Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Daraa wrote: »
    Wheres the best play to find people to raid with these days? I have 4 lads (our mini clan has dwindled) who will be 920 by launch tomorrow and we'd like to find two more people who want to give it a decent wack. (ie. possibly keep going Sunday to get her done)

Destiny discord has LFGs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wheres the best play to find people to raid with these days? I have 4 lads (our mini clan has dwindled) who will be 920 by launch tomorrow and we'd like to find two more people who want to give it a decent wack. (ie. possibly keep going Sunday to get her done)

There's a Destiny LFG discord covering all 3 platforms. There's a built in LFG on the Bungie Companion app. I used to use 100.io but not sure if it's still around.

Edit: Actually there's a Destiny LFG subReddit. Haven't used this one myself, but have heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

What platform are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

PS4

PS4

Ah ok, I'm on Xbox. Hopefully you'll find two bodies handy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If you log in on a new format with your cross save account all the trophies/achievements you have will auto unlock.

Doesnt matter? we can all play with each other now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Doesnt matter? we can all play with each other now?

No there's cross save but no cross play as far as I'm aware.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

TitianGerm wrote: »

Exactly. Your own character can be played across any platform . You cannot play with people on other platforms to what you are playing on at the time . If you want to play on ps4 you need to be on ps4 too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

mossym wrote: »
    Exactly. Your own character can be played across any platform . You cannot play with people on other platforms to what you are playing on at the time . If you want to play on ps4 you need to be on ps4 too

One would hope, given that Sony now allow cross play, that it is only a matter of when and not if.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

I thought this was the point of it all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ibFoxer wrote: »
    One would hope, given that Sony now allow cross play, that it is only a matter of when and not if.

I would hope that's the case now the PS4 properly supports it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I thought this was the point of it all :confused:

Cross play was never the intention at the time as it wasn't supported. Sony only agreed to cross save right before the live stream Bungie announced it on.

Cross play will probably become a thing at some stage now that Sony have caved to that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cross save is a good start,if i had no IRL friends playing on PS4 i would just play the game on PC. So at least when i play on PC progress is saved for when i play on PS4. Before now i had put hundreds of hours into each platform,now its all the same.

Its only useful for people who double dip on multiple platforms.

Id love to see full cross play support though,Sony did just announce that they have full support for cross play now on a technical level so heres hoping. Would remove the need to have the dlc on each platform as well ass id just play on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Is there any benefit to the harder nightmare hunts? Rewards don't seem to differ from adept difficulty as far as I can see.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to the harder nightmare hunts? Rewards don't seem to differ from adept difficulty as far as I can see.

It probably progresses the weekly milestone quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

It probably progresses the weekly milestone quicker.

Not sure if it does but it would be good to know. I know this does apply to the Ordeals.

I expect that you just get better loot or more of a chance to get better loot.

Not sure if it does but it would be good to know. I know this does apply to the Ordeals.

I expect that you just get better loot or more of a chance to get better loot.

The higher levels have a chance to drop the tier 2 and tier 3 nightmare armour mods.

We had a crack at the 950 Nightfall yesterday, two of us were around the 930 mark and the other was 920. Took us over an hour but was great fun and a proper challenge.

It's fun steamrolling over enemies and what not but its great that the game can also challenge you so much as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Must have a stab at that. Tried the 920 NF at 907 or something and found it very hard, so I imagine this will be similar, with more shielded enemies. Just about 930 now so will see how it goes.

• Advertisement

How do bungie split from activision of all companies and manage to look like they were the greedy ones in the partnership.

Eververse is gone to crap and now i see they have a "character boost" for $20 to take alts to 900 power,$20!!!

EoinHef wrote: »
    How do bungie split from activision of all companies and manage to look like they were the greedy ones in the partnership.

Eververse is gone to crap and now i see they have a "character boost" for $20 to take alts to 900 power,$20!!!

Yeah $20 for a boost in LL that can be achieved in 5 minutes pulling blue gear from the collection.

Eververse is a joke this season, half the stuff isn't going to be offered for bright dust and the number of obtainable bright engrams has been reduced more than fivefold. Doesn't help when items have been clearly pulled from other activities to be added to Eververse, the sparrow that was clearly designed as the raid drop is up for dust atm.

Yeah $20 for a boost in LL that can be achieved in 5 minutes pulling blue gear from the collection.

Eververse is a joke this season, half the stuff isn't going to be offered for bright dust and the number of obtainable bright engrams has been reduced more than fivefold. Doesn't help when items have been clearly pulled from other activities to be added to Eververse, the sparrow that was clearly designed as the raid drop is up for dust atm.

Yeah its not great.

I do believe they were probably too generous before with eververse but now its gone totally the other way.

If the whole game was free to play i could understand but keeping current can be expensive in destiny so their ****ting on players that have kept up with the game in the hope of getting eververse sales from the free to play folk imo.

I never thought id say the period where activision were involved felt more generous:pac:

EoinHef wrote: »
    Yeah its not great.

I do believe they were probably too generous before with eververse but now its gone totally the other way.

If the whole game was free to play i could understand but keeping current can be expensive in destiny so their ****ting on players that have kept up with the game in the hope of getting eververse sales from the free to play folk imo.

I never thought id say the period where activision were involved felt more generous:pac:

Yeah Eververse was too generous, there was pretty much no point in buying bright engrams as you were pretty much guaranteed to get everything you want from it.

is the clan thing still going?

Still a raid virgin :D and the clan from here is always offline.

Which platform? The PS4 clan is still very active.

Im about 930 now. If we can organise a time and a night im up for it.

Have discord and a decent headset now.

Between me you and stoko we have 3 so only 3 more needed. If needs be i dont mind hitting up an LFG to get the other 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Since im back playing i find gradually ive turned to pvp as my main activity in the game where as before i just done the weekly pvp stuff and was pve focused.
    I get so much enjoyment out of trying new builds,weapons on each of my characters.
    Pve for me now is just going for pinnacle gear especially after Thursdays upcoming change to pinnacle drops.
    I find pvp possibly up there with csgo in terms of skill ceiling/requirment and its a refreshing change from current offerings of multiplayer shooters, the new cod for example where you just look at someone and they are dead with its stupidly fast TTK regardless of the weapon.
    When the matchmaking works im pitted against some top class players and you really need to use cover etc, its great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Dcully wrote: »
    Since im back playing i find gradually ive turned to pvp as my main activity in the game where as before i just done the weekly pvp stuff and was pve focused...

I enjoy the PVP but I feel like I don't have the time to get into it a bit more. I seem to have an endless list of pursuits\quests that I need to work on. At this stage, I seem to be creating lists to try and maximize my Strikes or Crucible time. Right now, I need Crucible Grenade Launcher, Hand cannon, Scout and Pulse Rifle precision kills...I love the fact that there is so much to work on but there is a LOT :)

What is your favorite PVP load out at this time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thats the thing, there is too much to do [wow how things have changed] , well there can never be too much but you know what i mean.
    I focus on getting my weekly crucible and bounties along with banshee bounties on each character if i can, previously i would clear every weekly activity on my hunter.
    I tend to ignore the pve stuff but that might change with the coming change to pinnacle gear tomorrow.

As for pvp loadouts i enjoy my hunter the most right now, im enjoying the arcstrider tree thanks to the artifact perks thunder coil and arc battery mostly the latter though.
    Combine arc battery with wormhusk crown and i feel a bit more tanky but i usually just go for Foetracer helmet combined with any good pvp weapons really.
    On the Titan i just cheese it with the arc tree for melee damage and the synthoceps arms and thundercoil artifact perk as every other titan seems to be doing it but its silly, just running around melee-ing everything.

some of my favourite weapons are :

Randys throwing knife [i learned to love the jade rabbit too while grinding for randyys]
    Suros Regime [while auto rifles are not the meta somehow this one clicks with me]
    Thorn [the poison damage is just fun]
    Graviton Lance [nobosy seems to use it but i love it]
    Erianas Vow
    Sunshot [is actually excellent in pvp now]
    Dust Rock Blues [i dont have any better shotty right now, mindbenders ambition is meant to be the best one]
    Apostate [got a nicely rolled one from the altar event on the moon recently]
    Outlast and a few more really good rolled pulse rifles ,Blast Furnace,Last Perdition,Bygones,Claws of the wolf also Vigilance Wing is decent too.
    The Recluse,Huckleberry and Antiope-D all excellent SMGs
    Ace of Spades
    Spare rations
    Forget to mention Bad Juju, i got it lastnight and already one of my favourites.

Advertisement