Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest lineup for UFC 116, July 3rd, MGM Grand Las Vegas.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MrStuffins wrote: »
    JOHNNY BONES!!!!!!!!!!

(..... would be a nice replacement)
    Lets just get Akiyama to gain 20lbs or so :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

unknown13 wrote: »
    TBH, the card isn't shít but it isn't great at the same time. There is also no fight that could be used as a co main event, so they essentially have to find a solid replacement for Akiyama.

Well it will never be confused with UFC 100

I made an edit above the replacement is Chris Leben.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

*Akiyama gets a prescription for steroids*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

rovert wrote: »

I made an edit above the replacement is Chris Leben.

:eek:, Chris Leben has tools to put beat and/or put Akiyama to sleep. Good replacement by the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Another EDIT: Chris Leben replaces Silva

WHAT? That's brutal! F*cking Leben!

• Advertisement

Yeah, out of habit i though Silva was still LHW!

Bones would need to chop his head off to make MW!

Another EDIT: Chris Leben replaces Silva
    Im not entirely against this matchup.........actually I like it

Im not entirely against this matchup.........actually I like it

Poor lad only fought this weekend though. How will he juggle his Speed, Strength and Cardio stats? :pac:

Poor lad only fought this weekend though. How will he juggle his Speed, Strength and Cardio stats? :pac:
    By swinging like a rock em sock em robot :pac:

Easily! He smashes Cats! He's The Cat Smasher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I am not amused. My second trip to Vegas and the card was already so so. Now it's lost Silva. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Pitty about Silva, hopefully Leben will be alright after the last fight. I know he didn't get a medical suspension. I just hope it was the same doctor that passed Hamill fit with a staph infection. If Leben is fullt fit this could be a big fight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Fair play to Leben for stepping up so soon after his last fight, I hope he gets a KO.

Brock Lesnar was asked about Fedor's fight this weekend at a media press conference yesterday, and said he had no idea he was even fighting. When asked about Fedor, Lesnar said, and he was very sarcastic so don't get it wrong, "He's the greatest champion of all-time. He's the greatest champion ever, of all-time, in his own little world. Good for him." When asked if he could beat him, Lesnar said, "Absolutely. I can beat anybody." Well, what do you expect him to say. "No, I'm the UFC champion but I'd be no match for Fedor?"

I think he was kinder about Batista :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I'd love to see Leben win this. Huge fight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

“AUDIO” UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin media conference call in full.

http://fighthounds.com/ufc/audio-ufc-116-lesnar-vs-carwin-media-conference-in-full/

The 116 Countdown is up on UFC.com .

Needless to say it wont change anyones opinion. :P

Had to post this really cutesy and niffy piece of PR by Dana:
    UFC President Dana White confirmed that vuvuzelas, pesky noise makers used infamously by South African fans at this year’s World Cup, have been banned at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas this Saturday.

"This decision was pretty simple for me," White said. "Vuvuzelas make the most horrific sound I’ve ever heard. I’d rather let Brock punch me in the face than hear 15,000 people blow on those things. This is the biggest heavyweight fight we’ve ever done. We’ll make enough noise this weekend when Brock and Shane finally step inside the Octagon."

Shane is predicting a knock out (no ****) and Brock today on a radio show said he is sticking to GnP (double no ****).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I am wetting my pants daily in anticipation of this fight. I really hopes it lives up to my expectations, even if it lasts less than a round

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rogan is a gas man!!

"If Lesnar was living 2000 years ago, we'd be sacricing virgins to him outside his cave"

Hahahaha Love the countdown shows, gets me so psyched!!!!

Cmon Carwin!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Carwin by KO in the first. Brock gains an Arlovski chin and loses to Fedor by Death in his Strikeforce debut.

The countdown special seemed to favour Leben then towards the end they do the usual trick of planting a seed of doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just watched the countdown. Can't wait for this one. I hope Lesner wins. If the countdown showed anything, it is that after his sickness Brock has a new found humility. ;) Brock really loves being "The D*ckhead cocky champion". I really think Carwin will take it and I've fingers crossed for a big KO.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just watched the countdown. Can't wait for this one. I hope Lesner wins. If the countdown showed anything, it is that after his sickness Brock has a new found humility. ;) Brock really loves being "The D*ckhead cocky champion". I really think Carwin will take it and I've fingers crossed for a big KO.

It was weird that they completely transposed the backlash relating to the Miller Light controversy onto the flipping off the fans incident making a much bigger issue than the latter actually was at the time. While making no mention of the fact the crowd were being total dicks asking for the fight to be stood up and in general. UFC are clearly marketing him as the unsympathic heel there. Brock is just playing along. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Rogan is a gas man!!

"If Lesnar was living 2000 years ago, we'd be sacricing virgins to him outside his cave"

Hahahaha Love the countdown shows, gets me so psyched!!!!

Cmon Carwin!!!!!!

he said one a while back that he belongs 200 years ago swinging a battle axe he would be a god!

anyone got a link to the primetime plz

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

paddypower.com is 2/1 for carwin ko in rd 1. good odds!

paddypower.com is 2/1 for carwin ko in rd 1. good odds!

I'm definately taking that bet!!

Also, the more i think about Leben v Akiyama the more i like it. Im not sure what kinda Wandiw ould've come out, but there' only ever been one Leben. He'll come out and try take Akiyama's head off, and i reckon Akiyama will stand with him!

Just looking at the main card, this has the potential to be the best and most entertaining card of the year. Everyone knows about the 2 main fights, Pellegrino v Sotoropopopolousopop should be a sweet ground battle, Brown v Lytle is gonna be a 3 round slug-fest between 2 of the toughest guys around!

• Advertisement

i find it very hard not to like brock :D

Advertisement