Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,052 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Let’s give credit where credit is due.

Excellent coverage of the Uk general election by RTE radio.

Very important event for the future of this island and state.

I have no hesitation in complimenting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,524 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I wonder how much Aoengus Mcanally earns for producing liveline.

You'd wonder what his duties are. Making sure Joe isn't on mute? I reckon he's another middle manager on 100k plus for 5 hours work a week.

Leave Aonghus alone.

He is a national treasure, A NATIONAL TREASURE!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Boggles wrote: »
    Leave Aonghus alone.

He is a national treasure, A NATIONAL TREASURE!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

He does have a natural talent and natural looks - both for radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Jesus I thought he was gone. Take about filler, the man was human filler material.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bigroad

Jesus I thought he was gone. Take about filler, the man was human filler material.
    No he works on the live line show ,producer I think.

• Advertisement

Among other things.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I mean when he was a presenter they use to roll him out to goof off here and there for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Just to clear a few mix-ups about who was presenting the UK elections last night on TV.

It was Dobbo in London along with the Prime Time presenters in Dublin & Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

elperello wrote: »
    In your opinion.
    You will find however that lot's of us politics watchers will appreciate the extra attention to this really big story.

I take it all back Catriona Perrys Coverage was riveting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

xl500 wrote: »
    I take it all back Catriona Perrys Coverage was riveting

Confession time here.
    I had a lot on today and when I saw the exit poll I exited stage left to bed at about 12 :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Saturday morning. 6:10am

RTÉ 1 - Euronews
    RTÉ 2 - Euronews

At least TG4 are showing France 24

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just to clear a few mix-ups about who was presenting the UK elections last night on TV.

It was Dobbo in London along with the Prime Time presenters in Dublin & Belfast.

Why was adobo in London when Dimitri o’Donnell is based there?

Why was O’Callaghan in Belfast when the have a number of correspondents covering the north?

They could have stayed in Dublin, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Ryan Tubridy earns (steals) 9520 euro per week. **** sake thats criminal considering they are broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Marian Finucane wasn't on air this morning, Brendan O'Connor filled in for her.

I think it's €300k per year she's on for 2 mornings work each week and she doesn't show up for a number of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

https://extra.ie/2019/12/16/entertainment/movies-tv/sharon-ni-bheolain-rte-feud

looks like sharon is throiwing her toys out of her pram after catriona perry was sent london for the UK election results.

honestly just sack them if they arent prepared to work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Elmo wrote: »
    Why was adobo in London when Dimitri o’Donnell is based there?

Why was O’Callaghan in Belfast when the have a number of correspondents covering the north?

They could have stayed in Dublin, no.

Sean Whelan is also based in London now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

https://extra.ie/2019/12/16/entertainment/movies-tv/sharon-ni-bheolain-rte-feud

looks like sharon is throiwing her toys out of her pram after catriona perry was sent london for the UK election results.

honestly just sack them if they arent prepared to work

Sharon was shown up badly how poor she is on an outside broadcast during the Pope's visit.

Sharon was shown up badly how poor she is on an outside broadcast during the Pope's visit.

I don't think Perry is much better.... also afaik both Sharon and Jon are hot heads, so they were bound to clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sharon Ni Bheolain is an uppity 'mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Second time she's done this.

If she can't accept her bosses decisions, maybe she needs to look elsewhere for work?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Second time she's done this.

If she can't accept her bosses decisions, maybe she needs to look elsewhere for work?

From what I gather he's not too nice himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

seriously though what real world job can you ignore your boss permanently and both of you stay in your jobs!

seriously though what real world job can you ignore your boss permanently and both of you stay in your jobs!

Yes, HR should become involved. I'd get rid of the person who sits on the executive board of RTÉ. But then I'd also have to quit if I was the HR Manager! But the Executive should resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,524 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

source.gif

Boggles wrote: »
    source.gif

RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I always thought dobbo looked like he smelled of rich mahogany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Probably annoyed that she didn't get an all-expenses-paid Christmas shopping trip to London.

Of course, Ní Bheoláin can't be fired over her behaviour because she would bleat about "sexism" and "treatment of women at RTÉ" and "gender pay gap" and threaten lawsuits.

But the notion that she can just not show up for work whenever she feels like it shows an entitlement mentality of the highest order. If it was a private company, she'd be heading out the door with her belongings in a cardboard box.

Probably annoyed that she didn't get an all-expenses-paid Christmas shopping trip to London.

Of course, Ní Bheoláin can't be fired over her behaviour because she would bleat about "sexism" and "treatment of women at RTÉ" and "gender pay gap" and threaten lawsuits.

But the notion that she can just not show up for work whenever she feels like it shows an entitlement mentality of the highest order. If it was a private company, she'd be heading out the door with her belongings in a cardboard box.

This kind of behaviour needs to be eliminated.
    Two people need to do their job

Sharon or Dee Forbes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if rte want her out then it will happen, regardless of what she bleats.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Aren't we repeatedly told that these presenters are private contractors, not owed the usual trappings of employment like pensions, whenever we criticise their stratospheric costs.

Yet when it comes to basic and wilful non-performance of their contract they're given leniency more akin to a civil servant with decades of time served, essentially unfireable.

So which is it? Highly paid footloose contractors or secure public servants subject to public service payscales?

Or is it both, whichever suits them better at any given time; just like RTE is both a public service broadcaster that must be protected to maintain our democracy and the advertisement stuffed programmer of imported soap-operas.

Advertisement