Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a teacher for group classes

• 14-09-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, my employer has kindly agreed to allow staff to allow groups of staff use of a large hall on our premises for sport or social activities during lunch time and after hours. A group of us are interested in perhaps organising a yoga or pilates teacher to come give a course, probably one lunch time a week from now til about Christmas. Most of us would be beginners or have a small amount of experience. It's still in the very early stages but what I'm looking for is
    (a) whether this sounds at all feasible
    (b) any suggestions of where we might find a teacher
    (c) any indication of how much we could expect to pay
    (d) an indication of how large a group could be accommodated by one teacher
    and (e) any other advice or suggestions you think might be useful.

The cost of the classes would be born fully by the staff and we're looking to keep it as low as possible. We're in the Dublin 7 area.

I'm not sure what the rules are on here about specific recommendations so if necessary, please PM me. All opinions / suggestions / advice are very welcome.

ETA: Also if there are any specific things we should look out for in a teacher - is there a standard qualification, etc? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

This definitely sounds feasible.
    Do you know of any yoga studios in your area, OP? I'd suggest maybe finding the names of some of their teachers and approaching them about a class? A lot of yoga teachers are freelance and do a couple of hours here and there in different studios, and would be happy to oblige.

Alternatively, there's a list of teachers in north Dublin here:
    yoga teachers north Dublin

The average price of a yoga class is between €10-15, so depending on numbers etc, I'd try to negotiate within that range. If you can get the classes for less, then so much the better.

Numbers wise, it would depend on the space you have available but 12 is a standard size for a yoga class. If you have a large space, I'd say 16 is a not unreasonable size for a class and would bring costs down. Obviously, this would depend on whether a teacher thought he/she could manage a class this size.

Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mymojo

I'm based in swords but work throughout dublin teaching yoga classes and workshops to both private groups and individuals. I do a number of corporate classes and these normally run at lunch/break times...if you would like to discuss starting a group class, please PM me.
    Suzanne

Advertisement