Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My local Tesco had no Stroganoff left today. Fookers!:D
    This might sound crazy but you'd be amazed at the amount of lurkers on this forum. It might be coincidental but people could have read about it here and bought it.
    Before I mentioned something I liked in one of the food threads and the next time I went to get it, it was sold out.

On topic, earlier had a plate of onion rings. Not chipper, Green Isle. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

On topic, earlier had a plate of onion rings. Not chipper, Green Isle. Not bad.

Mmmm, tasty. Can those be done in the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

They can. Try the Diggers onion rings in batter. Very tasty.

Yes, just lay them out on baking paper on a tray, turn a few times.

I've had them too, Supervalu sell both. They're both nice in fairness.

Yes, just lay them out on baking paper on a tray, turn a few times.

I've had them too, Supervalu sell both. They're both nice in fairness.

Sounds great, thanks, on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

I dug up the spuds today from the garden. Very pleasantly surprised with the haul that i got.
    I decided to make a cottage pie with it so I used up some of the mince in the freezer from the heifer I got killed last year adding onions and carrots into the mix. Some home made gravy from the pan the mince was in and nice buttery mash on top, into the oven for the gut of 45 mins. I cheated and got a large bag of chips from supermacs when it was nearly done as a side and steamed some french beans.
    It was ducking divine.

beerguts wrote: »
    I dug up the spuds today from the garden. Very pleasantly surprised with the haul that i got.
    I decided to make a cottage pie with it so I used up some of the mince in the freezer from the heifer I got killed last year adding onions and carrots into the mix. Some home made gravy from the pan the mince was in and nice buttery mash on top, into the oven for the gut of 45 mins. I cheated and got a large bag of chips from supermacs when it was nearly done as a side and steamed some french beans.
    It was ducking divine.

That sounds absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I'd love right now.

Had a nice few creative writing beers with Mrs G. who had her din dins earlier. I'm gonna have some more Aldi delights. A chicken Jalfrezi, pilau rice and those great beef dripping chips. It does the job! I may have something posher tomorrow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I made homemade Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken with snow peas and carrots for myself and flatmates. Now I am relaxing with a Bourbon and tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

From the butchers got some bbq pork belly things, & another dish with noodles & sticky shredded chicken in it.
    Got a bag of fresh stir fry veg in tesco to go with them. Fried the veg up with white pepper & some sesame oil.

I was dying to get home to have it, but it was a total let down!:(

Noodle dish was waaay too sweet. & pork belly is not my thing anyway.
    Also opened a jar of satay sauce(Yeo's) to have some on the side, but it tasted more like tikka masala paste than a peanut sauce. Disaster:D

Think I'll try making it from scratch myself another time, & with bbq ribs instead because I really was looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Had breast of chicken with wholemeal pasta and tomato and basil sauce. Few cans now.

I love how all your posts say.. few cans now at the end. You're my kind of dinner guest Temp! :)

I'm in a ****box hotel following a ****box fight with my ****bos now ex eating a horrible ham sandwihc wishing the world would end but ya know.. few cans, be grand.

Men. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

I got my new Foreman and have chili burgers.
    Will be rustling up a toasted special later though.

After my grub last night being very common and cheap :D I've tried to step up a gear for my dinner tonight. :D A couple of beers have been had while watching tellie. Mrs G is happy on the OJ after trying a carbon copy of my meal last night. She agrees that it's an ideal emergency dinner, although she had french fries with her's. Ms G had a chicken fillet with mash and gravy. Milled it. Her favourite, But let me mention the gravy....

....I bought the spice of life beef gravy. Ms G wasn't mad about it, but I highly recommend it. My dinner now is a Sirloin steak at medium, Digger's battered onion rings (because onion rings were discussed here over the last few days and gave me the urge) and more beef dripping chips with that spice of life beef gravy. Conna get dug into it shortly.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Couple of our own eggs but everything else was from Lidl yesterday, what would we do without these German shops?

Maple thick cut rashers (5 for 99c) and a honey and mustard and cumberland sausage out of the airfryer, unreal flavours. Mushrooms fried in butter because its Sunday and why not.

The Brennan's wholegrain bread was too fresh to toast, beautiful. Tea now, coffee to follow and there might be a couple of pints in the local later on.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Couple of our own eggs but everything else was from Lidl yesterday, what would we do without these German shops?

Maple thick cut rashers (5 for 99c) and a honey and mustard and cumberland sausage out of the airfryer, unreal flavours. Mushrooms fried in butter because its Sunday and why not.

The Brennan's wholegrain bread was too fresh to toast, beautiful. Tea now, coffee to follow and there might be a couple of pints in the local later on.

The job there RG. I went lighter. Fried egg on toast. Jumbo sausage and hash brown. OJ. Mrs G just poured me a beer.

Too anxious to eat atm so coca cola. It's a feicer cause I'm starving looking at all the pics and hearing what everyone else is eating :D

Mañana!

Decided to get a bit of practice in today in case of another lockdown. Not long out of the oven, and will be a nice side to a tesco strogonoff and baby potatoes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Pot Boiled Bacon, oven roasted for 2 hours and served with sliced pineapple and grainy Dijon Bearnaise. Boiled cabbage mashed with new Irish white spuds trounced in salted butter.

Washing down with chilled Lilt I both in Dealz last week.

Debating desert, but have spent the last 5 minutes craving a chocolate Vienetta. If that doesn't happen I will probably get a box of maltesers and spend the evening lying on my back in the sitting room hovering them above my lips. In fact I might do that as well as eating the Vienetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Pot Boiled Bacon, oven roasted for 2 hours and served with sliced pineapple and grainy Dijon Bearnaise. Boiled cabbage mashed with new Irish white spuds trounced in salted butter.

Washing down with chilled Lilt I both in Dealz last week.

Debating desert, but have spent the last 5 minutes craving a chocolate Vienetta. If that doesn't happen I will probably get a box of maltesers and spend the evening lying on my back in the sitting room hovering them above my lips. In fact I might do that as well as eating the Vienetta.

Oh my god that whole meal sounds devine. Enjoy it Im soooo jealous:P

Curry from the takeaway and beers from Aldi. I used to be a responsible adult. It's Monday night FFS!:D

• Advertisement

Left over potatoes from yesterday, a few chips, a sirloin steak, coleslaw, peas, a couple of mushrooms and peppercorn sauce.

Tesco meal deal chocolate fudge cake out of the freezer with fresh cream.

You wouldn't buy a Big Mac on it's own for what the two courses cost.

Yum, yummie in my big six pack tummy.

Left over potatoes from yesterday, a few chips, a sirloin steak, coleslaw, peas, a couple of mushrooms and peppercorn sauce.

Tesco meal deal chocolate fudge cake out of the freezer with fresh cream.

You wouldn't buy a Big Mac on it's own for what the two courses cost.

Yum, yummie in my big six pack tummy.

Just milled the leftovers from last nights takeaway. Waste not want not. Had these guys in the fridge. This is my one for dessert.

IMG-20201006-190306.jpg

Having a lash of this and a nice coffee after a couple of hours walk in the hills...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Off out for a walk myself then contemplating a late breakfast/early lunch of scrambled eggs and bacon.

Ham and runny fried eggs for breakfast. Some toast on the side.

Jumbo sausages, mash and beans for the crew. I'm having mash, peas and Sirloin steak. Only steak eater in the house. As it's Wednesday night, a little tipple on some Aldi Karlskrone lager. Easy street.:D

Homemade burger and chips here with a glass of red and some more fruit salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

Started working from home and on the break at 2pm i threw a leg of lamb (Mutton really) into the oven. It was from a sheep the cousin dropped into me earlier in the year after helping out in the bog (long live the bogger barter economy :D ). seasoned well salt pepper, garlic, small bit of rosemary and low & slow for nearly 4 hours with small onions whole roasting beside it. Went well with gravy, carrot and parsnip mash and some honey and spelt bread from tesco (Gone of spuds). Meat was fantastic but the onions were to die for. The gravy was from a pack because I got lazy.

Lamb with mint sauce, roasted potatoes, peas and buttered rolls.

beerguts wrote: »
    Started working from home and on the break at 2pm i threw a leg of lamb (Mutton really) into the oven. It was from a sheep the cousin dropped into me earlier in the year after helping out in the bog (long live the bogger barter economy :D ). seasoned well salt pepper, garlic, small bit of rosemary and low & slow for nearly 4 hours with small onions whole roasting beside it. Went well with gravy, carrot and parsnip mash and some honey and spelt bread from tesco (Gone of spuds). Meat was fantastic but the onions were to die for. The gravy was from a pack because I got lazy.
    Lamb with mint sauce, roasted potatoes, peas and buttered rolls.

Well done lads! I shall slide away to my very humble Sirloin steak, mash and garden peas with a splash of Bisto on top somewhere. I have an Aldi knock off bar of Turkish for the follow up. The last sup of Karlskrone.:D Mrs G is doing the get ready for school thing amarach.:D

• Advertisement

Well done lads! I shall slide away to my very humble Sirloin steak, mash and garden peas with a splash of Bisto on top somewhere. I have an Aldi knock off bar of Turkish for the follow up. The last sup of Karlskrone.:D Mrs G is doing the get ready for school thing amarach.:D

Your recipes are far from humble my friend. And I am tempted to steal a few of them.

Advertisement