Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My Seahawks teeshirt is out of the wash and ready for today!

I think Harvin's loss will be felt, but if the defence can cut out the mistakes of last week we'll have an excellent chance. Expect this thread to get much longer when new fans roll in post SB-win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

You'll have at least one extra fan this weekend.......go hawks!!

I am a Pack fan and nothing against any particular team, but would love to see Harbaugh stuffed and stuffed well.

Don't think I could take the histrionics if the 9 ers make it to New York.

Definitely hoping for a Seattle win.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Holy sh1t-balls....what an evening. I am hoarse and the dog is frightened.
    Take it away Alicia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8rnr2wuAhYc#t=54

55 seconds in to about 1 min 5 seconds should be our anthem for the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Brilliant lads fair play... now go beat those Donkeys!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Brilliant lads fair play... now go beat those Donkeys!!.

Wishing defeat on a division rival?

Proper order! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's incredible that for such a likeable character, Carroll seems to be OK with presiding over teams that elicit such hatred. Can't say I'm delighted with some of the things he has done (or failed to do, probably more appropriately - i.e., monitor PED usage, reign in mouthy players, etc.) but a Superbowl appearance is a Superbowl appearance at the end of the day, and when you consider the ship he took over after Mora, he deserves an enormous amount of credit for getting the team this far.

BTW - there's a looming cloud of cap room to consider once this season is over. 18 players become FAs next season, and estimates are that will still somehow only leave 8.7m in cap room (unless they announce a very generous cap). Most likely Bennett, Giacamini and McQuistan will be cut from the UFAs and Morgan from the RFAs. Browner is finished as well but won't be a massive loss, tbh. In terms of finding cap space, the most likely candidate would then be Rice (7.3m cap relief), one of Avril ($7m) or Clemons ($7.5m) and one of Bryant ($5.5m) or Big Mebane ($5.3m). Miller ($5m) could be another option. Chopping 3 or 4 of that list will open up around $30m for negotiations, but it will result in a very different looking D-Line next season, and most likely the early picks being spent on the O-Line.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Congrats lads, enjoy the build up to the big game.

Great performance yesterday, Seahawks made the big plays at crucial times and deserved the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin to get a Seahawks shirt before the Superbowl ?

Prefer B&M for speed of purchase, but if there was anywhere online that I could get one quick enough that would do too

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

OU812 wrote: »

Prefer B&M for speed of purchase, but if there was anywhere online that I could get one quick enough that would do too

Thanks in advance

bandwagon-2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OU812 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Nike should be able to sort you out...

They are usually pretty quick to deliver...

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Nike should be able to sort you out...

They are usually pretty quick to deliver...

Yeah, I got my Seahawks teeshirt within a few days from Nike's Irish site. Cutting it fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

You guys knocked out my Saints but I'll be supporting you for the big one. Really hoping to see the Legion of Boom blast the Broncos.

Food's all ready. Family all primed to leave me in peace tomorrow morning (day booked off work). Dressed all in blue. Go Hawks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Heading into the Dublin Rebels party tonight. Looking forward to a true blue superbowl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will be sporting some Hawks gear tonight.. best of luck to the (non band wagon) Hawks fans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,321 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Best of luck to all the hawk's fans. I really hope your team does it tonight. I've always like Pete Carroll and I shouted for Golden Tate all through his college career when he was tearing it up for the Irish.

I like a lot of the players on that team and I have a couple of close friends who are fans also.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Enjoy the game Boards 12s. Heading out to our SB party now. Blue and Green everywhere you look over here. Going to be some day.

giddyup wrote: »
    Enjoy the game Boards 12s. Heading out to our SB party now. Blue and Green everywhere you look over here. Going to be some day.

Enjoy the day. Post pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I have posted a longer comment on the SB thread - but just wanted to come on here and congratulate the Seahawks for a dominant performance and a thoroughly deserved win.

Seattle Seahawks - Superbowl Champions - enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

Nice job guys. I wish it was more competitive, from our side. Congratulations Super Bowl champions. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Once again the old adage that defense wins championships rang true last night. I've said it already in a couple of threads, but that defensive performance last night, for me it surpassed even the great Bears defense of 1985. I have never seen a defensive performance like it. So congratulations on your first Super Bowl win lads, it really was well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Congrats to all the seahawks fans brilliant team display last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Well ye made the Broncos look ordinary last night.

Some defence really . Made manning look like a rookie .

Would have liked a closer game as I don't support any nfl team properly but can't take it away from Seahawks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Temporarily anyway. Which bandwagon are you jumping on next season?

That's 3 Super Bowl wins you've seen for your team now. Probably only Pats fans with that number on here.

Congrats to real Seahawks fans though. A great performance to follow up a great year.

Lets not take away from the Seattle performance and achievement last night by being silly. Talk about the great match. Best wishes to you and all on the American Football forum in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lets not take away from the Seattle performance and achievement last night by being silly. Talk about the great match. Best wishes to you and all on the American Football forum in the coming months.

No one's taking away from their performance. Not only last night but throughout the whole season. it's good when the best team actually sees it through and wins the title.

And hearty congratulations to their real fans who have been with them through good years and bad. What most on here have issue with is fair-weather fans jumping on board when they look like they can be a good team. Where were they when they going 4-12 or 5-11? Oh yeah, they were off supporting the Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Agreed, congrats to all the real Hawks fans here though, best team by a country mile.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No one's taking away from their performance. Not only last night but throughout the whole season. it's good when the best team actually sees it through and wins the title.

And hearty congratulations to their real fans who have been with them through good years and bad. What most on here have issue with is fair-weather fans jumping on board when they look like they can be a good team. Where were they when they going 4-12 or 5-11? Oh yeah, they were off supporting the Giants.

You just mean Neil :pac:

I though the Titans thread was a ghost town but normally get 1 other poster in there on a regular basis, the Hawks thread has been pretty much Neil by himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

spiralism wrote: »
    Agreed, congrats to all the real Hawks fans here though, best team by a country mile.

I backed them back in September so I'm happy BUT did you watch the match v san Fran,pure poxed to get through that one,would you not agree?
    Lucky to make it to the SB,thanks in no small part to the officials in the SF game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I backed them back in September so I'm happy BUT did you watch the match v san Fran,pure poxed to get through that one,would you not agree?
    Lucky to make it to the SB,thanks in no small part to the officials in the SF game

I meant more last night than anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

spiralism wrote: »
    I meant more last night than anything

sound,I took you up wrong

Advertisement