Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Books wanted

• 14-12-2015 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a thread for people who want particular history books.

For myself, I'm looking for David Edwards' The Ormond Lordship in County Kilkenny. It seems to have been published with a tiny print run, and has now gone out of print - a great example of a book that should be republished as an ebook.

If anyone has a copy they'd like to sell, make me an offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭VirginiaB

The best site for used, rare and out-of-print books is www dot bookfinder dot com. Sorry I can't do the link as I don't have the required 25 posts yet. I have bought many books from them and it has been called the Google of used books, tho often the copy is new.

They do have your title--multiple copies, in fact. That's the good news. The bad news is that prices range from $749 to $1,548. Hope Santa is very good to you.

Have you tried Ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

VirginiaB wrote: »
    The best site for used, rare and out-of-print books is www dot bookfinder dot com. Sorry I can't do the link as I don't have the required 25 posts yet. I have bought many books from them and it has been called the Google of used books, tho often the copy is new.

They do have your title--multiple copies, in fact. That's the good news. The bad news is that prices range from $749 to $1,548. Hope Santa is very good to you.

Have you tried Ebay?

Thanks, a bit over my budget :eek:

I've tried eBay, yes. No sign of it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭VirginiaB

Yes, sad to say Santa is not usually in that lavish a mood.

Other options are contacting Four Courts Press to see if they have any leftover copies to sell--it does happen, I am told--or if they plan to reprint it, which also happens. They are very nice to deal with.

Also, if you get a copy from a library, you can photocopy it for personal use, if that's legal in Ireland. At least you will have the text.

Advertisement