Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork - Live at the Marquee - 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One big act left to be announced and some rumours suggest it is Bon Jovi - source 96fm

Looking at the schedule, that would be Sunday June 31 I'd imagine then if it's happening. Might have to wait until the two Dublin shows sell out before announcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Bon Jovi would be a poor follow up to Megadeth from last year. I hope that they aren't considered as the token hard rock/metal band at the Marquee this year. We should know who that act will be soon, given that Megadeth were annonced around this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'll eat my hat if Bon Jovi play. Why would they when they can sell out an arena 5 times bigger than the run down hole infested tent that is the Marquee. 96fm should stick to their stupid voice-overs and lame give-aways.

Megadeth would be good alright, sorry I missed Slayer when they played a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

I take it your not a fan of the marquee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

No Hip-Hop?

• Advertisement

cookie75 wrote: »
    I take it your not a fan of the marquee!

:)
    well I'm all for bringing international acts to Cork but I just feel the promoters are being lazy because they know the attraction of international acts coming to Cork will sell anyway.

I think Dara O'Briain said it best when he described the Marquee as Cork's planetarium ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Got my Dylan tickets:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

zimovain wrote: »
    Got my Dylan tickets:cool:

Me too!!!! A gift from the Mrs so a Brucie Bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Wow, some great acts playing this year. Wish I could afford to go to everything I want. Gonna have to pick only one tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

Got my ticket for Bob today - looking forward to it already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Got PAul Simon tickets........Is it June yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

One big act left to be announced and some rumours suggest it is Bon Jovi - source 96fm

A jaysus, big act (in fairness) but the band resemble more of a cabaret act than a rock group nowadays.

Had a listen to grinderman there earlier and they seem alright but they have a very specific sound thats hard to tune into.

Im still of the opinion than this is possibly the worst lineup for the Marquee in years.

Whats Danzig up ta? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Some sites reporting that Lil Wayne has been added to the line-up for July 4th....that the last of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

American rapper Lil Wayne has announced a show at Live At The Marquee, Cork on Monday 4th July 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Got my ticket for Fleet Foxes - great stuff

.. all the rest can whistle on the wind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

American rapper Lil Wayne has announced a show at Live At The Marquee, Cork on Monday 4th July 2011

Christ, is he all they could get after Snoop last year? Terrible....terrible.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

ROFL, my earlier post in a similar thread here on boards was so spot on.

short-history-of-modern-african-american-music.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Would it be best to queue at a ticketmaster outlet or order online to get tickets to the marquee? About eight friends and I are looking for tickets to Lil' Wayne on July 4th!

Would it be best to queue at a ticketmaster outlet or order online to get tickets to the marquee? About eight friends and I are looking for tickets to Lil' Wayne on July 4th!

Lil Wayne gig cancelled due to Work Permit issues.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23gigileaks

evilivor wrote: »
    Lil Wayne gig cancelled due to Work Permit issues.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23gigileaks

thank heavens for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will another act take his place now?

Will another act take his place now?

One would imagine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosietobes

I got tickets for Paul Simon also.. But they're sitting! and I hate the seats at the Marquee.. Do you think there's a chance I could just manage to get into the standing?

rosietobes wrote: »
    I got tickets for Paul Simon also.. But they're sitting! and I hate the seats at the Marquee.. Do you think there's a chance I could just manage to get into the standing?

I would presume for Paul Simon the standing area would be common to all while the seated section will be restricted to those with seat tickets, anyone agree?

Paul Simon is one of those artists where you could happily sit for the entire gig and have a great time, I know I would anyway.

thank heavens for that!

best news i've heard all day!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

leahyl wrote: »
    best news i've heard all day!:D

Oh yes, because the people who would go to the Marquee to see the show on the night would SO get in your way. (somehow) I hope ye buy yer Christy Moore tickets, who knows, he might even come back next year if he sells out on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosietobes

I would presume for Paul Simon the standing area would be common to all while the seated section will be restricted to those with seat tickets, anyone agree?

Paul Simon is one of those artists where you could happily sit for the entire gig and have a great time, I know I would anyway.

Oh of course I'm happy to even have tickets! I was just wondering if I could push my luck and get to the standing area without getting thrown out! It's probably not possible though. I seen him there in 2009 and I was standing.. I prefer to stand at his gigs, but I'm happy to even have tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I had seated tickets a couple of years ago for Kanye West. And I ended up standing about half way through. No problems.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Oh yes, because the people who would go to the Marquee to see the show on the night would SO get in your way. (somehow) I hope ye buy yer Christy Moore tickets, who knows, he might even come back next year if he sells out on the day.

Eh what are you on about?:confused:

• Advertisement

rosietobes wrote: »
    Oh of course I'm happy to even have tickets! I was just wondering if I could push my luck and get to the standing area without getting thrown out! It's probably not possible though. I seen him there in 2009 and I was standing.. I prefer to stand at his gigs, but I'm happy to even have tickets.

that's what I was saying, I think you will have no problem moving from your seat into the standing area, seems like the sensible approach for a show like this.

Enjoy the gig, I've seen him before and he's excellent, a true musician but the ticket price is so damn high, €77 for a standing ticket:eek:

Advertisement