that made me want to stay logged in, and not a single thing made me think the box price was worth it.

The entire game feels like a cash grab it reminds a lot of swotor in the way its being advertised big flashy cgi movies that misrepresent the game to build up hype and sell some more box's. because if anyone has played it, its clearly going to go free to play. So yea il be passing on this, which is a real shame because i really looking forward to this.

Angry Joe really kinda sums up my meh feeling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a bit lastnight, every time i tried to zone the game would either crash,freeze or take 10 minutes to load.
    Tried twice to get on today and the character loading screen took forever, i gave up both times after 15 minutes.

Compare that to the Wildstar beta, its chalk and cheese with wildstar being absolutely flawless and incredibly polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Angry Joe really kinda sums up my meh feeling.

Eww, it looks so... crappy :|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

The game is OK but not worth a monthly subscription. It's going to be a major fail if they don't fix that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The game is OK but not worth a monthly subscription. It's going to be a major fail if they don't fix that.

They're not going to change the subscription plan before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I've played it on two seperate occasions and both times it's a massive "THIS IS ****" from me, it's just so bland and boring. The areas when you get out look slick, but who cares about zones when the characters look crap, the combat is terrible and it's just not immersive in any way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

This beta went much better than the last one imo. Far less buggy and less logon problems.

That said, I still don't really know how I feel about it. I played Friday evening and a fair amount yesterday.
    Towards the end of yesterday evening I just kinda turned it off. I had been enjoying it but something just made me go meh.

I didn't really find the combat boring. At least not against the tougher mobs. As rogue type I had to think about what I was doing or I was dead. Took effective management of stealth and stuns, Magic and Stamina in order to down a mob. Else I was very much dead.

Still just don't know. Will give it another go next beta and see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Any time I played it it just made me want to go back and play Skyrim instead. it's basically just a dumbed down Skyrim, online, except it doesn't even feel like an online game. It's poor, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Played two full days of this, thoroughly enjoyed it. Every zone I went to have about 20-50 people in it. At least 5 people in view at any one time.

Had my characters from the previous version, and an Argonian with a cool head graphic glitch that made his head metallic purple xD

I really want to buy it, specifically the imperial edition. But people keep saying it's not living up to their expectations / too pricey / more like a single player game etc etc etc. I personally find it great, it does look like something that would hook me again....was fairly hooked on WoW up until 2 years ago, I find Rift a bit meh at the moment. In short I've not played an MMO properly since 2 years ago, and at that point I was playing 7 years solid.

I was going to pre-order but now I think I'll wait it out until a month after release and see what people are saying then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Cina wrote: »
    Any time I played it it just made me want to go back and play Skyrim instead. it's basically just a dumbed down Skyrim, online, except it doesn't even feel like an online game. It's poor, really.

This is probably my thoughts on it as well, if skyrim didnt exist this would probably seem like a really decent addition to the MMO world. It just feels like a single player game with a chat box stuck on to it.

As for buying the imperial addition i think its stupid to sell one of the biggest factions as day one DLC, i dont know what they were thinking. Also the whole alliance thing just doesnt seem right, from playing other games you have races that just wouldnt get on fighting side by side.

I am giving this a miss at launch if it turns out to be good i might purchase later but no way will i part with 70 euro for a game that is nearly done better if an offline mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Played two full days of this, thoroughly enjoyed it. Every zone I went to have about 20-50 people in it. At least 5 people in view at any one time.

Had my characters from the previous version, and an Argonian with a cool head graphic glitch that made his head metallic purple xD

I really want to buy it, specifically the imperial edition. But people keep saying it's not living up to their expectations / too pricey / more like a single player game etc etc etc. I personally find it great, it does look like something that would hook me again....was fairly hooked on WoW up until 2 years ago, I find Rift a bit meh at the moment. In short I've not played an MMO properly since 2 years ago, and at that point I was playing 7 years solid.

I was going to pre-order but now I think I'll wait it out until a month after release and see what people are saying then.

Judging by what you've said you've a very differing opinion to nearly everyone else. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

n1ck wrote: »
    Judging by what you've said you've a very differing opinion to nearly everyone else. :P

Indeed which is pretty strange. I did in all honestly see tons of people around. Never had any difficulty with questing since there were about 2-3 other people doing each quest that it felt like group questing even outside of party.

There was some variety in the questing too, it wasn't just kill x or kill x and bring me back y from their bodies. It was more staged with 5 or more quests in the same area tying into each other for one big final quest.
    There was of course the usual complete a quest and become the hero type you find in Skyrim / Oblivion etc...

The progression seemed slow which I liked given the sheer size of the in game world.

Bit about quest difficulty:
    With the end line quests they provided suitable difficulty, you couldn't just run in kill stuff and leave. You actually had to try for it, especially if you didn't have self healing.

Class v mobs:
    I found it easy to take on one or two mob as a dragonknight with Argent Flame skills, but anything over that and I had a decent chance of dying if they were the same level as me.

Exploration of a zone near end of beta:
    Near the end of the beta I decided to try and travel to the other zones, Skyrim was blocked by an invisible wall since it wasn't included in the beta but Deshaan wasn't...it was completely void of any life or interactables and was bugged to hell. Holes in the map, roads that just ended into nothingness and buildings you could bug through the walls, it was one of the more interesting aspects of the beta and was a nice wind down from the combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

If im bothered singing up for the beta I can give my opinion on in. But teso from the videos is not something that is blowing my mind. Also I would have to choose between it and wow.i don't think of play two subscription based games at the same time.

pvp looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yikes that looks deadly, I had gotten to lvl15-16? but hadn't made it to Cyrodil I'm guessing due to bugged quests (some of my main storyline ones wouldn't allow me to progress).

I had decided to hold off and see if the price drops a bit before buying, that looks really really good though... decisions decisions

Any word on the next beta event?
    Would love one this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

No emails and the beta forums are still closed so I doubt it for this weekend.

Advertisement