Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mubi 15 months for free!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

There is a lot of stuff that looks like its on Mubi but is unavailable. E.g. 2001 a space odessey. Maybe over 15 months it rotates.

What do you want for nothin I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There is a lot of stuff that looks like its on Mubi but is unavailable. E.g. 2001 a space odessey. Maybe over 15 months it rotates.

What do you want for nothin I suppose
    The stuff changes a lot but it tends to have a few gems at a time and as you say 15 months for 0 euro is a good deal :)
    Film of the day is spot to browse in usually

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A lot of faffing around getting it to work but it did eventually.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

A lot of faffing around getting it to work but it did eventually.

:)

Same, but eventually worked. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Worked for me ,Got 12 months, happy with that, thanks Poster.

you have a one-time VIP subscription that will end on March 01, 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thanks, got it working. Don't forget to set yourselves a reminder to cancel next May.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Deadly, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Thanks OP, great spot.

I went into Paypal and cancelled the payment method, so should be a roundabout way of ensuring it doesn't renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Excellent stuff OP. I had just got a month free a couple of weeks ago on a referral from someone else. I had to cancel the sub and lose the remainder of the free month before I got the Scrbed offer code to apply,but obviously works out better. I guessed to get the full 15 months free you'd have to start with a new account,but I'm delighted with 12. Just don't forget to cancel the Scrbed sub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Did you lads get a code to redeem Mubi from Scrib?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Do they have new movies 2021 on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

mad m wrote: »
    Did you lads get a code to redeem Mubi from Scrib?

Got it had to log out of Mubi

Next charge for sub is May 30 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 11 YourFog

Cheers OP!

Once people get to this step
    "3. Then use the link scribd.com/acc…les and select the option 'Get Mubi For Free'"

You will find the code at the end of the URL in the search bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

I think I'll pass as the movies don't seem like anything I would watch. I'd probably forget to cancel and get charged.
    Anyway I think I have enough with what I have

Netflix
    Prime Video
    Disney+
    hulu
    Paramount+ (CBS ALL ACCESS)
    HBO Max
    Peacock
    Showtime
    NBC
    The CW
    Crackle
    Filmrise
    Hoopla
    Kanopy
    Roku channel (original Batman and Robin Saturday morning memories)
    Tubi
    Pluto TV
    My 5
    UKTV Play
    Discovery+ India
    S Sports+
    All other UK TV Apps
    Plex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks OP. Question - I see you have to wait until close to the 15 months to cancel Mubi (if you want to).

Can you cancel the Scribd right now - presume that has no impact on the Mubi account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Thanks OP. Question - I see you have to wait until close to the 15 months to cancel Mubi (if you want to).

Can you cancel the Scribd right now - presume that has no impact on the Mubi account?

Yes, cance Scribd now, they say they'll remind you before 1st payment but they didn't for me previously and I had to chase them for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Another great spot on bargain alerts. Some great movies there, I'm pretty fond of the foreign movies myself and some great directors included. Thanks op.

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭jackryan34

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Another great spot on bargain alerts. Some great movies there, I'm pretty fond of the foreign movies myself and some great directors included. Thanks op.

Where do you see a list of what they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Very interesting range of movies but it won't appeal to everyone. I've found it difficult to get the great dictator anywhere.
    I got the 15 months. I did the three months first (and activated) and then the 12 months. Worse case scenario, I forget to cancel and pay the tenner. Some class movies that I've been trying to watch for ages.

Are things not on demand? I thought the catalogue was available at all times?

• Advertisement

jackryan34 wrote: »
    Where do you see a list of what they have?

I just scrolled through the menu on the firestick and then when I changed the vpn to a US city I got more selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

TheDriver wrote: »
    Very interesting range of movies but it won't appeal to everyone. I've found it difficult to get the great dictator anywhere.
    I got the 15 months. I did the three months first (and activated) and then the 12 months. Worse case scenario, I forget to cancel and pay the tenner. Some class movies that I've been trying to watch for ages.

Are things not on demand? I thought the catalogue was available at all times?

You can watch The Great Dictator with a Mexico vpn :)

camz09 wrote: »
    You can watch The Great Dictator with a Mexico vpn :)

Legend.i was expecting a more Netflix experience tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

bromley52 wrote: »
    I think I'll pass as the movies don't seem like anything I would watch. I'd probably forget to cancel and get charged.
    Anyway I think I have enough with what I have

Netflix
    Prime Video
    Disney+
    hulu
    Paramount+ (CBS ALL ACCESS)
    HBO Max
    Peacock
    Showtime
    NBC
    The CW
    Crackle
    Filmrise
    Hoopla
    Kanopy
    Roku channel (original Batman and Robin Saturday morning memories)
    Tubi
    Pluto TV
    My 5
    UKTV Play
    Discovery+ India
    S Sports+
    All other UK TV Apps
    Plex

Id love a price breakdown.Probably less than S*Y. I tried Curve, Rev and CU Debit card with Discovery+ India to no avail.

Just FYI- MUBI is always free for art/film students signing up with a University account.

kaerobe wrote: »
    Id love a price breakdown.Probably less than S*Y. I tried Curve, Rev and CU Debit card with Discovery+ India to no avail.

Just FYI- MUBI is always free for art/film students signing up with a University account.

On average I'm paying €18/month in total for all.

Don't mind me asking but how did you set up Discovery + India. I managed to get the app on my phone by setting up an Playstore India account but cannot get it on the TV apart from Chromecast, which doesn't bother me, however it will not take Revolut or MasterCard Zen?

Would u mind detailing how to get a deal on each one except ones that already have threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I got three months but the link to redeem the code didn’t work. Had to Google Scribld Mubi and code to get the redeem page. All signed up now until the end of May 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭PreCocious

I'm already a Mubi subscriber and can confirm that this stacked on my exisiting sub.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Would u mind detailing how to get a deal on each one except ones that already have threads?

Well HBO Max is the easiest and has some excellent shows and movies. As usual VPN/ Smart DNS required to watch.

Subscribe via the US play store with a linked Revolut card using US address. Divide the cost between 2 others. Works out at about €4.20/month each.

Advertisement