Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodley 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Echecs

Mmm is it John Healy or John Gibson?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

John Healy Echecs.

Thanks. You wouldn't have John's contact e-mail, by any chance? We'll soon have to play that team, so we wanted to make arrangements...

I've passed on the thread to him a few minutes before you posted that Echecs, expect a PM or email shortly...

That's great. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

Darko,
    You may end up getting better games than you imagined in the Bodley if you do decide to play B1 for Enniscorthy next year. There has been a trend of a couple of very strong B1s in the Bodley the last few years, from John Delaney and Leon/Mindaugas at RT and Fred Harte at Skerries to Seamus Duffy at Wicklow this year. The BEA also has Monika and Manuel as 2000 plus players.
    There is every chance of another surprise player appearing next year of this trend continues (maybe you will be that player).
    There are also some very strong juniors that played in the Bodley in recent times, with Sean McLoughlin, Scott Mulligan and Odhran McDonnell being good examples.
    The quality of all the teams on the Bodley may be uneven, but it is a very difficult division to win/get promoted from. Best of luck if you do take part next year and
    Be prepared for some good games (plus some very easy ones were you will be just too strong)

That's a pretty good argument for reviving division seven y'know...

We must introduce Division 7 anyway. The Bodley A and B are the only divisions where only one team gets promoted, unless the LCU makes another U-turn and decides to introduce promotion play-offs. Also, teams there are very uneven. Some of them could play in the O'Hanlon, some others have mostly beginners. Division 7 would solve these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

another name for the Bodley Hall of fame would be Conor O Donnell who played in the Bodley 4 years ago at a mere 1028.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

another name for the Bodley Hall of fame would be Conor O Donnell who played in the Bodley 4 years ago at a mere 1028.
    And who got thumped in his first game for Bray - against St Benildus. :)
    Sparks wrote: »
    I don't think it's a secret Echecs :D John captains the Bodley B group team (and Kevin the Bodley A, which is the team I'm on).
    Other way around!

• Advertisement

cdeb wrote: »
    Other way around!

Mmm I must admit to being a bit confused here. Kevin, can you tell me again which team you captain this year? Is it the one competing in the Bodley A or in the Bodley B?

Other way around!
    Oh no it's not! And this has been confusing the poop out of me, because Benildus A is playing in Bodley B, but gets called Bodley A within Benildus; and vice versa :D

Sorry - didn't see you sneak the word "Group" in there! So that is correct. Though the A team are in the B group, and are called the Bodley A.

Yeah, I've had to rewrite my diary twice now to get the dates right because I keep confusing the groups and teams...

Jeez, it is very confusing. I was inquiring about the team that's playing in the same division with us (Dun Laoghaire) and Wicklow. I need to get in touch with their captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I've replied to Tony's email, in case anyone else feels like contacting me. :P

St Benildus B 4-1 Skerries

Denied a whitewash by one moment of madness. :( Three pawns up, we swap off the penultimate set of pieces and then find we can't stop a pawn...

Rathmines 3-2 Curragh A

So it looks like a 3-horse race for promotion as Curragh have lost to both Enniscorthy and Rathmines, though they could maybe cause some damage in their next games - against Wicklow and Dún Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

Drogheda 4 1/2 Naomh Barróg A 1/2

Bodley Cup B, standings

1 St Benildus A 4 15
    2 Curragh A 4 14
    3 Wicklow 4 13
    4 Rathmines 4 11 ½
    5 Dun Laoghaire 3 11
    6 Enniscorthy 3 8 ½
    7 Phibsboro 3 3 ½
    8 Inchicore 3 3
    9 Naomh Barróg B 3 3
    10 Bray / Greystones 3 2 ½

• Advertisement

And, for the record, group A -
    Pos	Team	        MP	GW	GD	GL	Pts
    1	Drogheda	4	13	3	4	14 1/2
    2	Malahide	4	10	5	5	12 1/2
    3	Gonzaga	        3	11	1	3	11 1/2
    4	St Benildus B	4	10	1	9	10 1/2
    5	Elm Mount	4	8	3	9	9 1/2
    6	Curragh B	3	6	4	5	8    
    7	Naomh Barróg A	4	5	4	11	7    
    8	Portmarnock	3	6	1	8	6 1/2
    9	Skerries	4	5	1	14	5 1/2
    10	Blanchardstown	3	3	3	9	4 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

7th in group B have less points than last in group A.
    e3c3c4e77af0.png

Any result on Portmarnock v Curragh B?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

3-2 for Curragh B

Any result from Naomh Barrog B vs Enniscorthy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redbrandprj

Echecs wrote: »
    Any result from Naomh Barrog B vs Enniscorthy?

Yes, Enniscorthy won 4-1.

Bodley Cup B, standings

1 St Benildus A 4 15
    2 Curragh A 4 14
    3 Wicklow 4 13
    4 Enniscorthy 4 12 ½
    5 Rathmines 4 11 ½
    6 Dun Laoghaire 3 11
    7 Naomh Barróg B 4 4
    8 Phibsboro 3 3 ½
    9 Inchicore 3 3
    10 Bray / Greystones 3 2 ½

Both groups are very tight at the top end this can swing any way

Enniscorthy v Wicklow and Dún Laoghaire will be very interesting results. Quite glad we got them first round! Still think they'll fall short of the top 3, but they and Rathmines will definitely have a say in the B group title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redbrandprj

Enniscorthy v Wicklow and Dún Laoghaire will be very interesting results. Quite glad we got them first round! Still think they'll fall short of the top 3, but they and Rathmines will definitely have a say in the B group title.

Well we are not in it just to have a say. In it to win it !!! Who knows what surprises there may be :)

Advertisement