Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In the basement of Custom House

Options
  • 26-09-2019 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Found behind a wall in the basement of Custom House...

I might bring my camera to work some days...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The well? Original water supply?

(wild guess!)

Or the corollary, early sewage disposal chute / it's right beside the river, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tchernobill

It is by the river, yes, and there is a Well, but it is sealed with a concrete slab :-/

The tunnel is more like a service gallery circling around the building (from what I saw on an old map), might be coming from the original building before it's reconstruction.

48824877038_fb49bd3787_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Guitar_Monkey

I think theres tunnels under a lot of Dublin. I used to work in the old Virgin Megastore on Aston Quay. That had a creepy old basement with tunnels leading off into the darkness.

Advertisement