Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Powerwasher 2100W with accessories - €99.99

Options
  • 16-02-2018 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭

That time of the year again. On sale from Thurs 22nd Feb. Great deal when you take into account the 3yr warranty and a good time of year IMO to get one with (hopefully) better weather not too far away. Decent power from this kit for relatively small money. With the quibble-free Lidl 3yr warranty, it's a very good deal. Ideal for car, patio, cobble and deck cleaning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

For a few dollars more I would recommend a Nilfisk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01MSYCQ8N/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1518771301&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=nilfisk&dpPl=1&dpID=41sJxTe-vrL&ref=plSrch

Metal pump, excellent build quality and standard fittings so it’s easy to get parts for them. I replaced a Lidl one after 2 years with the old model of this one. Had it 5 years now and never a bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

stimpson wrote: »
    For a few dollars more I would recommend a Nilfisk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01MSYCQ8N/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1518771301&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=nilfisk&dpPl=1&dpID=41sJxTe-vrL&ref=plSrch

Metal pump, excellent build quality and standard fittings so it’s easy to get parts for them. I replaced a Lidl one after 2 years with the old model of this one. Had it 5 years now and never a bother with it.

Can I ask - is it worth getting the patio cleaner one ? We have natural stone and only really use the lance on it but wondering if the patio cleaner attachment is any good and worth getting or does the lance do the same job?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So your referring to a washer that Lidl sold 7yrs ago, its most likely been updated since then.

I have the Aldi equivalent for 3 yrs now, it gets used regularly and has never given a moments trouble. I hope to have it for another few years yet and if it were to give up I'd have no hesitation buying another one from Aldi/Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Only wrote: »
    Can I ask - is it worth getting the patio cleaner one ? We have natural stone and only really use the lance on it but wondering if the patio cleaner attachment is any good and worth getting or does the lance do the same job?

Patio attachment is SO much better, much faster, neater and less spray. I'll never go back to the lance.

But the Aldi one has much more power, 2100 v 1400 watts?

• Advertisement

I have the Nilfisk C110 and sometime wish it had a bit more power for the patio.

The Nilfisk has max pressure of 110bar

The Lidl one claims:

Max. pressure 15 MPa (150 bar)
    Max. working/ rated pressure 11 MPa (110 bar)

So does the Lidl one achieve 110 or 150bar???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

I linked this in a post for a Boardsie earlier in the week. A fine machine but the Lidl offering is far more powerful. Have used both and there is a noticeable difference. As I said, the convenience of a B&M local purchase with the warranty is the key here. I replaced a Aldi one 2yrs and 8mths into its life and they sent me a brand new item in 2 weeks. Excellent service and they are always available for warranty replacement. They do change the casing colours, but that's about it. That said, the Lavor 150 that Lidl sold many years ago was the best that was ever sold by either Aldi or Lidl. It was a truly superb machine. Personally, I was never a fan of the patio cleaner extra. The rotating nozzle attachment is the dogs for any surface, particularly moss covered cobble / patio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

If anyone is buying a new washer, instead of looking at watts and bar pressure I'd recommend focusing on the litter per hour or per minute.
    It's a better indicator, and close to or more than 600 per hour or 10 per minute is a good point.

11214 wrote: »
    If anyone is buying a new washer, instead of looking at watts and bar pressure I'd recommend focusing on the litter per hour or per minute.
    It's a better indicator, and close to or more than 600 per hour or 10 per minute is a good point.
    You'll not be getting anything near 600L/hr unless you go to absolute top of the range stuff (well north of €400). Overkill for the vast majority of homeowners. Added to the fact that motor / BAR pressure is all relative. A smaller motor (say 1400W) will have a lower working pressure and therefore a lower L/hr.

I have the Nilfisk C110 and sometime wish it had a bit more power for the patio.

The Nilfisk has max pressure of 110bar

The Lidl one claims:

Max. pressure 15 MPa (150 bar)
    Max. working/ rated pressure 11 MPa (110 bar)

So does the Lidl one achieve 110 or 150bar???

The rated pressure is the real one. The C120 is the same l/h but 120bar. As was said above, use l/hour to compare. Even though the Lidl is 2100W, it may have a less efficient motor and appears to have the same pressure.

All things being equal I would say that the build quality of the Nilfisk is as good as you’ll get for that kind of money. If the patio cleaner is left out then it’s £87 a pretty much on a par with the Lidl. Warranty is 2 years vs 3, but the biggest issue with washers is people leaving them in the shed over the winter and the plastic pump cracking due to frozen water. The Nilfisk is aluminium so that’s not a concern. No idea what the Lidl is.

As regards the patio cleaner I found it great for doing concrete. I did cobblelock with it and it blew the sand up into the spinning arm and it was never right again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Does the Lidl powerwasher usually sell out on the day? Or would I be ok to pick one up at the weekend?

LG1234 wrote: »
    Does the Lidl powerwasher usually sell out on the day? Or would I be ok to pick one up at the weekend?

You should be fine. They never seem to clear quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Only wrote: »

Yes it gives a nice even finish. It’s a bit of a pain to use for a long time, if it had wheels it’d be great!

FWIW I have a nilfisk nearly 10 years and it’s been perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have this with almost 3 years.
    Lots of use and zero issues
    Grand washer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K6C5YZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What about Lidl's petrol washer.

Tempted myself at £179

NIMAN wrote: »
    What about Lidl's petrol washer.

Tempted myself at £179

180 bar is way overkill for washing a car. Could do more harm than good. If you’re using it for a car keep a shallow angle against the paintwork.

If you have need of one that powerful it looks like a great deal. €250 this side of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Do people use cleaning fluid with these on patios or just water?

cronos wrote: »
    Do people use cleaning fluid with these on patios or just water?

Cold water all the way does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Have the house to powerwash before painting what is the best machine for one of these jobs? Also would be using it for concrete paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

180 bar is way overkill for washing a car. Could do more harm than good. If you’re using it for a car keep a shallow angle against the paintwork.

If you have need of one that powerful it looks like a great deal. €250 this side of the border.

I recently did my driveway with a small Nilfisk one. Took me three days.

Thinking the petrol one would get it done in a day maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Does it have to be attached to a tap?

I don't have a tap in the garden, and don't think the house taps (could attach to kitchen sink or bathroom sink, both near the back door) are suitable for attaching to.

Thinking of picking up the Lidl one tomorrow, I assume it has a standard fitting so that any attachments can fit it and not just the Lidl bits?

Thinking of picking up the Lidl one tomorrow, I assume it has a standard fitting so that any attachments can fit it and not just the Lidl bits?

Nope there are all different types. The Lidls used to be a Lavor fitting. Here’s the common ones:

bae9.jpg

NIMAN wrote: »
    I recently did my driveway with a small Nilfisk one. Took me three days.

Thinking the petrol one would get it done in a day maybe?

For driveways and the like the petrol one is probably the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Would this power washer be suitable for cleaning the car or would it damage the paint?

Nope there are all different types. The Lidls used to be a Lavor fitting. Here’s the common ones:

bae9.jpg

So none use a common fitting so?

How does that work with generic accessories? Adaptors?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Is the petrol one any good?

Is it a push button start or do you have a cord start on it? Will the accessories from the electric one fit it?

If working a long way from a tap, will it suction water from a tank?

So none use a common fitting so?

How does that work with generic accessories? Adaptors?

Yeah. That photo is for foam lance adapters. Most accessories would be specific to a make though.

Picked one up this morning anyway, will be a week or two before I've a chance to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Slightly off topic.

I have a nasty thick oil stain on the driveway. The rain hasn't shifted any of it.

Would a powerwasher alone take care of it or would I need some sort of a degreaser?

Driveway is made of cobbles.

Advertisement