Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options
  • 05-06-2016 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

It's on, Sat Aug 20th in Vegas

McGregor-and-Diaz-main_zpshz3id16j.jpg

Mod Edited to Add in Paullys Post..
    Paully D wrote: »
    075450107bdada3d3272793c8265042e.png

Date: Saturday 20th August
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Odds: Diaz (9/8) v McGregor (10/11)
    Other: Weigh-ins take place Friday 19th August at 11pm our time.

What time will the McGregor fight be on?
    It's difficult to give a precise time, but tune in from 5am to be safe. Worst case scenario, you won't be waiting too long.

How can I watch the event?
    Fight Pass Prelims are live on Fight Pass (free trial for new users or €7.99 a month. Subscribe here.). Fight Pass will also get you the Prelims live, while the Prelims are also broadcast on BT Sport.

Since last week, the only legal way to view the main card of UFC events now is to have access to BT Sport. Sky customers can subscribe via the usual means, while Eir broadband customers can get BT Sport for free on their Sky box by providing Eir with their viewing card number. Eir broadband customers can also access BT Sport online for free by following the instructions here.

Who Will Win The Main Event? 178 votes

Diaz via KO/TKO
    0%
    Diaz via Submission
    19%
    [Deleted User]A-Trakslavetothegrindcalifanodave1982blaze1wandatowellTefralRezident[Deleted User]PirateShampooweldoninhioJu_Jujones 19clsmoothZymurgistTurkish1SugarlumpsASOTdegzs 34 votes
    Diaz via Decision
    28%
    DeVoreZascarPlayboyStuxnetJoeyJJpunk_one82nmg_ireEIREHotspurFlipperThePriestadelcrowsmelDrumSteveIrishcrxcallaway92helimachoptorredarmypauldoowinston82TheHopefulpantheraSono 51 votes
    McGregor via KO/TKO
    4%
    ChrisMmel123smilerfJunior DMr. ManagerEngine No.9mini homerIAmTheWasp 8 votes
    McGregor via Submission
    47%
    ARGINITEthe whole year innVeVeXPulse8mayordenischarlevilleHighlanderKJjv2000hatrickpatricktanka006Tiggerslicus ricusThe Freemanmailburnerxtal191Mellorcrybabyduckmusicdavywalsh7 85 votes
    McGregor via Decision
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Submission
    Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

John_D80 wrote: »
    Source?

just announced at UFC 199

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Submission
    scudzilla wrote: »
    just announced at UFC 199

Mad. I was watching the whole event and somehow managed to miss ths entirely. And the Brock Lesnar announcement as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Diaz via Submission
    At 170lbs or 155lbs?

Lesnar v mark hunt now that would be a madness and what everyone should he talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

At 170lbs or 155lbs?

170 ufc 199 post conference

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

John_D80 wrote: »
    Mad. I was watching the whole event and somehow managed to miss ths entirely. And the Brock Lesnar announcement as well!

BT went to an advert break while it was on so if you were watching on that you weren't the only one who missed it mate. Talk about bad timing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

I wonder will there be a massive contingent of Irish considering many will be stuck with flights in July due to the last debacle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Wow 9 posts only. Have people had enough of this fight already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

boards.ie is slowing down generally and its a Bank Holiday weekend, don't think it is due to over saturation.

I'll be interested in seeing how McGregor comes into this fight. He must be used to the extra bulk at this stage and will definitely be coming into this fight smarter and more rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

no ones intrested in this thread till **MOD*WARNING*FIRST*POST**

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd imagine this thread would have more discussion too except that on a bank holiday the few MMA fans on boards atm are also distracted by UFC199, The Brock announcement and what happened to Ariel Helwani.

McGregor & Nate will get people talking no worry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Pretty much everything has already been said a million times already though, we need some new pics or interviews to discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mcgregor should be made drop the 145 belt. Way too long not bothering to even attempt to defend it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Mcgregor should be made drop the 145 belt. Way too long not bothering to even attempt to defend it.

He will be defending it against the winner of Aldo vs Edgar..they fight at UFC 200

McGregor via Submission
    I would have preferred Conor to Defend that belt. Conor v Holloway/Edgar/Also are all looking like very good matches, he hasn't "cleaned the division out" as he claims. There is some good matches there and the fact he is having a second fight against a lightweight at 170. While he is having the second fight at 170 there is an inter fight for a belt in his division while he is healthy, its a bit of a joke. I thought he was going to be a very active champion and defend multiple times a year?

Regarding this fight, it goes the same way as the first fight. Nate has a rock solid chin, good boxing, length, height, bjj, he is just a bad stylistic match up for Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission

Aldo didn't drop it and he went longer without defending it.

Axwell wrote: »
    He will be defending it against the winner of Aldo vs Edgar..they fight at UFC 200

Should have been that defense before anything else. Aldo or Edgar would be ready to fight way sooner than mcgregor will after 202. It'll be over a year without attempting to defend it, 3 attempts (1 abandoned) at a higher weight. Not right, imo.

McGregor via Submission
    Saipanne wrote: »

Aldo wasn't fighting in other divisions and crap. Aldo didn't defend because he was injured. Conor is fit and able to fight, either defend your belt or give it up.

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    he pulled out of fights with, what have to be considered as legit, injuries. He didn't just actively avoid defending it.

Saipanne wrote:

Aldo had to get a contender shot at the least imo no immediate rematch he was notorious for slowing featherweight, Edgar put himself in contention with that knockout of mendes.

Everything's going smooth there so far for a September title defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    can we just keep this thread for things about the actual fight and not just drone on with the same arguements about holding up the division, portal etc that we've all had in the other thread?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Aldo had to get a contender shot at the least imo no immediate rematch he was notorious for slowing featherweight, Edgar put himself in contention with that knockout of mendes.

Everything's going smooth there so far for a September title defense.
    So you think mcgregor will fight august 20th and be scheduled to fight September too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    I think the Diaz fight is stupid, but I'm just saying that Aldo took his sweet time when defending his belt.

Can't wait to see McGregor v Aldo/Edgar myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ive never bet against Conor but its tempting here,never say never as I learned last night but I just cant see how he wins this,Diaz is off doing triathlons this weekend he will be as fit as a flea and will be much more aggressive in the rematch at full strength,is better probably every where more durable more experience at going long distances better chin better clinch better grappler mentally tougher,

As I said Conor is in the same prediciment hes in now he will be coming off a loss to Diaz maybe star power wain a bit further and will get another massive payday,its a bad career choice he clearly has a bunch of yes men around him.

So you think mcgregor will fight august 20th and be scheduled to fight September too?

Sorry meant December lost the run of myself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Diaz was fit for the last fight - he will be fit for this one too.

the difference will be whether McGregor will be as fit as he can be and whether that will edge it for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

everlast75 wrote: »
    Diaz was fit for the last fight - he will be fit for this one too.

the difference will be whether McGregor will be as fit as he can be and whether that will edge it for him.

Diaz had a 12 day training camp,he wasnt in fight shape he was off drinking in mexico on holidays,he will be in much better condition next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gamebred wrote: »
    Diaz had a 12 day training camp,he wasnt in fight shape he was off drinking in mexico on holidays,he will be in much better condition next time.

I read on more than one sight he was off training for a triathlon :-/

Advertisement