Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greening

Options
  • 27-02-2015 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭

Today I received the Basic Payment entitlements letter. I am actually going to get €70 per year increase. But no doubt, some deductions or other will negate that. On the almost 31% portion now attributed to Greening, as I understand it, no specific action is required when all the farm is in permanent pasture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skoger

Yeah that's right - you're "Green by Definition". I see the Dept are only telling half the story with that letter. My entitlement value is being cut by around €6 over the 5 years but you take greening into account each entitlement is down over €9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Today I received the Basic Payment entitlements letter. I am actually going to get €70 per year increase. But no doubt, some deductions or other will negate that. On the almost 31% portion now attributed to Greening, as I understand it, no specific action is required when all the farm is in permanent pasture?

Just wondering has everyone received this letter by now as I haven't got it yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Sami23 wrote: »
    Just wondering has everyone received this letter by now as I haven't got it yet ?

Got mine yesterday:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Got mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Losing 8/9e every yr here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

18e/ha/year here.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ah nuts

will the disadvantaged area scheme still be in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

18e/ha/year here.

Ouch.
    We will bring some if back with young farmer top up but not all of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Ouch.
    We will bring some if back with young farmer top up but not all of it
    It's not from greening your losing it from gg is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Is that only €8/9 per ha.
    mine isn't going to be as bad as I thought.
    It's decreasing by about €22/ha per year until 2019....happy out

• Advertisement

rangler1 wrote: »
    Is that only €8/9 per ha.
    mine isn't going to be as bad as I thought.
    It's decreasing by about €22/ha per year until 2019....happy out

Thats not a lot out of e400/ha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

What's the story with the Base Unit Value, seems very low here compared to previous years but greening makes up the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I'll gain €23/year by 2019 it might buy a bottle of whiskey Christmas 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Ah nuts wrote: »
    will the disadvantaged area scheme still be in place

Yep ,it has a new name. Anc or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I thought I was going up a bit. But then realised the greening sort of replaces the extra money you get from the sheep grassland. So not sure if I'm us or down in real terms , I think ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

I thought I was going up a bit. But then realised the greening sort of replaces the extra money you get from the sheep grassland. So not sure if I'm us or down in real terms , I think ? :confused:

My basic payment is up €0.23/ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

its on agfood online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

In 2019 mine will be similar to what I got last year in 2014. My entitlements are going down by between 2.5 and 3%/year.

whelan2 wrote: »
    its on agfood online

I can't seem to find the BPS entitlement values and greening figures on agfood. I can access the new application alright and see land details for this year.
    Where is the stuff about the money located

I can't seem to find the BPS entitlement values and greening figures on agfood. I can access the new application alright and see land details for this year.
    Where is the stuff about the money located
    go to direct payments
    then bps/greening/sps
    then correspondence on the bottom left
    then guide to bps entitlements 2015-2019
    click view
    on my computer which ever one you pick will be in your downloads hth

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    go to direct payments
    then bps/greening/sps
    then correspondence on the bottom left
    then guide to bps entitlements 2015-2019
    click view
    on my computer which ever one you pick will be in your downloads hth

Thanks Whelan but stil no joy. The only correspondence I have there is the pre printed maps for coming year. :confused:

Thanks Whelan but stil no joy. The only correspondence I have there is the pre printed maps for coming year. :confused:
    it should be under that, maybe give them a ring on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

What exactly is greening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

td5man wrote: »
    My basic payment is up €0.23/ha.
    Drinks are on you, so;)

As far as i can make out so far, i will be down about 800 euro in total by the end so not too bad. Regretting selling the bull weanlings now when i took over to build a shed to put the heifers in.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I got mine and think I'm up about €10 but I'm sure that will be taken some other way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    What exactly is greening ?

Here is an explanation I found online. Basically its a way to cut 30% from your SFP, unless you adopt certain procedures. More applicable to people with a proportion of tillage crops in their acerage. (at the moment!)

http://www.teagasc.ie/publications/2014/3207/Greening_article_Todays_Farm_July_August_for_web.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Here is an explanation I found online. Basically its a way to cut 30% from your SFP, unless you adopt certain procedures. More applicable to people with a proportion of tillage crops in their acerage.

http://www.teagasc.ie/publications/2014/3207/Greening_article_Todays_Farm_July_August_for_web.pdf

There's a theory out there that individual greening may prove to be a mistake. If you think about it, Farmer A with a large payment is getting payed X amount for greening, while Farmer B with a small payment is getting paid Y amount for greening.

If someone wanted to save money in the future, they may well say, hey, these guys or girls are doing the same job, but Farmer B is doing it for SFA, so why are we paying Farmer A much more than Farmer B?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Do tillage and beef here.
    Putting one tillage field back into grass in to keep them happy. Luckily one year when we were reseeding we put barley in it as a once off and then put it in grass and that has worked in out favour.
    How ever one of the largest operaters in Ireland can just sow a green crop after the harvest and let's it grow for the winter and then harrows it in and tills again.
    Then again 30% of his sfp would be a few hundred grand a year

There's a theory out there that individual greening may prove to be a mistake. If you think about it, Farmer A with a large payment is getting payed X amount for greening, while Farmer B with a small payment is getting paid Y amount for greening.

If someone wanted to save money in the future, they may well say, hey, these guys or girls are doing the same job, but Farmer B is doing it for SFA, so why are we paying Farmer A much more than Farmer B?

I thought the idea was that farmer A and farmer B. Were supposed to meet in the middle ONE day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I think you will find that the middle will fall nearer the lower end of the scale.....

Advertisement