Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easter Egg Deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

5 for 5 in Tesco valid from tomorrow (13/3/2020) until 17/3/2020

link, if it works

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00005682&icid=TBH_Tab4_Easter_Buylist_Easter_Medium_eggs

Yeah I think it's the Friday before paddy's day each year.

However going by reports, they will be the only item left in stock.

Manic out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

still 3 for 5 in Artane Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

SuperValu currently 4 for €4 … .. .

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tesco

12 Cadbury Creme And Caramel Chocolate Eggs 474G
    €4.00

that is 6 of each, so 33.3cent each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

slave1 wrote: »
    Same in my local Centra..

rubadub wrote: »
    tesco

12 Cadbury Creme And Caramel Chocolate Eggs 474G
    €4.00

that is 6 of each, so 33.3cent each

Wish they did a box of 12 caramel eggs I don’t like Creme eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

5 for 5 this morning in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Be careful in Centra's for those eggs..

.. my local Centra is selling eggs at 4 for €4 but then another one locally (an award winning Centra nonetheless) are selling the same range at 3 for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone know if this is still going?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

99c per boxed egg in Aldi earlier, loads of their other ones too (some copies of the expensive M&S ones too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Anyone know if this is still going?

My local Supervalu had 4 for €4 this morning - not sure how long offer lasts though.

Are they still €1 each in dunnes I’m doing a food shop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Are they still €1 each in dunnes I’m doing a food shop tomorrow.

Yep, well they were this morning anyway!

thebiglad wrote: »
    My local Supervalu had 4 for €4 this morning - not sure how long offer lasts though.

Mine didn’t, that offer was over

supervalu still shows 4 for 4 online

says Valid: Apr 1st - Apr 3rd
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/search/allaisles?q=easter%20egg#in-offer-1225664

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Basq wrote: »
    Be careful in Centra's for those eggs..

.. my local Centra is selling eggs at 4 for €4 but then another one locally (an award winning Centra nonetheless) are selling the same range at 3 for €5.

You could end up with egg on your face if you're not careful

supervalu still shows 4 for 4 online

says Valid: Apr 1st - Apr 3rd
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/search/allaisles?q=easter%20egg#in-offer-1225664

My local Supervalu often ignore these offers, over just there now for milk and offer on eggs not running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

My local Supervalu often ignore these offers, over just there now for milk and offer on eggs not running

Just got my online shop and got 4 for 4 in it. They had greater selection than the 2 shown on website.

I'd be on facebook calling them out on the official supervalu page (not their own page). No need to do it in a harsh manner, just "do ALL supervalus have this offer, as my local one does not and claims not to have heard about it"

My local supervalu often has offers that are not on the main site, they seem to be a fairly loose franchise, however I would have thought if the official site is saying an offer is on then the franchisees have to honour it. They might be pleading ignorance but the head office could give them a boot up the hole.

• Advertisement

All the Cadbury’s eggs for €1 was gone only nestle left but I don’t like nestle chocolate, went to Tesco ended up getting 5 for €5. I only wanted one chocolate egg but now I have 5 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lidl have their Easter range at half price. Picked up their large deluxe eggs for €3.99 each, chocolate bunnies for 59c etc etc.

mars & smarties are the only ones showing as available on tesco for me for the 5 for 5 on tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32845655

I imagine they are selling far less as the smaller eggs are usually given to kids by uncles/aunties or friends of the family who will not be visiting. I don't think this 5/5 deal went on this long continually in previous years, seemed to go back to 3 for 5, and then maybe 5 for 5 again.

I heard of grannies in post offices posting them. In previous years, before this current situtation, I was saying a smart thing supermarkets could do would be have vouchers that could be sent in the post or online, so nowadays parents could get the eggs for the kids on behalf of that person.

Supervalu have small Cadbury eggs 4 for €4

A wholesaler selling to the public has them for less than a euro - you need to click and collect and spend over €30 though.

Great deal on boxes of 48 creme eggs too.

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/food-drink/confectionery/easter.html

I am pretty sure VAT has to be added to the 48 8.99 price, so its 11.06.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Ye should call the cops

Ye should call the cops
    I was suggesting facebook, but yes you could go the legal route and they should likely get a slap on the wrist and probably be forced by head office to do the offers, history on the site shows other companies have got pulled up for similar offences.

https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/

I am pretty sure VAT has to be added to the 48 8.99 price, so its 11.06.

Nope, ordered some during the week and was only charged €8.99 - delicious they are too!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Was in my local euro giant today and they had the large Galaxy eggs (the ones that come with 3 bars and are usually €8) for €3..and they had a selection of eggs, (the ones that are usually 2 for €8) for €2 each. Cheapest I've ever seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Has anyone seen the large Kinder eggs on offer? Or even in stock anywhere?

Advertisement