Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

SoundPEATS TWS <<<< Rebranded QCY!?

SoundPEATS TWS 5.0 Bluetooth Wireless Earphones True Wireless Earbuds in-Ear Stereo with Microphone Binaural Calls Headset
    € 23,94 € 36,27 -34%
    ^^^ Rebranded QCY QS2

true-wireless-earbuds-5-0-bluetooth-headphones-yKx19SvyClJH-Q.jpg

SoundPEATS True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds in-Ear Stereo TWS Bluetooth Headset Wireless Earphones True Wireless Bluetooth Earbud
    € 39,95 € 81,54 -51%
    ^^^ Rebranded QCY T1 with 2600mAH box.

613OY0xWpiL._SX569_.jpg

I was on the lookout for the large charging box, but believe the newer top, model is a better purchase now. Pity that it will probably get caught for VAT at that price. Link both to give people a choice?

Edit: - Also available on Amazon .co.uk/.es/.de for similar prices but don't ship here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just ordered the Tolv Black with the 15% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

alan4cult wrote: »
    Just ordered the Tolv Black with the 15% discount.

Yep they we're the ones I was looking at. Hadn't heard of the brand before.

Edit: the black are available from Amazon for £75 but you'll need to use parcel motel or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They seem to have been available in Asia - Japan and Singapore for longer than Europe.
    I have seen the Niva reviewed and the much cheaper Tio, but not these. I think I'll hold off until a few have them, seem to be marketing the way Jabra did.
    Review (and another coupon code if the first stops working) here:
    https://thetechrevolutionist.com/2019/05/sudio-tolv-true-wireless-earphones-review.html
    In general, the Sudio Tolv sounded quite neutral. We can feel that the product tries to work hard on the mids and highs. However, it fails to achieve a totality to capture the full essence of the music at those levels. This then causes an unpleasant crack when the vocals reaches a higher range. Also, it felt that the earbuds weren’t able to follow through on certain percussion instruments, such as the cymbals and tambourine. The effort to increase bass had an impact on the mids as well, as the audio produced sounded somewhat muffled and uninteresting.

In conclusion, the Sudio Tolv did manage to live up to what it promises as a pair of True Wireless Earphones. If I had to make a choice between the Sudio Tolv and the Apple Airpods, I would choose the Sudio Tolv anytime, due to its better audio quality and comfort, while retaining a portable and clean design. However, if your focus is on audiophile levels of sound quality, the Sudio Tolv simply does not live up that expectation. It has a bit of everything in the lows, mids and highs, but that is essentially what makes it that boring.
    Another review
    https://nasilemaktech.com/review-discount-sudio-tolv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Used my outlier airs for 2.5 hours straight today - in my coat pocket and back jeans pocket (but not hands covering!) and was walking so phone was jiggling around etc. Zero dropouts the whole time. Was also walking between kitchen and living room (open plan apartment so not a massive distance) and no dropouts either. Will monitor over the next while and if the only issue is when I am covering my phone with my hand in my pocket I will keep them for sure, as they are mainly for the gym when they would not even be in a pocket.

Hoping they work out as I love them otherwise

The only way to turn them off though I think is to put them back in the case which also charges them. This seems a bit of a waste if you have only used them for an hour or whatever and don't actually need to charge them, but I guess all the completely wire-free ones seem to be like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Used my outlier airs for 2.5 hours straight today - in my coat pocket and back jeans pocket (but not hands covering!) and was walking so phone was jiggling around etc. Zero dropouts the whole time. Was also walking between kitchen and living room (open plan apartment so not a massive distance) and no dropouts either. Will monitor over the next while and if the only issue is when I am covering my phone with my hand in my pocket I will keep them for sure, as they are mainly for the gym when they would not even be in a pocket.

The only way to turn them off though I think is to put them back in the case which also charges them. This seems a bit of a waste if you have only used them for an hour or whatever and don't actually need to charge them, but I guess all the completely wire-free ones seem to be like this.

I’m glad for you and a little jealous. I wish mine worked well. They are going back early next week. They’ve sent me a return label and told me to send by registered post and scan the receipt to them, so I presume I have to pay for the postage. Still waiting for clarification on that and if so if they refund that too(which I hope they do)

Just a quick one on your hand over the phone in the pocket problem which I replicated, when I did a hard reset, although it still didn’t sort out my drop out problems, it did sort out the hand over the phone in the pocket problem so may be worth considering if it annoys you.

adox wrote: »
    Just a quick one on your hand over the phone in the pocket problem which I replicated, when I did a hard reset, although it still didn’t sort out my drop out problems, it did sort out the hand over the phone in the pocket problem so may be worth considering if it annoys you.

Cool, thanks Adox. I am kinda afraid to mess with it in case it makes it worse LOL, but good to keep in mind.

I have sent back a faulty product to creative before and they refunded the postage no problem, that's why they need the scan of the receipt.

Hope you find some earphones that suit soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

I tried mine today for the first time on a 5km run. Fit was good and they didn't move while I ran so very happy with that.
    I connected them to my Garmin watch on my left wrist with primary bud being the left one. No drop outs at all so again very happy.

I'll try then out with my phone in pocket over the weekend. So far so good though.

garion wrote: »
    I tried mine today for the first time on a 5km run. Fit was good and they didn't move while I ran so very happy with that.
    I connected them to my Garmin watch on my left wrist with primary bud being the left one. No drop outs at all so again very happy.

I'll try then out with my phone in pocket over the weekend. So far so good though.

I don't want to go off topic from bargains but what is the significance of the main unit and secondary unit thing? I can't understand how it matters and why you would want to reassign them as the instructions indicate. Does it matter which is which? Both can answer calls, pause and play etc. from what I can see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

My outliers shipped yesterday, have the tracking number and due to be here Tuesday. Order status all normal.

Oddly though they reverted my card payment this morning :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

maximoose wrote:
    My outliers shipped yesterday, have the tracking number and due to be here Tuesday. Order status all normal.

Ditto. Fingers crossed now after the mixed reviews in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just thought I’d give an update on these

https://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemId=254142981241&txnId=2440821084015&skus=Model:Twin%20Earbud%20with%20Carry%20Case&varId=553490750277

I charged the unit/power bank on arrival and I’ve been using them daily for 90 minutes at least for the last two weeks with no issues and I haven’t had to recharge the power bank yet, not bad for the money I paid £15 on daily deal and they are now £20

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What would be the best AirPod clone?

I think it depends on who you ask and where they bought them. There are so many now, and they range from $4 (probably being resold at €40) up to hundreds on Chinese sites.
    There are the i7s up to the i20s (i30s due out soon if not already) and many may have the same internals or worse.

The XY Pods
    AirPod Super Copy (Identical looking in size and shape).

There are own-brand versions like the Huawei Honor FlyPods and FlyPods Pro and Lite versions.
    Xiaomi Airdots and Airdots Pro and many more.
    The list is huge and growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Suckit wrote: »
    There are the i7s up to the i20s (i30s due out soon if not already) and many may have the same internals or worse.

The problem with the iXXs TWS series is there is clones of clones from various resellers at varying prices. And it is put luck if you get a good and reliable version. Check youtube reviews as the i30 TWS is recent, nobody on here has probably got it to review yet.

corkie wrote: »

The W1 chip is optimised for Apple products, so if using with Android, it won't be of much benefit. I didn't watch the video, but going by the titles of the other videos (apart from the cryptocurrency ones) the reviewers seem to mention that as an advantage.
    Youtube 'reviewers' are often people who have signed up to an affiliate program and emailed a few stores promising reviews. I would rely more on user forums over those.
    The reviewers of these seem to have declared them as the best without any other reviews of the other models.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

maximoose wrote: »

Oddly though they reverted my card payment this morning :confused:

I had the same, mine arrived day after shipping but they reverted my payment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

deisedevil wrote: »
    Just tried mine out. Wanted them for running and gym mostly. Can shake my head as hard as I like and jump about and they don't budge. So all good with the fit. Feels comfortable.

Sound is excellent.

Buttons are better than I had anticipated as I had seen reviews saying they were too hard to press. I think they are alright.

But. Getting drop outs. Sometimes one ear and sometimes both. I'll have to test them out a bit more as I had my phone in the kitchen as I moved about and maybe they are better when the phone is on you but it's disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the Bose soundsport connection I had. I really don't want to send these back, very pleased otherwise.

I have a pair of the Bose ones.. I've tried others and nope I keep going back to the ones I know works tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Went with QCY's on AliExpress for a smidge over €20.

Meant to be excellent.

2019 QCY T2C TWS BT5.0 Wireless Earphones with Dual Mircophone 3D Stereo Bluetooth Headphones For All Phones
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ra1Hu2M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Basq wrote: »
    Went with QCY's on AliExpress for a smidge over €20.

Meant to be excellent.

2019 QCY T2C TWS BT5.0 Wireless Earphones with Dual Mircophone 3D Stereo Bluetooth Headphones For All Phones
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ra1Hu2M

I'd be interested in hearing how they go for you

my biggest issue with any of the ones I've tried so far is the minute my phone goes into a pocket they stop working which is no good when going for a walk in the rain, you can't be holding your phone in your hand

Mine (Creative Outlier Airs) arrived today. Great fit, great sound, nice and compact.

Will be flying later today, and using them while i do, so ill report back on battery and any dropouts.

Just got mine too, nice and easy to set up - first impressions very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Must be the day for it, as mine arrived too. Mainly using them to supplement my QC35s when I don't want to have the big headphones. They're very nice so far, but it's early days. I've a flight in a week or so, and the next week will see if they will be suitable for that. I have some foam tips that I hope will work, as I'm hearing mixed reviews that some foam tips make them not fit in the case, and they're don't sit in right, so it stays connected and doesn't charge.

Sitting at my desk - these are brilliant. Very comfortable, sound is great and good isolation.

Went for a quick walk outside though at lunch, the level of dropout and crackling made them unusable. Gonna charge, reset and repair and give another go but that didn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Mine are supposed to be delivered today, but I got a text from DHL asking me to confirm by 8am there would be someone available to accept delivery that I didn't see until 9.30, so I don't know whether they will bother trying to deliver them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

I've occasional drop outs while walking but nothing too bad. I've drop outs with QC35's too. But I'm struggling to feel any warmth of sound, bass response isn't great which I think is odd as they sit well into the ear canal. I've used them for running, good stability and not one drop out during exercise at all which makes them great. Up to these been I'd using the Wireless BT Outlier Ones, those with the wire for round the next, in the gym and find those to sound better.

Interested to hear if the Bose Soundsport wireless have warmer bass response. Anyone opt to the new PowerBeats wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

My Creative Outlier Airs arrived today from DHL and they are going straight back awful dropouts ,did master reset etc and they are unusable. Will look elsewhere I think.

Very disappointed with the dropouts and weirdly it's only happening with phone in pocket. I'm away now for a few days so will see how I get on and make a decision then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Got mine today. Walking around my house for the last 20 minutes with my phone in my pocket and no issues so far.

Advertisement