Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OldGoat wrote: »
    HighWire tassles :eek:.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    and it all went tits up

BWAHAHAHAhaahhahahahhhahahaha

There might still be tickets available
    http://www.tickets.ie/secure/booking1.aspx?event=PKKYF

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hahahah. I do love when it all (sort of) works out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Uniqlo are about to roll in the monies.
    UNIQLO +J Spring/Summer 2010 Collection launches in the UK on 7 January 2010 and FAQ's

UNIQLO is happy to announce the +J collection, created together with fashion designer Ms. Jil Sander, debuted with amazing success in October 2009. The +J concept of pure tailoring, avant-garde textiles and truly modern silhouettes delighted many customers. After the success of the Fall/Winter 2009 season, we are now able to disclose the UK launch date for the first round of the UNIQLO +J Spring/Summer 2010 collection.

Launch Date: Thursday 7 January 2010
    Launch Stores: 311 Oxford Street, 170 Oxford Street, Westfield London, 54-58 Kensington High Street and online at www.uniqlo.com

Uniqlo really have their eye on the ball. Tempted to pop over to Britland for a day (morning flight, night flight home) and just hit up Uniqlo again. Fantastic shop, and very affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Uniqlo are about to roll in the monies.

Uniqlo really have their eye on the ball. Tempted to pop over to Britland for a day (morning flight, night flight home) and just hit up Uniqlo again. Fantastic shop, and very affordable.

Don't go for launch day, I went for the Fall rollout and it was a wee nightmare. One piece of a certain item per person and they almost wouldn't sell me a mans blazer 'cos I wasn't a man...!!!

• Advertisement

My feet are Frizzen cold!:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My feet are Frizzen cold!:mad:

Holy moly me too! I was wearing Doc Martens and all today! No heating on in the bloomin' college library.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Twee my college was the exact opposite. Clinics and lecture theatres were freezing but the library was lovely and cosy!

fonpokno wrote: »
    Twee my college was the exact opposite. Clinics and lecture theatres were freezing but the library was lovely and cosy!

Not fair! The whole place was an ice block! I wore my hat in class. But since this is the fashion forum I'll let you all know it's an awesome hat :D

Finally going into BT tomorrow go I can get the tag removed that they left on my new Marc Jacobs tote! Feckers teasing me, can't use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Flying to London on the 2nd of Feb. just to go to Uniqlo. I has problem*

*Well, maybe not- it did cost a tenner. Over at 7.30am and back in Dublin by 11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I have discovered an amazing bagel (and to make it slightly relevant, I discovered it while sale shopping)

Cream chese, salmon, lettuce and sweet peppers. Try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That's gas ye were all freezing..I have an 8000 word portfolio due tomorrow so decided I would go to the college on Saturday...barely last two hours it was SUPER FREEZING so headed back home again. My hands were actually blue! Back up there tomorrow again but I turned the rads up to full blast so hopefully the room will be toasty in the morn once the heat comes on!

You should get the hand warmers they sell in Aldi/Lidl! They had them on special last week in whichever one, they're brilliant.

Snap the little metal plate and they stay lovely and warm for about 3 hours and then just stick them in a pot of boiling water and you can use them again. Like a million times! Amaaaaaazing.

I use those handwarmers when I play golf during the winter. I also wear tights - but thats another story. :o

I think I'll be boiling myself up some for tomorrow.

Two hours to get home today but thank god I was in the car. Managed to get the luas out to where my dad works but it's still took 2 hours to make a usually 10 minute trip. Horrifying. I'll be needing heat on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I use those handwarmers when I play golf during the winter. I also wear tights - but thats another story. :o

TIGHTS?

Oooh la la! :D

I'm a man of many layers. :cool:

I'm a man of many layers. :cool:

Like an onion :)

I'm watching Sex and The City now.
    Who do you all think is the best dressed out of all the ladies?
    I'm going to say Samantha.
    I like her use of bright colour ... Don't think I'd ever be that brave myself!

I watched half an episode of Sex and the city in it's first season. There was no sex. I've not watched it since.
    /Shakes fist at misleading program title - Grrrrrrrrr

If I were to name a program that I clothes watch it has to be MadMen.

You know when we see shows from the 90's, and cringe at what they're wearing... S&TC is going to be like that in 15 years...

How did your mate get on with his suit on NYE?

Also, OldGoat, back in Dub tomorrow, shout if you want to grab that coffee :)

• Advertisement

Not sure about tomorrow for coffee. My mum is in hospital and visiting her a couple of times a day is putting a real crimp in any freetime. And I STILL need to get to the shos to buy vital supplies like chocolate and stuff.
    I'll text ya if I can grab a couple of hours. It would be good. :)

No probs at all, hope your mum is on the mend :(

Am around most of the day, so feel free to give me a shout if you're up for it at all!

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You know when we see shows from the 90's, and cringe at what they're wearing... S&TC is going to be like that in 15 years...

Oh, definitely. Carrie wears some clothes that are truly awful and they're meant to be modern and on-trend!
    Not sure about tomorrow for coffee. My mum is in hospital and visiting her a couple of times a day is putting a real crimp in any freetime.

How is she doing?

Such a shame that it happened at Christmas, everything seemed to go wrong this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I really, really hate snow.

I quite like it. But I'm sitting beside a fire, relaxing at the moment :)

My old man had a misadventure on the road last night. Two new panels for the car please. He's not best pleased - I think it's the first time he's had to go to the insurance company :-/

That's my problem with it too! Makes driving such a nightmare! I haven't crashed though so yay... It's probably only a matter of time though :pac:

I have to admit, it does look really pretty outside. Snow on all the branches of the trees etc.

Waterford only got it's first bit of snow yesterday, so it's not too hectic. I'm back in Dublin tomorrow though, looking forward to getting a few snaps :)

Liffey Valley is closing early! I don't have to go to work now, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

What are the current 3 must have fashion trends of the season?

erm i don't know :(

• Advertisement

Ilac Centre closed early too :)

Advertisement