Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

Ah ok sorry can't help you. Just dropped all my docs back to the council-survey etc so I'm kind of at a similar point. My loan pack has to go out to my solicitor now so I think that will take some time.... DCC don't seem to do interviews at all....

When did u get the loan pack..did you get full approval yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

DamoNolan wrote: »
    When did u get the loan pack..did you get full approval yet??

Well the loan pack goes directly to my solicitor as I understand it and then it's between me and my solicitor to see if any issues etc. They have advised it should be by the end of the week but I'm not holding my breath but I think I am fully approved at this stage. I don't think they'd issue the loan pack without that...?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

Well the loan pack goes directly to my solicitor as I understand it and then it's between me and my solicitor to see if any issues etc. They have advised it should be by the end of the week but I'm not holding my breath but I think I am fully approved at this stage. I don't think they'd issue the loan pack without that...?

Correct on both accounts.
    Loan pack goes to solicitor, it means the council are happy with the property bought and your ability to repay.
    Loan pack is then signed and returned to councils solicitor.
    You will then need to get insurance for the property and note councils interest.
    Once that is done they will then request the funds.

I understand it now..I think your a step ahead of me but at least now I have an idea of what's happening cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Laurazal

Could anyone advice if Bank's Sanction in Principle Letter (basically, approval in principle for a certain amount) is OK for the Council? Still gathering the documents for main application and these letters from banks seem to be the headache...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Amary

Laurazal wrote: »
    Could anyone advice if Bank's Sanction in Principle Letter (basically, approval in principle for a certain amount) is OK for the Council? Still gathering the documents for main application and these letters from banks seem to be the headache...

I just got approval in principal from AIB and BOI did both over the phone and printed the letters. It didn’t say in the letters that it was the maximum I could get so I wasn’t sure if it would be ok. That was fine with Louth CC.

Yes they should be fine. I'm with DCC and used the online AIB approval in principle and had to do full application to KBC. They were accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Laurazal

Hi, guys. I find this tread to be so useful and reassuring. A quick question: when you fill in the application form but do not have a property in mind yet, do you just enter the maximum amount that you hope to be approved of? And if approved, do you have to go with the maximum amount then or is there any flexibility in this?

Hi, guys. I find this tread to be so useful and reassuring. A quick question: when you fill in the application form but do not have a property in mind yet, do you just enter the maximum amount that you hope to be approved of? And if approved, do you have to go with the maximum amount then or is there any flexibility in this?

Correct, enter in the amount you hope to be approved for.
    If approved, you do not have to take the full amount.
    You will only get 90% of the sale price as mortgage.
    For example, imagine you get approved for €150,000.
    You go sale agreed for €160,000, you have to pay 10% yourself, €16,000, that means your mortgage can be a maximum of €144,000.

Hope this helps.

When I went for the meeting I was told to just write in Maximum available on it. I was afraid of putting down too much and getting refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Where did ye get the appendix 1A - HPL1 form signed, I’m finding it difficult to see where this form needs to be brought. Can it be brought to any regional tax office or posted to one?

conbob wrote: »
    Where did ye get the appendix 1A - HPL1 form signed, I’m finding it difficult to see where this form needs to be brought. Can it be brought to any regional tax office or posted to one?

I filled it out and sent it to the Revenue email address below. I included all my contact details address phone etc and asked if they could direct it to the appropriate place and post it back to me. They rang me back in a couple of days and posted it to me
    custform@revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BelleO

conbob wrote: »

You can go into your local revenue office and they do it there and then for you so eliminates any delays.

I'm waiting for final approval but I'm just wondering what the next step is once I get it.im with fingal coco.thanks

Fingal will send you your final approval and you just need to sign it and send it back to them. The law department in fingal will then issue a loan pack to your solicitor and then you will be ready to sign contracts with your solicitor. I am signing contracts next week and it all seems very straight forward from this point on.
    Once you sign contracts the solicitor will look after everything with fingal from here on in.

GF2013 wrote: »
    Question for anybody who’s already drawn down please??? Is the loan pack they send just the loan offer letter and the acceptance form we need to have signed in presence of solicitor? Our solicitor said there should be other documents sent to him and won’t meet us until he receives them, council not returning our call to clarify and we want to get the ball rolling!

Did you already receive your sale agreed pack and meet for your final interview?

We made an offer on house, received out sale agreed pack & went back for final interview with updated salary certs, savings etc and signed the MPI agreement. Then two weeks later received out final approval and repayment information, we had to sign it and return it and then 1 week later our solicitor received the contracts from Fingal and now we are due to meet with solicitor next week to sign contracts and finalise everything.
    Hope that helps.

You don’t actually need an official letter of offer/refusal from banks anymore. You can use the online mortgage calculator and take a print screen of the amount you are offered and this will suffice.
    A year ago I applied and had to get the two letters of mortgage approval:refusal from banks and it was tedious to get them. My circumstances changed so submitted a new application late last year and the council advised that a screenshot of online mortgage calculator will be enough as most banks are making it difficult for people to get these letters from them.

BelleO wrote: »
    Fingal will send you your final approval and you just need to sign it and send it back to them. The law department in fingal will then issue a loan pack to your solicitor and then you will be ready to sign contracts with your solicitor. I am signing contracts next week and it all seems very straight forward from this point on.
    Once you sign contracts the solicitor will look after everything with fingal from here on in.

Once I sign it and send it back how long does it take fingal laws department to send out the loan pack??thanks

Once I sign it and send it back how long does it take fingal laws department to send out the loan pack??thanks

Our solicitor had the loan pack back from Fingal in about 7 working days so not too long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ukelele!

For me, when i put my salary into the calculator, it said I'd get around 120,000. This wasn't really enough, so I decided to apply for 160,000 and the coco told me to apply for the higher amount and then they'd come back to me with a lower amount, if needed. It took 6 weeks for them to come back to me and say "you applied for too much" and made me start the application all over again. So just bear that in mind. It wasted 6 weeks. When i reapplied for the 120,000, i had to submit screenshots of the calculator showing my salary giving me 120,000.

You don’t actually need an official letter of offer/refusal from banks anymore. You can use the online mortgage calculator and take a print screen of the amount you are offered and this will suffice.
    A year ago I applied and had to get the two letters of mortgage approval:refusal from banks and it was tedious to get them. My circumstances changed so submitted a new application late last year and the council advised that a screenshot of online mortgage calculator will be enough as most banks are making it difficult for people to get these letters from them.

It just depends on what council you are applying to. I had to have letters from the bank a screenshot wasn’t good enough. Maybe phone and ask before putting in your application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi has anyone self employed got approved on this sceme

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blahbaba

does anyone know how strict they are with house size?? if inside the price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shaun__90

Hi, I was refused on friday based on my last 12 months savings which was €16,000!!? Can someone please tell me why they said that I had insufficient savings, or has anyone else had this problem? I have the full 10% deposit for the house and a little bit more. They don't explain themselves very well.

Shaun__90 wrote: »
    Hi, I was refused on friday based on my last 12 months savings which was €16,000!!? Can someone please tell me why they said that I had insufficient savings, or has anyone else had this problem? I have the full 10% deposit for the house and a little bit more. They don't explain themselves very well.

Do you have enough saved to cover stamp duty and solicitors fees? I was told I needed that too. Did you have any break in savings over the 12 months it needs to be continuous savings. They should explain to you what the problem is. Hopefully someone else on here will know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shaun__90

Amary wrote: »
    Do you have enough saved to cover stamp duty and solicitors fees? I was told I needed that too. Did you have any break in savings over the 12 months it needs to be continuous savings. They should explain to you what the problem is. Hopefully someone else on here will know more.

Yeah I have all of that and I am also eligible for the Help to Buy grant also, they never explained in any detail, they just stated insufficient savings over a 12 month period, and i save every month with no breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GF2013

Did you already receive your sale agreed pack and meet for your final interview?

We made an offer on house, received out sale agreed pack & went back for final interview with updated salary certs, savings etc and signed the MPI agreement. Then two weeks later received out final approval and repayment information, we had to sign it and return it and then 1 week later our solicitor received the contracts from Fingal and now we are due to meet with solicitor next week to sign contracts and finalise everything.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for that!!! We received the final loan offer letter and have our meeting tomorrow with the council. Our solicitor was contacted by council solicitor on Friday to say he’d receive the loan pack shortly so hopefully things will get moving quicker from this week. Our vendors solicitor sent a letter last week to say he’s quite ill so to hurry things along quickly. My nerves are shattered!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 delkel38

blahbaba wrote: »
    does anyone know how strict they are with house size?? if inside the price range?

They are strict with 175sqm max size unfortunately.

The scheme back in news for all the wrong reasons.

Shaun__90 wrote: »
    Yeah I have all of that and I am also eligible for the Help to Buy grant also, they never explained in any detail, they just stated insufficient savings over a 12 month period, and i save every month with no breaks.

Ask them for more details, what you have to show, get it in writing.
    I was rejected first time too as I didn't "demonstrate ability to repay".
    Had to get more details off them as to what this meant.
    I appealed their decision and won so I got offered what I requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 JessC1987

Quick query to anyone who has been fully approved with DCC:

Called DCC today and was advised we've been fully approved by underwriters and credit committee and we are to expect an official letter of offer over the coming days. I understand we're to sign this and send it back, can we start to look immediately at houses or do we need to wait until they receive our acceptance of the offer? Thanks in advance

Advertisement