Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-03-2019, 10:34   #46
xieann

Someone who recants a mantra to everyone who'll hear it:

"Every morning, I get up....do this....then this and I do it in that particular order, I then go out to my local gym... I then go to work...like clockwork..........................I'm such a slick cooldude"

(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-03-2019, 10:40   #47
TheDavester

Quote:
Originally Posted by xieann View Post
Someone who recants a mantra to everyone who'll hear it:

"Every morning, I get up....do this....then this and I do it in that particular order, I then go out to my local gym... I then go to work...like clockwork..........................I'm such a slick cooldude"

Or those who like crap like live life laugh love or those inspirational quotes
24-03-2019, 10:41   #48
Persepoly

People who assume that their way is the only way.
People who judge others unfavorably for a belief system which they don't hold themselves.
Lack of integrity particularly when it comes to what you say. Stand by your words. Even on here if you post something, maybe in the heat of the moment, don't delete it after you've had your meltdown. Own it. I lose all respect for those people.
If you make it clear you dislike another person then please don't be all friendly and chatty with them the next day. Again no integrity.
24-03-2019, 10:42   #49
numbnutz

Dicks that think the way Conor McGregor behave is just an act...he's not he is actually a prick..with money...
Drivers who insist the middle lane is for overtaking only...just **** off now with yourself the roads are beyond capacity for that ****e
Indoctrination of religous beliefs on kids
(4) thanks from:
24-03-2019, 10:57   #50
the beer revolu

People who, irrationally, hate people who choose not to eat animal products, despite probably not actually knowing any.
(I eat meat)
Advertisement
24-03-2019, 11:02   #51
Fieldog

Anyone who has remotely similar views as G.O.D...
24-03-2019, 11:02   #52
the_pen_turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by micar View Post
People who think Michael Jackson did nothing wrong.
i think the oposite. i dont know if he did anything or not , but i let the fact decide

not specifically talking about that case

people that see a program (not even a documentry) , read an article , newspaper , face book post etc and take it as fact instead of seee it as the 'authers' opinion.

too many people believe any old rubish they read and go around spreading it as fact.
a neighbour of mine is like this. if the docter told her to use a cream everyday for a week , she would try it for 2 days then complain that its useless and the doc knows nothing. , but if someone posted up a hack on faebook about rubbing marmalade on your skin she would believe it and tell everyone
24-03-2019, 11:58   #53
Tacklebox

People triggered by their emotions in a debate rather staying on topic.

Lack of manners.

People insidiously laughing at someone rather laughing with them.
24-03-2019, 12:16   #54
xieann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacklebox View Post

People insidiously laughing at someone rather laughing with them.
More common than you think, especially in the Irish working environment
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-03-2019, 12:16   #55
Aceandstuff

Misogyny.
Misandry.
Racism.
Believing absolutely everything they read on the internet.
Refusing to accept the truth, be it scientific, historical, or just a minor piece of factual information. For instance, how my name is spelled. Don't tell me what my name is!
Telling people they are at fault for getting an illness because of their beliefs or mindset. Nobody's self-doubt ever gave them cancer, but that's what some "spiritual" woo fans insist on believing...
24-03-2019, 12:21   #56
Candie

Most people are decent and likeable enough even if I don't agree with their sometimes bizarre opinions.

Being rude or arrogant to service staff, speaking over people, deliberately not holding doors for people or offering a seat to someone who *obviously* needs it more, making everything about *you* and generally thinking you're the most important thing all time and in every situation...those are some of the things that make me avoid a person.

Impatience with the elderly or cruelty to children or animals flips my bitch-switch like nothing else, no coming back from that.
24-03-2019, 12:24   #57
Tacklebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by xieann View Post
More common than you think, especially in the Irish working environment
I work with right rapscallions and it's easier to laugh with them, because they're just laughing amongst themselves.

It takes practice and eventually it'll be second nature to you.
They'll like you all the more.

I hear you, I am not undermining the situation..
24-03-2019, 12:24   #58
eviltwin

People who think physical discipline of children is ok

People who lack empathy

Anyone who supports discrimination

People who judge me. I don't care what someone thinks of me but when they are like a dog with a bone always mentioning certain things you do and can't shut up about it I can't deal with it
24-03-2019, 12:26   #59
Berties_Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Most people are decent and likeable enough even if I don't agree with their sometimes bizarre opinions.

Being rude or arrogant to service staff, speaking over people, deliberately not holding doors for people or offering a seat to someone who *obviously* needs it more, making everything about *you* and generally thinking you're the most important thing all time and in every situation...those are some of the things that make me avoid a person.

Impatience with the elderly or cruelty to children or animals flips my bitch-switch like nothing else, no coming back from that.
I hold doors for all - men, women (not a patriarchal oppressor) and children. A simple "thank you" generally suffices. Entitled cases don't acknowledge.
24-03-2019, 12:29   #60
Candie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
I hold doors for all - men, women (not a patriarchal oppressor) and children. A simple "thank you" generally suffices. Entitled cases don't acknowledge.
I do too (not a matriarchal oppressor), and if it's ignored I say 'Pardon?' and most will remember their manners. If they don't, they go on the secret list.

I like manners, they're important.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion