Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

15-04-2019, 14:23   #571
is_that_so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths View Post
Not that it's terribly important but Mickey D got just under 56 percent, that's not three times Casey's vote. Also I don't think anyone thought no one other than the incumbent was going to win despite the nonsense one poster here likes to repeat.
It's not really. Game was over when he declared. Nobody much cares what came after it.
Advertisement
15-04-2019, 14:25   #572
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so
It's not really. Game was over when he declared. Nobody much cares what came after it.

As I said it's not important just felt it necessary to correct you false claim.
15-04-2019, 14:25   #573
bobbysands81

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so View Post
He’s officially declared.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/total-of-59-candidates-declare-for-european-parliament-elections-1.3860879?mode=amp
15-04-2019, 14:38   #574
is_that_so

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
Eh, the Presidential.
15-04-2019, 14:47   #575
BarryD2

Quote:
I wasn't too surprised about Ming. He got a "real" EU issue and ran well with it.
So tell us what your Ming has been doing, since the last election.
Advertisement
15-04-2019, 17:48   #576
is_that_so

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD2 View Post
So tell us what your Ming has been doing, since the last election.
Well he's not mine and I don't much care what he's been or not been doing. What exactly should they be doing and what have any of them been doing? The only one I'm ever aware of is McGuinness. That's only because she may well end up President of the EU Parliament at some point soon.
15-04-2019, 20:54   #577
BarryD2

Quote:
Well he's not mine and I don't much care what he's been or not been doing. What exactly should they be doing and what have any of them been doing? The only one I'm ever aware of is McGuinness. That's only because she may well end up President of the EU Parliament at some point soon.
You seem to be partial to Ming and consider he's a shoe in. There must be a reason for that logic. You could see Casey sucking up a lot of the skeptical rural vote, if he gets the oxygen of publicity.
15-04-2019, 21:07   #578
Banned

Quote:
But surely you heard about the heroic Lynn Boylan, SF's finest MEP?

The bould Lynn single-handedly rescued young Ibrahim Halawa from an Egyptian prison and flew him home to Dublin to a hero's welcome. The woman is a legend!
15-04-2019, 22:06   #579
Edgware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_Simone View Post
But surely you heard about the heroic Lynn Boylan, SF's finest MEP?

The bould Lynn single-handedly rescued young Ibrahim Halawa from an Egyptian prison and flew him home to Dublin to a hero's welcome. The woman is a legend!
The main thing is that she gets her head into the Brussels trough like the rest of them. The EU dictatorship knows how to buy people off.
Advertisement
15-04-2019, 22:30   #580
dxhound2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
Who predicted he would romp the poll?

No-one I remember.

Sure MDH was the clear favourite, and was always predicted to get more than the other 5 candidates combined.

Your use of the word 'just' in the "just 23%" was meant to be demeaning to PC. When in fact you know that 23% of the vote in a 6 horse race, inc a runaway favourite, is pretty damn good.
In the Boards poll, 54% said they would be giving their vote to Casey. This is not the same as predicting that he would romp home. But it does show that there is less support for Casey in the real world than on After Hours.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...hp?p=108386878
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2019, 22:35   #581
Edgware

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
In the Boards poll, 54% said they would be giving their vote to Casey. This is not the same as predicting that he would romp home. But it does show that there is less support for Casey in the real world than on After Hours.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...hp?p=108386878
Are you insinuating that posters on After Hours are not in the real world?
And there was I taking everything posted so serious
Thanks from:
15-04-2019, 23:23   #582
mgn

Maria Walsh on the Tonight Show complaining about the lack of broadband and running as an MEP on the Fine Gael ticket.

Last edited by mgn; 15-04-2019 at 23:29.
15-04-2019, 23:29   #583
NasserShammaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Maira Walsh on the Tonight Show complaining about the lack of broadband and running as an MEP on the Fine Gael ticket.
"It's an education process"

She's perfect for them nonsense wrapped up as solutions.
15-04-2019, 23:43   #584
JupiterKid

Casey is a one trick pony. He is not suitable as an MEP, isn't he a Eurosceptic at any rate?

Ming stands a very good chance of re-election. It is ridiculous to suggest that he has done absolutely nothing for his constituents. We will see on when the European election results come in.

I personally think the European Parliament is a bit of a gravy train...
(2) thanks from:
16-04-2019, 06:58   #585
Edgware

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
Casey is a one trick pony. He is not suitable as an MEP, isn't he a Eurosceptic at any rate?

Ming stands a very good chance of re-election. It is ridiculous to suggest that he has done absolutely nothing for his constituents. We will see on when the European election results come in.

I personally think the European Parliament is a bit of a gravy train...
Of course it is. A talking shop for a few attention seekers. We will see how it is when 30 to 40 percent of the seats go to right wing candidates
Thread Closed