Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

One thing I particularly like is the voicemail service, in my case I get a system notification where I basically touch the screen and the phone calls my voicemail automatically.

I'm on android, not sure how it works for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Signed the wife up for GoMo, I'm on vodafone.
    I'm not able to call or text her.
    GoMo tell me there is an issue with Vodafone which they are working on.
    Hope it gets sorted soon.
    It's putting me off changing over the rest of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Gooser14

almee wrote:
    Signed the wife up for GoMo, I'm on vodafone. I'm not able to call or text her. GoMo tell me there is an issue with Vodafone which they are working on. Hope it gets sorted soon. It's putting me off changing over the rest of the family.

I have family members on Vodafone & they have no problem calling or texting me or I calling or texting them from my GoMo number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

Anyone have any experience of porting out of Gomo? Reception very poor in the house. Wife requested to port back to 48 last night at 7pm but nothing as of yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

pissed wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of porting out of Gomo? Reception very poor in the house. Wife requested to port back to 48 last night at 7pm but nothing as of yet.
    I moved back to VF from them and had it all working inside a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Ported my son and daughter's phones over and GoMo mixed up their numbers so she has his number and vice versa. GoMo were next to impossible to get through to and only when I threatened to go to Comreg, did I eventually get a response. Then they said I fcuked up the porting process, which I know I didn't. They said they'd resolve it in 2-3 days and that was two weeks ago and no joy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Would you be operating from the same mobile number?

No, you can have two separate phone numbers on one account, i.e. one person who pays the bills for the two different numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

D13exile wrote: »
    Ported my son and daughter's phones over and GoMo mixed up their numbers so she has his number and vice versa. GoMo were next to impossible to get through to and only when I threatened to go to Comreg, did I eventually get a response. Then they said I fcuked up the porting process, which I know I didn't. They said they'd resolve it in 2-3 days and that was two weeks ago and no joy yet.

Advise your son and daughter to swap their SIM cards with each other maybe?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Bubblypop, All the required information is on their website.

Oh I tried honestly, I couldn't find anywhere where it says about including international mins, I found where the rates are not out of bundles though.
    I'm going to try again now

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Keano wrote: »
    I moved back to VF from them and had it all working inside a few hours.

Same here - nearly. Initiated port back to VF on a Friday and it was completed following Monday morning. Nice to be able to have good data reception on Dart again.

• Advertisement

Sin only service excludes calls & texts to international, premium rate and other non geographical numbers.

So no gomo for my mother then!

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Advise your son and daughter to swap their SIM cards with each other maybe?

That's what I did in the end but it shouldn't have been necessary. I suppose I should be thankful that some random stranger didn't get one of their numbers, which a GoMo rep told me did happen. I know they were probably snowed under for what is a great deal but as is typical of "business" in this country, they just didn't have their customer service up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

That's what I did in the end but it shouldn't have been necessary. I suppose I should be thankful that some random stranger didn't get one of their numbers, which a GoMo rep told me did happen. I know they were probably snowed under for what is a great deal but as is typical of "business" in this country, they just didn't have their customer service up to speed.

"Business" in any country can be the same - it's not JUST an Irish or GoMo thing.........

kippy wrote: »
    "Business" in any country can be the same - it's not JUST an Irish or GoMo thing.........

Au contraire.....In the countries where I've lived abroad, customer service is far superior to what passes for it here. Even ordering online from here, I find customer service better in foreign stores than bricks and mortar shops in Ireland. My only gripe is with the delivery companies who send you a "you weren't home when we tried to deliver your package" message when I was bloody home but they just couldn't be ar$ed attempting delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Au contraire.....In the countries where I've lived abroad, customer service is far superior to what passes for it here. Even ordering online from here, I find customer service better in foreign stores than bricks and mortar shops in Ireland. My only gripe is with the delivery companies who send you a "you weren't home when we tried to deliver your package" message when I was bloody home but they just couldn't be ar$ed attempting delivery.

What countries? What companies?

US, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore.

As for Companies, the list of ones with good customer service is long (Richersounds, Screwfix, Amazon, etc) but short on "Irish" companies. Anyone who thinks that customer service is a priority for Irish companies is living in cloud cuckoo land. Just two examples from this morning..........:
    1. 30 minutes waiting to get through to Vodafone about my so called gigabit broadband thats currently only 10mbs. They tell me to turn the router off/on (as if that hadn't occured to me). When that didn't work, they say there's a "problem" in my area and they don't know when it will be fixed. When I had a similar issue in Hong Kong, when the issue couldn't be resolved over the phone, a technician was at my apartment at 8am the following morning, just when they said he would be there.

2. Have taken three mornings off work waiting for a roofer to come and fix my roof leak but no sign of him. He then fails to answer his phone. When I had a water leak in my rented house in Berlin, the landlord had a plumber out within an hour to fix it.

I could go on but this is gone off topic. You might disagree but that's your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to.

• D13exile wrote: »
    You might disagree but that's your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to.

I shall take a large, reputable study done that suggests our customer service quality actually ranks fairly highly compared to the global average, over the personal experiences of one person. Also, your two examples are very much comparing apples and oranges:

1) If there was indeed a general problem in your area, having a technician arrive at your particular house the next day wouldn't fix it. You have therefore chosen to assume that the person was lying, otherwise there would be no point in comparing it to your Hong Kong example. There can often be general broadband-related issues that affect a whole area, be it in Ireland or Hong Kong, but it doesn't mean you should take the "I remember I had something wrong with my broadband in Hong Kong and it was fixed the next day, I shall assume that this is a similar problem in Ireland that could have also been fixed the next day and not consider it may be different issue that could not be fixed by a technician visiting my house" line.

2) Those two situations couldn't be more dissimilar. You are comparing the customer service of a roofer that you personally chose to that of a plumber that your landlord chose. My advice? Spend more time picking a roofer that has a good reputation, as I'm sure your landlord did with his plumber.

But yes, back to the bargains! :)

how long does it take for the sim card to be sent out usually from people's experience?

• glasso wrote: »
    how long does it take for the sim card to be sent out usually from people's experience?

Took me exactly a week but if I recall for some people it took a few days and for others it took a few weeks to never arriving at all. I think they say when you order to expect it to take up to 10 working days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

glasso wrote: »

Initially, 2-3 days but they moved that to 10 days due to the masses signing up.

I think it's pretty quick again though as things have leveled out.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Took me exactly a week but if I recall for some people it took a few days and for others it took a few weeks to never arriving at all. I think they say when you order to expect it to take up to 10 working days. :)

does the service start from when you first use the sim then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

does the service start from when you first use the sim then?

No, it's from signup

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

No, it's from signup

I know that they charge you the 9.99 signup charge straight away but how can they start to charge / count usage for first month when you don't even have the sim?

• glasso wrote: »
    I know that they charge you the 9.99 signup charge straight away but how can they start to charge / count usage for first month when you don't even have the sim?

I believe you're charged 9.99 upon signing up, and that includes your service for the rest of that month. You're then charged 9.99 (plus any additional charges) on the 1st of every month from then on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ordered on Friday for my mam, it was delivered on the Tuesday.
    Ported over in 5 mins on the Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Would you be operating from the same mobile number?

Nope. 2 seperate numbers. They're just billed together @ €9.99 each

Multi-line account it's called. More common in businesses where they might have a lot of staff with company handsets.

It's certainly a nice feature to have on the consumer side though as you can have your partner, kids, whoever on the same account thus only 1 bill per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PCDub

Working fine so far, only thing I've noticed I'd updating apps from play store is painfully slow, hardly throttled?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Romero

Interested in signing up for my two teenage daughters who currently have payg Sims with 3 in their own names any issue with me porting their numbers in under a gomo account that I'm going to pay the monthly bill for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Romero wrote: »
    Interested in signing up for my two teenage daughters who currently have payg Sims with 3 in their own names any issue with me porting their numbers in under a gomo account that I'm going to pay the monthly bill for?

Shouldn't be a problem but you can only have 2 SIMs on each account if you were planning on joining as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Sounds suspiciously more like you received the two Sims and gave the daughter the sons sim and vice versa. Or perhaps mixed up the numbers when entering the porting details..

I mean that's more likely a scenario than a doggie computer system deciding to swap siblings phone numbers...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement