Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Urkund plagiarism

• 17-10-2018 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Started an online course with DCU a few weeks ago.

Using Urkund for the first time today. I have an assignment due in a week so i submitted the report to check the level of plagiarism and it came back at 0%

Is it possible to get 0%, lowest iv ever gotten is 7% using turnitin.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't understand.
    If you wrote the report do you not know already it is not plagiarised?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

0% almost certainly means something is wrong. Do you not have a single quote anywhere in the entire assignment?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Sound about right for Urkund to be honest. Most things I've submitted through Urkund were like 0-3%. Highest was around 20% and it was all just similar lines of code from other people's reports on the same thing.

Anyway, just make sure you're not actually plagiarising anything and Urkund won't give you any trouble. It's not like TurnItIn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

spurious wrote: »
    I don't understand.
    If you wrote the report do you not know already it is not plagiarised?

Every report iv written has shown up a small level of plagiarism, table of content, heading stuff like that, very low levels.

Iv never seen 0%, but iv never used urkund, only used turnitin.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    0% almost certainly means something is wrong. Do you not have a single quote anywhere in the entire assignment?

Paraphrase everything. Supervisor for my thesis last year told me "unless it was Jesus himself said it dont quote" (irony i'm quoting now :D)

Got 7% on a 14000 word doc using turnitin

• Advertisement

Peregrine wrote: »
    Sound about right for Urkund to be honest. Most things I've submitted through Urkund were like 0-3%. Highest was around 20% and it was all just similar lines of code from other people's reports on the same thing.

Anyway, just make sure you're not actually plagiarising anything and Urkund won't give you any trouble. It's not like TurnItIn.

Thanks, ya turnitin will show similarities with the table of contents and other stuff like that. I'm never seen 0%.

as i said in a previous post i paraphrase everything. Force of habit from last year. different collage.

Advertisement