Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 laoise6

KH1591 wrote: »
    Application is currently with the underwriters, during this level 5 lockdown I have been laid off of work but my partner has not. Would this affect anything during this stage? We've our full deposit saved and everything is in order. I've heard it shouldn't affect anything until you go to drawdown the mortgage but just want to be certain!

Do you think it might be back from the underwriters and it’s Kildare cc that are slow? as the time line above that Jill posted says her application went to the underwriters in September too, and was back after a month?

I strongly suspect they'll probably ask me for the payslips, salary cert and letter again :pac: but I don't know for sure yet.

I'll give you a full timeline, .

Thanks a mil, that’s really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Yes we are, have you still not heard back?
    I was just speaking with the guys in Rebuilding Ireland there and they told me that any disturbance to savings, income or being on any scheme during lockdown will not affect the application or approval once everything else is in order but we will have to be off it at least 3 months before drawdown which makes total sense, I'm due back to work December 1st and I'll be running back in!! Hopefully we hear back soon. It will all be worth it in the end!!

Still nothing. The lady I was dealing with is out of the office till next week. I emailed the housing loans email Friday & Yesterday and I phoned yesterday and havnt heard back yet.

Last Tuesday 19th I was told a few applications were back and that they were going to try organise a credit meeting (but still unsure if ours was back)

Thanks so much for letting me know. Hopefully hear something soon. I will be on here straight away and let You Know.

laoise6 wrote: »
    Do you think it might be back from the underwriters and it’s Kildare cc that are slow? as the time line above that Jill posted says her application went to the underwriters in September too, and was back after a month?

My application went in Sept 2019 , it went to underwriters in Sept 2020 so Yes I think it is Kildare , Iv no Idea why Kildare is the county that's behind everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KH1591

I was told they take 5 days to come back with a decision normally, I'm sure during this lockdown and the backlog due to the previous lockdown has delayed things but they're meant to be quick enough I believe.
    A global pandemic doesn't help the situation at all :D

• Advertisement

Lauren52 wrote: »
    Still nothing. The lady I was dealing with is out of the office till next week. I emailed the housing loans email Friday & Yesterday and I phoned yesterday and havnt heard back yet.

Last Tuesday 19th I was told a few applications were back and that they were going to try organise a credit meeting (but still unsure if ours was back)

Thanks so much for letting me know. Hopefully hear something soon. I will be on here straight away and let You Know.

You surely will be in that batch since you're waiting so long! I'm trying to be as positive as I can through this process! Yes please come back with an update!! Really hope you get sorted after such a long wait!!

I was told they take 5 days to come back with a decision normally, I'm sure during this lockdown and the backlog due to the previous lockdown has delayed things but they're meant to be quick enough I believe.
    A global pandemic doesn't help the situation at all :D

5 days? I was thinking it took 5 weeks.. it’s so hard to communicate with the cc’s none of us have a clue what’s actually going on!

I’m gonna start chasing for an update in that case..

5 days? I was thinking it took 5 weeks.. it’s so hard to communicate with the cc’s none of us have a clue what’s actually going on!

I’m gonna start chasing for an update in that case..

Council told me usually 2-3 weeks to come back from Underwriters (mine took over 5 first time around) went back on 18th of Sept... so nearly 5 weeks again.

Iv been hounding them all the time - prob why mine is taking so long- I'd say they hate me !!

Council told me usually 2-3 weeks to come back from Underwriters (mine took over 5 first time around) went back on 18th of Sept... so nearly 5 weeks again.

Iv been hounding them all the time - prob why mine is taking so long- I'd say they hate me !!

Hahaha I’d say it’s the only way you ever get an update.. I plan to do the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jessimirish

I strongly suspect they'll probably ask me for the payslips, salary cert and letter again :pac: but I don't know for sure yet.

I'll give you a full timeline so far -

07/08/20 - Posted Application to Dublin City Council (note that this was a Friday, so bear in mind two days of weekend to follow)
    12/08/20 - Got a follow up query requesting a Gift Letter, scanned and returned this by email same day. Was advised all else was in order and it would go to the Underwriters, and this would take 6-8 weeks.
    18/09/20 - Emailed for update, advised app was back from Underwriters and would go on to the Credit Committee, which was to meet mid October.
    08/10/20 - Emailed for update, was advised it was just back from Credit Committee and that I'd been approved, that there was a declaration of Continuity of Employment on the way out to me to be signed, and that I'd be required to submit proofs to this effect (2 Payslips, a Salary Cert and a letter from my employer to say I would not be on the Covid subsidy and my circumstances of employment had not changed since my initial application)
    12/10/20 - Received Declaration in post, signed and returned along with requested 2 payslips. Could not get a non-standard letter from my employer in a timely fashion, so I phoned DCC to ask what else might suffice. Was assured the Salary Cert was all that was required for this (NB - This was NOT the case, see below) and sent Declaration, Payslips and Salary Cert off that day.
    21/10/20 - Emailed for update after not receiving documents. DCC phoned me to tell me Salary Cert was actually not sufficient to demonstrate continuity of employment, I would require a signed letter from my company on headed paper to this effect.
    23/10/20 - Obtained above letter from employer in digital format, emailed it in.
    27/10/20 - DCC queried the e-sign signature on the letter as they thought it looked like it was cut and pasted. After a very stressed out back and forth, I CC'd my HR Department rep who confirmed it was legit, this was then accepted.

Thanks for this! It's really helpful. I'm a month to the day behind you (posted off on September 8) so this gives me a good idea of what to expect.

I really hope they don't ask for salary cert etc again at drawdown... I have a pay review in December that could put me over the threshold :cool:

• Advertisement

Thanks for this! It's really helpful. I'm a month to the day behind you (posted off on September 8) so this gives me a good idea of what to expect.

I really hope they don't ask for salary cert etc again at drawdown... I have a pay review in December that could put me over the threshold :cool:

I guess people stop posting here once they get to drawdown as they’re pretty much home and dry at that point (literally) but yeah I’d also love to know what might required.. as it’ll be next year for me for sure.. (if I get approved)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I guess people stop posting here once they get to drawdown as they’re pretty much home and dry at that point (literally) but yeah I’d also love to know what might required.. as it’ll be next year for me for sure.. (if I get approved)

Promise I'll keep updating because as you say, that was the exact stuff I'd have loved to come across when I was starting out.

You surely will be in that batch since you're waiting so long! I'm trying to be as positive as I can through this process! Yes please come back with an update!! Really hope you get sorted after such a long wait!!

Hey I just got a reply, no credit comittee date has been set.

The lady I am dealing with is back next week hopefully will hear something next week. Will keep You posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Our application is with SDCC since July. The last time I called (3 weeks ago), I was told there was 5 in the queue for the credit committee. I called today and they said it didn't go to the credit committee last week. They said they hope it'll go to them next week but they can't be sure :confused:.

We also have an application with DCC since September. Last update from them was 30/09 to say it would take 6-8 weeks.

I won't be surprised if we get approval(hopefully) from DCC before SDCC.

Hey I just got a reply, no credit comittee date has been set.

The lady I am dealing with is back next week hopefully will hear something next week. Will keep You posted.

Oh great so you have your approval in principle now and waiting on full approval? Even the AIP is great to have, you can start looking for a home in the meantime

Oh great so you have your approval in principle now and waiting on full approval? Even the AIP is great to have, you can start looking for a home in the meantime

No the lady who replied didnt tell me that either , so I am still none the wiser just said application had not gone to a meeting as none had been arranged

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jessimirish

extrafluff wrote: »
    Our application is with SDCC since July. The last time I called (3 weeks ago), I was told there was 5 in the queue for the credit committee. I called today and they said it didn't go to the credit committee last week. They said they hope it'll go to them next week but they can't be sure :confused:.

We also have an application with DCC since September. Last update from them was 30/09 to say it would take 6-8 weeks.

I won't be surprised if we get approval(hopefully) from DCC before SDCC.

I applied with Fingal as well as DCC and have heard nothing from FCC since submitting in September - might write in for an update.

No the lady who replied didnt tell me that either , so I am still none the wiser just said application had not gone to a meeting as none had been arranged

You should definitely ask has it been approved in principle, if its going to a meeting it should have been

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Welp. Sent in my structural survey last week to the council and they just got back to me with four things that have to be done and they won't issue the mortgage unless they are done. Now I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things. There are things in there that they are saying don't comply with building regulations. The property was built in 1996 and the building regulations they are talking about came into effect between 1997 and 1999. Can I dispute the recommendations or anything since the property was built before the regulations came into play? The things they are saying I have to do are things I would have done down the line anyway, but they won't issue the mortgage unless they are done prior to occupation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

You should definitely ask has it been approved in principle, if its going to a meeting it should have been

It has to go to the credit committee meeting to be approved in order to be issued with AIP.

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    It has to go to the credit committee meeting to be approved in order to be issued with AIP.

Oh right, I thought the underwriters gave you the AIP after they assess the application and the credit committee gives you the full approval. Maybe I was told wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Jafin wrote: »
    Welp. Sent in my structural survey last week to the council and they just got back to me with four things that have to be done and they won't issue the mortgage unless they are done. Now I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things. There are things in there that they are saying don't comply with building regulations. The property was built in 1996 and the building regulations they are talking about came into effect between 1997 and 1999. Can I dispute the recommendations or anything since the property was built before the regulations came into play? The things they are saying I have to do are things I would have done down the line anyway, but they won't issue the mortgage unless they are done prior to occupation.

There’s a really helpful group on Facebook called First Time Buyers Ireland. You should post on that, someone will know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    There’s a really helpful group on Facebook called First Time Buyers Ireland. You should post on that, someone will know the answer.

Thanks, I'll go have a look!

I asked did she know the outcome with the underwriters - she said she didnt know and will get the other person dealing with our application know to contact me when she is back from her holidays.

Do You know if it would go to a meeting if the underwriters had declined the application?

Basically ours went to underwriters and came back declined (we sent in more information and it went back again)

They would hardly go to a meeting if declined is what I am wondering, what would be the point?

What I gather from it is underwriters approves , then Credit Commitee decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Do You know if it would go to a meeting if the underwriters had declined the application?

Basically ours went to underwriters and came back declined (we sent in more information and it went back again)

They would hardly go to a meeting if declined is what I am wondering, what would be the point?

What I gather from it is underwriters approves , then Credit Commitee decide?

The UW will make a recommendation to the Council but the overall decision on any loan, approve or decline lies with the councils credit committee.

Even if you are declined, it has to go to the credit committee for a formal decision.

The UW will make a recommendation to the Council but the overall decision on any loan, approve or decline lies with the councils credit committee.

Even if you are declined, it has to go to the credit committee for a formal decision.

Thank You,

Ours came back as a no from UW because the council looked for 260, we went back with updated payslips to show there was a pay increase, so I'm hoping the council was correct in their calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Does anyone know what it means by
    ‘We have received a request from your solicitors for the cheque to be issued’

We is it issued from and what’s the time frame. Solicitors said requested on the 09/10.

No sign of it

CP

I just had a letter through today saying I’ve been declined, but I’m wondering if my application actually got sent to the underwriters at all, as it’s only been 3 weeks since I was told they were sending it.

I’ve been declined because I haven’t shown continuous employment, don’t have the full 10% deposit saved, haven’t submitted a year end statement, and I have non-guaranteed overtime that left me 2000 over the threshold.

The thing is, the woman at Wicklow cc was new in the job and phoned me to say she wasn’t processing my application for the above reasons, so I got her proof of continuous employment, the p21 as the p60 is now obsolete and said I was using the help to buy scheme for the full deposit, and the 5% I had saved was additional for legal costs etc.. she told me I wasn’t allowed to use that scheme, despite RIHL and revenue telling me I could.

Also, the previous person in the role told me to go ahead and apply even with the overtime, as they aren’t allowed to include it to increase what they lend you, so she said it shouldn’t disqualify me either - and munch base salary is under the threshold..

The new woman also phoned me to say the underwriters would probably want a salary cert and I had to point out that was already in the application.

So now I’m worried she just decided it was a no and my application didn’t make it any further than her. To say I’m gutted is an understatement.. but I’m not sure there’s any point in fighting it, and I’m probably gonna lose the only house I have a chance of buying..

• Advertisement

I just had a letter through today saying I’ve been declined, but I’m wondering if my application actually got sent to the underwriters at all, as it’s only been 3 weeks since I was told they were sending it.

I’ve been declined because I haven’t shown continuous employment, don’t have the full 10% deposit saved, haven’t submitted a year end statement, and I have non-guaranteed overtime that left me 2000 over the threshold.

The thing is, the woman at Wicklow cc was new in the job and phoned me to say she wasn’t processing my application for the above reasons, so I got her proof of continuous employment, the p21 as the p60 is now obsolete and said I was using the help to buy scheme for the full deposit, and the 5% I had saved was additional for legal costs etc.. she told me I wasn’t allowed to use that scheme, despite RIHL and revenue telling me I could.

Also, the previous person in the role told me to go ahead and apply even with the overtime, as they aren’t allowed to include it to increase what they lend you, so she said it shouldn’t disqualify me either - and munch base salary is under the threshold..

The new woman also phoned me to say the underwriters would probably want a salary cert and I had to point out that was already in the application.

So now I’m worried she just decided it was a no and my application didn’t make it any further than her. To say I’m gutted is an understatement.. but I’m not sure there’s any point in fighting it, and I’m probably gonna lose the only house I have a chance of buying..

How much is your total salary for the year, is it 50,000 + 2,000 in overtime ?

How long have You been employed for?

Was it a new house You wanted to purchase?

Did You have the remainder of the price of house in the bank after the amount on the online calculator?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get an Idea of it all to see if I think it's worth your while appealing it.

If ours is a no I will be 100% appealing as we tick every box on the form , as in there is nothing they can question. (Except I am tempory laid off at present) but I will even fight that if that's a reason.

Advertisement