Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mobile tyre fitting - Maynooth/Kilcock

• 21-02-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm a bit clueless with this stuff so hoping somebody can advise. I've a tire that's totally wrecked so over had to get a tow home.

The car is in the drive now and I'll need to get it sorted before monday. The tire size is large enough (275/30/R20) and I'm just wondering the best way to get it sorted. I dont have a spare and even if I did im clueless about how to change them.

I can source a part worn tyre tomorrow but would a mobile tyre fitter help with this if I havent bought the tyre from them? If so, any recommendations for a mobile fitter out in Maynooth/Kilcock direction?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you specifically looking for a part worn?

Does the car have a jack and wheelbrace?

Are they runflat tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭con747

Splinters wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a bit clueless with this stuff so hoping somebody can advise. I've a tire that's totally wrecked so over had to get a tow home.

The car is in the drive now and I'll need to get it sorted before monday. The tire size is large enough (275/30/R20) and I'm just wondering the best way to get it sorted. I dont have a spare and even if I did im clueless about how to change them.

I can source a part worn tyre tomorrow but would a mobile tyre fitter help with this if I havent bought the tyre from them? If so, any recommendations for a mobile fitter out in Maynooth/Kilcock direction?

Thanks in advance.

If buying a part worn tyre you never know if the tyre has a flaw that could cause a blowout. I would never use one but if you do make sure it ends up on the back wheel until you can source a new one. Better chance of holding the car if a rear tyre blows out. I see 3 tyre fitters listed in Kilcock area so you should ring and see if they have your size and if not explain you can source a tyre if they would fit it. Probably charge you €20 ish to fit and balance it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭con747

Splinters wrote: »

Thanks in advance.
    I should have mentioned if you have breakdown cover with your insurance policy they would tow the car to a fitter for you.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Not runflats, just regular. Nope dont have a Jack or anything unfortunately. Just seen some fair priced part worn on adverts.ie and thought I'd pick them up tomorrow. No idea how I'll get them fitted though. Sorry I'm useless with this stuff.

Advertisement