Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-04-2019, 00:46   #256
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Daniels View Post
Oh there’s no card on the post can you link the ban?
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...&postcount=108
Gimme A Pound is offline  
Advertisement
16-04-2019, 00:53   #257
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty cole View Post
yes we have and that's about all it is, bad manners by 16 year olds.
She's trying to make a name for herself, I don't care if she's short or not.
She's all over the press crying about it, boo hoo. it's not a hate crime.
It's also not a crime to leap frog anyone against their will or without permission end of story. She wasn't violated as though she's trying to insinuate.
It's a lot more than bad manners and you know it.

Is she "all over the press" or is it this one article?

Only the spindo said it was a hate crime.

She was of course violated. She was humiliated just because of her diminutive stature, and unable to defend herself. This is just one example of what she has to deal with on a regular basis due to having dwarfism. Why do you have a problem with her highlighting it? What is it that you find so objectionable? It's a weird thing to be so hostile about.

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 16-04-2019 at 01:35.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
(2) thanks from:
16-04-2019, 00:54   #258
Teddy Daniels
Banned
 
Teddy Daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Grumpy Crystal View Post
Thanks
Teddy Daniels is offline  
Thanks from:
16-04-2019, 06:48   #259
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 7,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Daniels View Post
Is it ?
Yes.


Listen to her TED talk and see what you think.
AndrewJRenko is online now  
16-04-2019, 09:00   #260
Pappa Dolla
Moderator
 
Pappa Dolla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Daniels View Post
Little people are not disabled.
Well, that's nonsense
Pappa Dolla is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-04-2019, 09:39   #261
seamus
Dental Plan!
 
seamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 60,711
Send a message via MSN to seamus
Lots of tiny penises in this thread threatened that anyone other than a straight white man would have a voice in the media.

Sad.
seamus is offline  
Thanks from:
16-04-2019, 10:37   #262
rusty cole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Lots of tiny penises in this thread threatened that anyone other than a straight white man would have a voice in the media.

Sad.

wt actual fook..

who's hate filled now!! where does sexual orientation and colour come into this, let alone dick size.. gas stuff altogether.
rusty cole is offline  
16-04-2019, 10:39   #263
rusty cole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Grumpy Crystal View Post
It's a lot more than bad manners and you know it.

Is she "all over the press" or is it this one article?

Only the spindo said it was a hate crime.

She was of course violated. She was humiliated just because of her diminutive stature, and unable to defend herself. This is just one example of what she has to deal with on a regular basis due to having dwarfism. Why do you have a problem with her highlighting it? What is it that you find so objectionable? It's a weird thing to be so hostile about.

yea right, up there with Brexit.. terror now it is!! why...? what??? who???
you're like mastermind there with the Q&A take a breath.
Attached Images
File Type: png Terror.PNG (665.4 KB, 17 views)
rusty cole is offline  
Thanks from:
16-04-2019, 12:03   #264
the dunne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus
Lots of tiny penises in this thread threatened that anyone other than a straight white man would have a voice in the media.
****ing hell. Shoehorning white male guilt into this is beyond parody. Well played.

(Also you insinuated that people who have penises are exclusively male - dock yourself 2 virtuous points)
the dunne is online now  
Advertisement
16-04-2019, 12:54   #265
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Lots of tiny penises in this thread threatened that anyone other than a straight white man would have a voice in the media.

Sad.
I don't get this stuff either. You're a straight white man aren't you? How do you know what size the other men's penises are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty cole View Post
yea right, up there with Brexit.. terror now it is!
That's dumb-ass Joe.ie, not Sinead.

I just don't understand why you are so angry towards her and so determined to downplay what she has to put up with, and so lacking in empathy. Yeah there is a large number of idiots who get offended by practically nothing, but she is not one of them - having dwarfism and having to deal with constant humiliation (this was only one such incident) and highlighting this, is not offence over nothing. And a person who doesn't have dwarfism saying it's no big deal - well their point of view doesn't mean sh1t.

Just because there are all these really easily offended and triggered eejits out there, doesn't mean it's necessary to be harsh and indifferent even towards those who have genuine grievances.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
16-04-2019, 13:02   #266
rusty cole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Grumpy Crystal View Post
I don't get this stuff either. You're a straight white man aren't you? How do you know what size the other men's penises are?

That's dumb-ass Joe.ie, not Sinead.

I just don't understand why you are so angry towards her and so determined to downplay what she has to put up with, and so lacking in empathy. Yeah there is a large number of idiots who get offended by practically nothing, but she is not one of them - having dwarfism and having to deal with constant humiliation (this was only one such incident) and highlighting this, is not offence over nothing. And a person who doesn't have dwarfism saying it's no big deal - well their point of view doesn't mean sh1t.

Just because there are all these really easily offended and triggered eejits out there, doesn't mean it's necessary to be harsh and indifferent even towards those who have genuine grievances.
OK Hermann Rorschach lets put this to bed. Angry at her?? eh no. Angry at the outcry and hate crime ****e? yes?.
For the record If I was standing there, I'd have easily stood up for her, it's a lousy thing to do. I almost slapped a guy for telling a begger to Fook off and get a life once, so I'm not Hitler!

it's simply not a hate crime. ok, we're settled on this now.
rusty cole is offline  
Thanks from:
08-05-2019, 15:17   #267
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 7,973
Just wondering if any of the big lads with the little jokes got invited to the Met Gala with Gaga and Soairse and Harry and Jared and got to write about it in Vogue?

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinead-bur...23675-May2019/

No? That's a shocker.
AndrewJRenko is online now  
08-05-2019, 15:39   #268
ohnonotgmail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 17,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty cole View Post
OK Hermann Rorschach lets put this to bed. Angry at her?? eh no. Angry at the outcry and hate crime ****e? yes?.
For the record If I was standing there, I'd have easily stood up for her, it's a lousy thing to do. I almost slapped a guy for telling a begger to Fook off and get a life once, so I'm not Hitler!

it's simply not a hate crime. ok, we're settled on this now.
We're really not.
ohnonotgmail is online now  
Thanks from:
08-05-2019, 15:41   #269
Deebles McBeebles
Registered User
 
Deebles McBeebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
Just wondering if any of the big lads with the little jokes got invited to the Met Gala with Gaga and Soairse and Harry and Jared and got to write about it in Vogue?

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinead-bur...23675-May2019/

No? That's a shocker.
If anyone is looking for a rhetoric question its just up there ^^^
Deebles McBeebles is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-05-2019, 15:48   #270
Captain Barnacles
Registered User
 
Captain Barnacles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
Just wondering if any of the big lads with the little jokes got invited to the Met Gala with Gaga and Soairse and Harry and Jared and got to write about it in Vogue?

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinead-bur...23675-May2019/

No? That's a shocker.

So what, condescending to invite her really, invite her for what she has achieved not because she is a dwarf and it's politically correct.
Captain Barnacles is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet