Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Gareth: Tues 12 /Weds 13 March 2019 (Orange Warning for NW)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Squall line passing over Donegal Town right now. Seriously heavy rain. Wind has been howling for hours.

This could actually be a noticeable storm.... even in Donegal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ICON 15Z complete now, not much if any deviation from the previous run, long duration of strong winds.

anim_ehn9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Calm enough in Antrim at the moment. Only a drizzle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rain a bit heavier here near Tralee now. Still over 11C

Netweather

hIM93Xj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hope this squall isn't as bad as the one we had on Sunday at around 12.45pm, it took out the power and it took near 6 hours to restore it.
    The ESB have a busy period...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

while winds forecast are not exceptionally bad in the context of the west/nortwest,i think Gareths longevity will probably be responsible for its potentially severest impacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Gusts still strong here in Cork City. Airport reporting 91km/h and roches point at 93km/h according to latest MET Reports

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Very strong wind here in west Dublin. Some really powerful gusts. Around midnight could be interesting if the possible squall line materialises.

The chart for earlier but illustrative of the cold front approaching now.

jCXBJRM.png?1

79LEyYe.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Very strong gusts here in Dublin 10. Thanks to this thread I did a bit of preemptive weighing down of a few bits that like to take flight. Bins are outz but thankfully black bin so nice and heavy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

antodeco wrote: »
    Very strong gusts here in Dublin 10. Thanks to this thread I did a bit of preemptive weighing down of a few bits that like to take flight. Bins are outz but thankfully black bin so nice and heavy!

Contains traces of nuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Electricity gone here since about 9pm. It’s onky now as people go to bed I’m getting enough signal to catch up! It’s tried to come back four rimes now with no success. I want to murder the house alarm beeping box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fairly mild evening here in Wexico.... 17 degrees.

Having a BBQ.

Realistically a kettle bbq would be 2 miles up the road at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Electricity gone here since about 9pm. It’s onky now as people go to bed I’m getting enough signal to catch up! It’s tried to come back four rimes now with no success. I want to murder the house alarm beeping box

type your code in,will stop the fault beep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is this the storm or just the scrambled egg and bread roll starter? Cos it's feeling rather stormy out there!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That squall line really is a thing of beauty!

475246.jpg

Is this the storm or just the scrambled egg and bread roll starter? Cos it's feeling rather stormy out there!

Outskirts of the storm. The wind warnings don't kick in till tomorrow 12pm! Yellow criteria has just about been broken down here but it was borderline. gusts are causing the house to creak quite a bit here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rainy and windy in Sligo

Nothing too bad yet

But weve just gone over 100mm of rain for the month of march so far

Think 260mm is the wettest March natinally on record but Im no statistician

Gone eerily quiet here in Tralee , Temp dropped 2.5C to 8.9C

Nice structure to what appears to be a squall line crossing the country.

OZRf1HP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Just enter your normal disarming code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

antodeco wrote: »
    That squall line really is a thing of beauty!

in reality it's a very weak thin squall line, just passed through here and apart from 10 minutes of heavy rain it was missable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gone eerily quiet here in Tralee , Temp dropped 2.5C to 8.9C

Nice structure to what appears to be a squall line crossing the country.

OZRf1HP.png
    It's blowing a gale outside my house if you want to pop over the road ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Squall lines typically gain strength as they cross the country. Expecting it to pack a punch as it moves further East.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

typhoony wrote: »
    in reality it's a very weak thin squall line, just passed through here and apart from 10 minutes of heavy rain it was missable.

Agreed
    Even the rain wasn’t as happy as it looked on the radar thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm a bit taken aback by the sustained winds here in Lucan tonight. A window was broken by flying debris and a small tree is down. The noise is ferocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Blimey the wind is unbelievable in Sandyford Dublin 18. Both dogs (big and little) begged to go out and literally ran from the door when I opened it. It’s mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Squall lines typically gain strength as they cross the country. Expecting it to pack a punch as it moves further East.

Well if it gets any worse than what we've had this past 15 mins in South Roscommon, then some places further east will be at risk of spot flooding from this.
    No rain guage here but that was some seriously, seriously heavy rain!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Pretty rough in Dublin 16 too. Wind is really howling.

Dublin airport reporting gusts of 32kts, casement at 48kts Cork airport at 45kts and Roche's Point at 48kts. Stormy conditions out there tonight. Neighbours fence has blown down and can hear a lot of things blowing around outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Pouring rain all afternoon and evening in Letterkenny and wind steadily increasing with some strong gusts, will be stuck in the office all day tomorrow so doubt I'll see much but if tonight is anything to go by then tomorrow should be fairly rough

Advertisement