Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oven bulb keeps blowing

Options
  • 10-04-2021 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Anyone know why my Neff oven bulb keeps blowing? I just bougt a new one yesterday and when I opened it that evening to use it, it went. I didn't even use the oven all day. It's the 3rd bulb this year! Normally I get a month or 2.

The bulb is a G9 Oven 40w Bulb, similar to one below. I'm just not sure if it's the oven that's causing a surge and blowing the bulb!

2982843_543x408.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Barney224 wrote: »
    Anyone know why my Neff oven bulb keeps blowing? I just bougt a new one yesterday and when I opened it that evening to use it, it went. I didn't even use the oven all day. It's the 3rd bulb this year! Normally I get a month or 2.

The bulb is a G9 Oven 40w Bulb, similar to one below. I'm just not sure if it's the oven that's causing a surge and blowing the bulb!

2982843_543x408.jpg

By any chance do you handle it bare handed? the oils on your skin reduce the life of halogen bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

zega wrote: »
    By any chance do you handle it bare handed? the oils on your skin reduce the life of halogen bulbs

No, I was using a paper towel to hold the bulb while I inserted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is it the same wattage as the original one? I found there was 2 different wattage of the bulb type I needed (screw in) available for my Neff oven.

Wheety wrote: »
    Is it the same wattage as the original one? I found there was 2 different wattage of the bulb type I needed (screw in) available for my Neff oven.

Yes, it's the 40W bulb. Same as original and recommended to use in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems odd that you're replacing them so frequently at all. You should get a few years out of a bulb, not a few months.

Has it been like this since you got the oven? Are you using decent bulbs or are you buying cheap ones in bulk online or from Dealz?

If they're good quality bulbs and they're going regularly then it sounds like a fault with the appliance.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Seems odd that you're replacing them so frequently at all. You should get a few years out of a bulb, not a few months.

Has it been like this since you got the oven? Are you using decent bulbs or are you buying cheap ones in bulk online or from Dealz?

If they're good quality bulbs and they're going regularly then it sounds like a fault with the appliance.

It only just started happening early last year. Before that I had it a couple of years with the same bulb that came with it. I'm using decent bulbs as they're hard to get so have to source them.

Advertisement