Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Module Credits

• 24-05-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently doing a masters through DCU connected.

Five modules, four have 15 credits and the thesis has 30 credits.

I know its obvious that the value of the thesis is huge. Is there any way of working out what id need to get if i want to keep my average over 70 %

Currently at 68% with two module (15 credits) completed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Hi

I am currently doing a masters through DCU connected.

Five modules, four have 15 credits and the thesis has 30 credits.

I know its obvious that the value of the thesis is huge. Is there any way of working out what id need to get if i want to keep my average over 70 %

Currently at 68% with two module (15 credits) completed.

Multiply your current average (68) by the number of credits you've achieved (30).

68*30=2040

Multiply your desired grade (70) by the total number of credits for the course (90).

70*90=6300

Take the first number away from the second number.

6300-2040=4260

Divide this by the number of credits you haven't yet achieved (60) and you'll get the required average for the remaining modules (71).

4260/60=71

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hi guys quick question. Are exam resits capped at 40%? Getting a lot of conflicting information on this at the moment. Thanks guys.

Advertisement