Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armstrong 2015/16

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

You don't really mean that. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Lol I do. As long as we get some luck too. :) Enjoy the games. See you later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Well, see you next season again! :(

Vaguely notable that both relegated sides got more points than the I think all bar three of the relegated sides in the past 12 seasons. Our 32½ is a new record high score for a team in 12th in that time too. So while the title was a foregone conclusion, elsewhere it was arguably one of the most competitive divisions in recent times.

And at least relegation was by a clear couple of points - so no wondering about what might have been if only that one game hadn't gotten away! :)

Rathmines and Blanch should make it even more competitive next year - Phibsboro, Kilkenny and even Dún Laoghaire will be in a fair bit of trouble next season I think unless they strengthen.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

This is poor form from LCU, Final round was played yesterday and tables won't be updated til next week !, guess have to wait to give my postmortem analysis :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

@ cdeb

You said
    cdeb wrote: »
    Hm.

Rumours of Curragh's demise were very much exaggerated! Even 3½ against Dún Laoghaire in the final round would make it very difficult for two teams to catch them.
    and I said
    sinbad68 wrote: »
    In statement above you implied that it is very difficult for TWO teams to catch Curragh in the relegation battle and therefore very unlikely Curragh would be relegated, while in fact mathematically Curragh are the worse off team in the Armstrong. Curragh would need a good score in final round and hope that TWO other relegation rivals do badly in their final TWO matches for them to survive ( many IF's).

and argument went back & forth and you found it hard to believe that Phibsboro could get 3 points total in the final two rounds ( they got 7.5 points ! ) Now that the tournament is over, lets look at the outcome.

Curragh managed to beat Dun laoghaoire 5-3 which was an excellent result , so they got 5 points( more than 3.5 points!), yet they were relegated and well short of survival. Yes for the record, I was proven right.

As I said Curragh needed to end above TWO teams , so instead of one dice they were given two dice and asked to roll a six on both.

As for the real reason for your initial post. It has to do with the fact that you and Neo-ninja ( a Curragh player) are both moderators here and have built a kind of camaraderie, all season have been wishing each other well and supporting each other. If Neo-Ninja was a phibsboro player, I am confident you would have been predicting that Curragh would go down and Phibsboro would stay up instead ( You would have been right then :) ).

• Advertisement
Advertisement