Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Seller occasionally posts here

I also spotted it in 2018, check out that old trade plate!

25878845377_72f521d8a0_z.jpg

Do you recall what condition it was in?

51 years old and never painted !

I looked them up. Only a three year production run and 5800 built in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

elperello wrote: »
    Do you recall what condition it was in?

51 years old and never painted !

I looked them up. Only a three year production run and 5800 built in total.

I don't know to be honest

I just snapped the photo quickly a few years ago in the RDS car park. It looked good from across the road anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,769 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Anybody else find there is very little good ones for sale at the moment? Just went through 10+ pages of the vintage section in DoneDeal and couldn't find a single car that was a good enough bargain to post up here. There was a good value W124 Mercedes 260E, but it had chrome wheel arches and I just couldn't post a Mercedes with those :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

unkel wrote: »
    Anybody else find there is very little good ones for sale at the moment? Just went through 10+ pages of the vintage section in DoneDeal and couldn't find a single car that was a good enough bargain to post up here. There was a good value W124 Mercedes 260E, but it had chrome wheel arches and I just couldn't post a Mercedes with those :o

You're starting at the wrong end....start on the last page and work your way back!:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

kaizersoze wrote: »
    You're starting at the wrong end....start on the last page and work your way back!:pac::D

Good stuff is so scarce that if some thing good does come it only lasts a couple of days before its sold and taken off donedeal.

• Advertisement

Could be the rotten weather too.

Two weeks of rain wouldn't encourage you to take a classic out or go looking at one.

Sale in Swords coming up April 26th.

Sale in Swords coming up April 26th.

Thinking of going to that this year. What's people's experience of it? Anyone bought / sold or just had a browse?

Thinking of going to that this year. What's people's experience of it? Anyone bought / sold or just had a browse?

In my experience most of the stuff there will have been on Donedeal for weeks previous, so nothing new, and everything is crazy money.

I had a couple of cars for sale at the last one, and it was clear that anyone I spoke to had no money, they were just along to nosey at the cars.

That said, I go every year...I’m still waiting to stumble across that diamond among the rough that will make me loads of money :D

It’s more of a static show than an all out sale really. I think it’s about €30 to display your car for sale indoors on the morning if you get there early enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I always go, great day out
    Don't go expecting to buy anything as there is a 50% premium added to anything for sale, either that or only dreamers are there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

• Advertisement

A twenty grand white 90s manual Mercedes taxi diesel? Not my idea of a classic bargain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

look whats back ! price rise though

RobAMerc wrote: »
    look whats back ! price rise though

It was for sale at an asking price of €7k previously, now it's €6.9k. So a price drop, not a price rise!

Ad must have disappeared and then renewed (as I am still subscribed to it). Not that surprising it wasn't sold, the market for one would be tiny.

It was for sale at an asking price of €7k previously, now it's €6.9k. So a price drop, not a price rise!

Ad must have disappeared and then renewed (as I am still subscribed to it). Not that surprising it wasn't sold, the market for one would be tiny.

Oh, I thought it was 6k previously, I must oogle a 1000 cars a week, no surprise I got confused !

Anyway, I think its worth us having a look !

https://www.donedeal.ie/rallycars-for-sale/rolls-royce-shadow-one/24142983

If ye are back looking at Rollers this wild card turned up advertised on DD in Rally Cars section.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭jucko

https://www.donedeal.ie/rallycars-for-sale/rolls-royce-shadow-one/24142983

If ye are back looking at Rollers this wild card turned up advertised on DD in Rally Cars section.

.... is that a couple of 911s in front??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭jucko

jucko wrote: »
    .... is that a couple of 911s in front??

oh, just bits of them, in his other ads :)

A twenty grand white 90s manual Mercedes taxi diesel? Not my idea of a classic bargain :p

The thing is, find a good rust free W124 saloon in this condition for less. Aint gonna happen in this country. There is a 2200 mile 1988 230E for sale in London with a tag of £26,000 making this one a bargain. The W124 has finally reached its time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

w124man wrote: »
    The thing is, find a good rust free W124 saloon in this condition for less. Aint gonna happen in this country. There is a 2200 mile 1988 230E for sale in London with a tag of £26,000 making this one a bargain. The W124 has finally reached its time!

And both will be for sale for a long time. Neither are bargains...maybe dreamer of the year forum :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

How could you possibly repair this amount of corrosion listed in 1 day....properly,
    503581.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-w126-280-se-83-vintage-tax/21524469

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt/24283771

YWMxNDk2ZjBmMzI4YTcwMDk2ZGU4YmQ5NzQ5YTU4YjInGGDrZ1STOAqX3-JSOrzGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI1NTcyMDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I like the look of this. 32k miles, seemingly no rust and in excellent nick. NCT'd for a year and exempt thereafter

I had a 79 3 speed auto Accord a few years ago, it certainly didn't set the world alight but it was a pleasant old thing to buzz around in. If this is anything like that it will be grand too no doubt. In the case of my accord it felt lightyears ahead of its British counterparts of the time.

This is €3400. I think with 500 quid knocked off the asking it could be a decent buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

kadman wrote: »
    How could you possibly repair this amount of corrosion listed in 1 day....properly,
    503581.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-w126-280-se-83-vintage-tax/21524469
    that's more like it...

kadman wrote: »
    How could you possibly repair this amount of corrosion listed in 1 day....properly

Underseal!

ronaneire wrote: »
    And both will be for sale for a long time. Neither are bargains...maybe dreamer of the year forum :P

Totally disagree.

The UK 230E is now under negotiation with an MB club member and will be gone soon. The white one will be pulled within a month if it doesn't sell and put back in the garage until its thirty. Both are effectively new cars, both easily capable of twenty years motoring. I suppose if you're used to Fiat 127's and rusty Sierras well then you wont get just how good these cars actually are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

w124man wrote: »
    Underseal!

:p:p:p

I wish I could find something interesting on DD or Adverts to get this back on track ! One of the joys of classics is silly sized V8's and the smell of oil ! Can we all just agree that as far as this forum is concerned batteries are for starting cars, powering phones and well, vibrators and move on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

May not be strictly a bargain, but looks like a nice car (except the wheels of course):

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1992-mercedes-600-sel-v12-lhd-armoured-limo/24294740

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Looking around for insperation for a paint job for my own T2 today and spotted this bad boy https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1969-vw-bayview-camper/24295587

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

There is an EV section of Boards if you wish to talk EVs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Early Vehicles!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement