Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New VW Golf GTI revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know it’s supposed to be derivative and predicable and that’s the point, but the mk8 isn’t a looker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Inside looks a nice place to be and the dash is cool but that's where it stops imo. Mk7 is far nicer on the outside. I predict they will still sell very well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Wasn't it a thing when the Mk5 came out too, people said it didn't look good?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think it's common practice to hate every new generation Golf at launch, then change your mind when that generation is about to get replaced.

Wasn't it a thing when the Mk5 came out too, people said it didn't look good?

Don’t think so, think the major criticism was the step back in interior quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Gimmicky touch control interiors (new Golf heater controls) are driving me crazy, might be fine when we are all sitting, bored witless in autonomous cars, but they have no place cars that we actually have to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wonder what the theme tune will be...it's got a bit of a reputation to live up to...

I wonder will the BHP be up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I don't think the front is particularly great looking the rear is grand. Interior I suppose they have tried to add a few bits to make it feel more modern than the mk7.5. I think you kind of need to see it in the flesh and sit in it to be able to make a full judgement on the car.

CIP4 wrote: »
    I don't think the front is particularly great looking the rear is grand. Interior I suppose they have tried to add a few bits to make it feel more modern than the mk7.5. I think you kind of need to see it in the flesh and sit in it to be able to make a full judgement on the car.

Will they have it in time for 202 or will you just hold out til 211 altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Will they have it in time for 202 or will you just hold out til 211 altogether?

Ah whenever my Golf gets changed it won't be for another one. Would be slow to ever buy the same model car when changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder will the BHP be up

Hopefully enough horses to keep Princess Anne happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

There's a new article with videos of the new Golf GTI, GTE and GTD

https://www.motor1.com/news/401030/2021-vw-golf-gti-gte-gtd-videos/

Advertisement