Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Frame Di2 XL

• 16-10-2019 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

This is a Pro level frame bought direct from Canyon in early 2017 (paperwork available). I did roughly 5000km on it in 2017 but the arrival of a baby limited my cycling since - I'd say there's a total of 7000km on it. It's a really great frame for both climbing and putting the hammer down on the flat.

The frame was damaged during the summer (by yours truly) when replacing the BB. Sleeve where the BB goes is cracked and separated from the frame. I claimed on my house insurance, stripped the groupset and bought another frame, and didn't end up repairing this. I'm sure there is a carbon repairer out there who could give it a go. I have all original paperwork so Canyon could be pursued for a crash replacement too (bike will come with Canyon bike box for shipping if you need). Note frame is not usable for road cycling unless it is repaired.

Frame comes with Canyon bars, Canyon 110mm stem (plenty of spacers), Canyon seatpost, Canyon chaircatcher and 2 spare No. 25 hangers.

Frame is a Di2 frame - battery is mounted in the downtube (I have the connectors for this).

Headset is currently in a bad way - I will purchase a new one if someone wants to take this off my hands.

Not sure if photos link will work.

Struggling to come up with an asking price but I'll start with €600 for everything. If there's no interest in the frame I'd consider splitting but will probably put it up elsewhere before that.

Any questions just ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

wicky9 wrote: »
    This is a Pro level frame bought direct from Canyon in early 2017 (paperwork available). I did roughly 5000km on it in 2017 but the arrival of a baby limited my cycling since - I'd say there's a total of 7000km on it. It's a really great frame for both climbing and putting the hammer down on the flat.

The frame was damaged during the summer (by yours truly) when replacing the BB. Sleeve where the BB goes is cracked and separated from the frame. I claimed on my house insurance, stripped the groupset and bought another frame, and didn't end up repairing this. I'm sure there is a carbon repairer out there who could give it a go. I have all original paperwork so Canyon could be pursued for a crash replacement too (bike will come with Canyon bike box for shipping if you need). Note frame is not usable for road cycling unless it is repaired.

Frame comes with Canyon bars, Canyon 110mm stem (plenty of spacers), Canyon seatpost, Canyon chaircatcher and 2 spare No. 25 hangers.

Frame is a Di2 frame - battery is mounted in the downtube (I have the connectors for this).

Headset is currently in a bad way - I will purchase a new one if someone wants to take this off my hands.

Not sure if photos link will work.

Struggling to come up with an asking price but I'll start with €600 for everything. If there's no interest in the frame I'd consider splitting but will probably put it up elsewhere before that.

Any questions just ask.

You need to send the frame back to Canyon to see what they say or at the very least come up with quotes from a couple of different carbon repair guys.

No one will hand over 600 euro for a damaged frame that you showed no interest in repairing yourself.

The frame has no value until you can prove that it can be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

velo.2010 wrote: »
    You need to send the frame back to Canyon to see what they say or at the very least come up with quotes from a couple of different carbon repair guys.

No one will hand over 600 euro for a damaged frame that you showed no interest in repairing yourself.

The frame has no value until you can prove that it can be repaired.

If I thought the frame had no value I wouldn't be putting it up here. Canyon have a crash replacement scheme that they have previously said they will honour. However that only provides a replacement frame at a heavily discounted price. They won't repair it. I have no interest in doing that to sell on a new frame.....hence the reason I'm seeing if someone, with the means to repair it, wants to take it on.

Carbon repair quotes will not be worth the paper they're written on to anyone. Only when the repair is done would anyone be confident in standing over anything. Even then....would you buy a bike that had been repaired by someone else. No, personally I'd far prefer to buy a frame and repair it myself and speak to the person doing the frame myself. That's the reason I'm offering it as is.

This particular frame alone was 2500 new, without the extra components, when I purchased it as a complete build in 2017.

Perhaps I misread. Your looking to only sell it to a carbon repairer?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Perhaps I misread. Your looking to only sell it to a carbon repairer?

Anyone who wants to buy it is welcome to buy it. I won't discriminate.

I'm being honest and disclosing as much information as I can in my post.

If you're interested in buying it let me know.

Otherwise your comments are kind of irrelevant. I'm transparent enough to allow people to make an informed decision. There is nothing untoward here. It's exactly as it says in the post

Anyone who wants to buy it is welcome to buy it. I won't discriminate.

I'm being honest and disclosing as much information as I can in my post.

If you're interested in buying it let me know.

Otherwise your comments are kind of irrelevant. I'm transparent enough to allow people to make an informed decision. There is nothing untoward here. It's exactly as it says in the post

No, my comments were objective based on what you posted.

I would add, the fact you got a new frame on your house insurance would indicate that you had a mechanic write up a report to say the frame was a write off. If that's true, why would anyone want to buy a frame that's been officially written off?

It seems to me that you can't quite bring yourself to bin the frame and hope someone might be silly enough to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does the replacement frame have to be the same size? Any idea what Canyon would charge for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Does the replacement frame have to be the same size? Any idea what Canyon would charge for it?

Look here https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/customer-service/help-center/crash-replacement.html

I don't think this would qualify for a crash replacement as they will assess the damage and it's quite clear this wasn't caused by a crash, also keep in mind it is tied to the original owner and only for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I'm after finding out I've done irreparable damage to the frame of my beloved Canyon CF SLX.

Probably worth addressing this comment you made in an earlier thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Probably worth addressing this comment you made in an earlier thread

It seems as though some of the finer detail has been left out alright.

Is this the frame you damaged had repaired and damaged again? :eek:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110300268&postcount=1

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It seems as though some of the finer detail has been left out alright.

Is this the frame you damaged had repaired and damaged again? :eek:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110300268&postcount=1

OK, I think we should leave it at that and let the mods do their job.

Edit: From another post...'I'm after finding out I've done irreparable damage to the frame of my beloved Canyon CF SLX'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

thread closed for now, this is going nowhere good fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement