Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Qrt wrote: »
    The 270?? Single deckers?? I was once waiting for a bus into town from Blanch SC and I’m pretty sure the 270 beside me was a double decker with standing room only...

270 will be grand with single-deckers once it's no longer a once per hour service with a tendency to have every other service not running due to DB "operational issues".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,983 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TheChrisD wrote: »
    270 will be grand with single-deckers once it's no longer a once per hour service with a tendency to have every other service not running due to DB "operational issues".

that's assuming go ahead won't have "operational issues" either, which can happen with any bus company from time to time unfortunately.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SG317

Tbh, it looks like the reason route 102 was chosen to be single decker operated was to reduce fuel costs from dead running the route has to do between Dublin Airport and Ballymount. In fact all the routes furthest out from Ballymount are single decker operated, routes 33A/B, 102, 184 and 185. Yes most of these routes are fine with single deckers, routes like the 102 and 184 were not the most suitable. Routes like the 63, 114 and 161 are a lot more suitable. However they will all be Double Decker operated, the 63 and 114 seemingly only because they are interworked with the DL routes and 17 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

SG317 wrote: »
    Tbh, it looks like the reason route 102 was chosen to be single decker operated was to reduce fuel costs from dead running the route has to do between Dublin Airport and Ballymount. In fact all the routes furthest out from Ballymount are single decker operated, routes 33A/B, 102, 184 and 185. Yes most of these routes are fine with single deckers, routes like the 102 and 184 were not the most suitable. Routes like the 63, 114 and 161 are a lot more suitable. However they will all be Double Decker operated, the 63 and 114 seemingly only because they are interworked with the DL routes and 17 respectively.

That 161 would be better running all day and dropping the 61. Could be more frequent and the luas on into town would be quicker. It could be more frequent than the ridiculous 61 times. (After the 90 minute transfer is sorted)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

So was the 145.

On the ticket machine data it could well be that drivers weren't hitting welfare pass button, kids getting on with bus eireann travel cards and believe me when I say many are traveling with these and haven't paid for the db or GA travel option.
    Other issues are welfare pass holders not scanning their cards, some deliberately breaking them so they don't read, leap card users not paying but pretend to scan and the many school kids that do this also and just pile on.

There is so many things that can throw the data off somewhat.

This is where the NTA needs more revenue enforcement not PT staff that rarely venture more than 5km from the depot.
    Breaking the pass should = confiscation. If it can't read it's not valid, I know they give some leeway with older people not tagging them etc but if its a case of its smashed the thing should be taken by a revenue inspector and them told to get a new one. At the very least they should be calling the DSP number on the back to verify eligibility.

The free travel passes are a discrepancy. Old people, people with disabilities and companions of people with disabilities frequently wave their pass at the driver and he or she effectively doesnt register them. The drivers often wave them on. The Go Ahead drivers mostly dont know how to register companion passes.

I've seen drivers say to tag it but most don't bother because it slows things down, you STILL (STILL!) get people waving it hysterically in front of the bulls eye instead of just placing it against it, then there is 10-15 seconds of confused frustration and beeping while everyone else waits in the cold, so many of the drivers just wave them on.
    There needs to be a poster campaign on the buses or leaflets about how to tag properly and telling FT users why it's important they tag (eligibility, usage data etc).

Drivers have a button on the machine to log DSP passes

They do but many don't use it, and that button won't tell you if the pass is valid. The card could have had it's eligibility expire a year ago and the driver would never know unless it touches the machine.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I still see some OAPs getting with the old paper passes they should be done away with look very easy to forge. Also why do some OAPs still show their PSC pass to the driver when they board and then scan it, I don't show my Leap card to driver every time I use the right hand validator.

The changeover is complete in 2019 so those will soon be expired they'll have to get a new one. Nearly all of them have been sent letters to get the new card.

Some are resisting under the ridiculous notion that somehow the card has privacy implications, not to mention the other hysterical concerns:

"MY PPS NUMBER IS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ...yes it's on your existing card, and your existing DSP card too...

"BUT IT'S A NATIONAL ID CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ....so? Wouldn't the only problem with such a card be cops randomly stopping you in the street demanding ID without cause? Which they can do now anyway? (if they have a reasonable suspicion you're up to something). Also slowing things down is the stupid rule that you need a passport or driver license to get the PSC ...but a small minority have neither, so they have to order the passport first. OAPs don't get a free passport anymore so they have to collect the funds slowly or don't have it. Why they can't just use the same verification process they use when getting you the passport I don't know.

Some break them on purpose as they have been blocked.

Some break in pockets and the chip does pop out at the rear from just abuse.

They are a very poor standard of card and the actual LEAP card is much more robust.

What some do is break one and give it to their mate or other family member the one that works and then just say they scanned their leap card if checked.

Loads are now using child leap cards also.

The whole thing of over 1k buses and a team of 4 to check where they travel by car and only 3 actually check tickets, passes etc.

What an absolute joke

I must call BS on this one. This scam would fall apart in half a second if anyone just checked the photo.

I'm amazed by this, always. The very same people banging on at the pub about abuse of welfare will say "not my problem" when called to do a basic part of their job in confiscating a faulty or fraudulent pass, what you mean is "im too lazy/could not be arsed/don't want the hassle".

People like this need to have the rules enforced against them, not only are they defrauding taxpayers (that would include you and me) but they are also contributing to dangerous stereotypes about those of us why genuinely used FT.

AlekSmart wrote: »

What makes the Irish Public Transport situation so unique is the existance of the Free Travel Scheme and it's broad scope,whereby c.30% of the entire Adult population is entitled to travel Free of Charge.

Over the decades,this,and the State's ownership of the entire PT system,led to a culture of simply waving through,and non concern about the economics of providing the service.

Those travelling in the UK or indeed Northern Ireland,would always have encountered a somewhat more robust methodology of Fare Collection and Ticket Checking.

Although,in the current UK Public Bus Service market,the universal Free Travel Scheme and it's lack of funding is leading to significant cuts and the demise of many long established Public Bus Services across the UK.

You reap as you shall sow,in a manner of speaking ?

It's not at all unique, nearly every developed country has some version of FT. In fact the UK gives discount rates to students and the armed forces we don't get. In NI there is an over 60s version of the pass.

The economics of the service has been looked into several times, most recently in a report in October 2014. It concluded there were several options for controlling the costs but most of them were politically toxic or would have knock on effects that would harm users (such as eliminating companion passes) so the only solution was better central exchequer funding. This was given, and the programs perfectly solvent, indeed it's the cheapest welfare program Ireland has (Pensions are the most expensive well into the billions). It's 1% of the budget. It's peanuts. So many people have a pass for simple demographic reasons: we have that many older people. Only about 100,000 are disability the vast majority are seniors.

There is no reason for cuts to the NTA budget because of FT since FT does not come out of the NTA budget, but the DSP budget. There is significant evidence from studies of programs like this in other countries that they are a net gain to the budget from what they save in healthcare costs over the long term.

When most people don't get something free and a minority do it's always popular to bash that thing though, which is one of the reasons most social scientists hate selective programs and prefer NHS style universal models, because it means there is no stigma or resentment. But the Irish think means testing fixes everything so until recently resistance to this has been strong here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

salmocab wrote: »
    That 161 would be better running all day and dropping the 61. Could be more frequent and the luas on into town would be quicker. It could be more frequent than the ridiculous 61 times. (After the 90 minute transfer is sorted)

The 44 and the 61 are interworked to create a half hourly frequency between Dundrum and the cc as some the areas around Milltown are a bit away from the Luas as older people use this bus as they can't walk to the luas which so it doesn't really justify high frequency buses. Also Rockbrook doesn't justify anymore than a few buses a day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SG317 wrote: »

the 102 being operated by single deckers is a disgrace. More under preparation and a lack of experience.

XPS_Zero wrote: »
    This is where the NTA needs more revenue enforcement not PT staff that rarely venture more than 5km from the depot.
    Breaking the pass should = confiscation. If it can't read it's not valid, I know they give some leeway with older people not tagging them etc but if its a case of its smashed the thing should be taken by a revenue inspector and them told to get a new one. At the very least they should be calling the DSP number on the back to verify eligibility.

How could be proven that it was broken on purpose and not by accident. I have a PSC myself without the free travel and it's a very flimsy piece of plastic compared to my driving licence, credit cards and leap card. So I'd say if your using it regularly it could break fairly easily.
    I'm amazed by this, always. The very same people banging on at the pub about abuse of welfare will say "not my problem" when called to do a basic part of their job in confiscating a faulty or fraudulent pass, what you mean is "im too lazy/could not be arsed/don't want the hassle".

People like this need to have the rules enforced against them, not only are they defrauding taxpayers (that would include you and me) but they are also contributing to dangerous stereotypes about those of us why genuinely used FT.

I would agree with your sentiment these people are scamming the system and they shouldn't be getting away with it. But it's wrong to put the onus on the poor bus driver who just wants to get about doing his/her shift without the hassle of getting verbally or physically abused for doing the right thing.

It's not laziness to not want to be attacked and in completely ridiculous the scum with the fraudulent pass might chance their arm at complaining or worse still trying to make claims against the company this is the same country where someone successfully sued for after falling off the luas and she climbed onto the outside of.

It's not at all unique, nearly every developed country has some version of FT. In fact the UK gives discount rates to students and the armed forces we don't get. In NI there is an over 60s version of the pass.

The economics of the service has been looked into several times, most recently in a report in October 2014. It concluded there were several options for controlling the costs but most of them were politically toxic or would have knock on effects that would harm users (such as eliminating companion passes) so the only solution was better central exchequer funding. This was given, and the programs perfectly solvent, indeed it's the cheapest welfare program Ireland has (Pensions are the most expensive well into the billions). It's 1% of the budget. It's peanuts. So many people have a pass for simple demographic reasons: we have that many older people. Only about 100,000 are disability the vast majority are seniors.

True but most have a free travel system which is only valid on public transport in the city where the person is resident. What is unique about our FTP is system is it is valid on all public transport within the state. For example someone with a London issued FTP can't use it to go to Manchester on the train only on London buses, tube, DLR and overground pretty much wherever oyster is valid. I would say FTP should only be valid in the short hop zone if issued in Dublin or if issued in Cork only valid within County Cork and so on. Basically only within say 100km radius of a persons house.

Outside of that I think it should entitle the holder to a concessionary rate on intercity trains. I think there lacks distinction in Ireland between long and short distance travel where a short run down to shops costs the same for an OAP as a trip to Galway or Cork ie foc. If OAPs had to pay a reduced rate of let's say 50% of a full adult fare it could help IE or BE recoup some of their losses in recent years as both have been suffering.

dfx- wrote: »
    the 102 being operated by single deckers is a disgrace. More under preparation and a lack of experience.

If it was more frequent they could probably get away with single deckers. Many London bus routes operate at high frequency of every 10 mins but are operated by single deckers if they were operated by double deckers they likely wouldn't be able to run as frequently. I agree that the 102 isn't suitable for single deckers atm but they significantly increased the frequency it could be justified.

You also have remember the 123 used be bursting at the seems with the WVs and before that those damned city imps. The idea of bringing was single deckers was good however it's been implemented very poorly. The streelite max has a very poor reputation over in the UK and represents part of a full saving strategy from many UK operators. They are too long for certain routes like the 59. They should have bought Mercedes Citaros, Wright Eclipses or ADL Enviro 300s which are all full size single deckers more suitable than streelites. Maybe buy some smaller streetlites for routes like the 59 similar to ones DB have for the 44b.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

How could it be proven it was broke on purpose?

Not relevant. They are invalid if they can't be read, end of story, you are meant to get a new one. The DSP should say "be careful with it, like an adult, as you are careful with your bank card"

I had one for 4 years nearly and I never so much as scratched it, it wasn't flimsy at all, looks pretty robust to me. Keep it in a plastic ticket wallet you get from DB HQ or somewhere similar.

The transport companies have recouped their losses and don't make losses anymore. They were, it's true, DE-FACTO subsidizing the FT scheme during the recession as the DSP froze funding increases even as more disabled and seniors hit the rolls, but that's been corrected with a hike in revenue.

I think you misunderstand how the scheme is meant to work, it's not just meant to be an aid to get people around locally to shops and appointments it's MEANT to encourage them to take a trip to Cork or Belfast or whatever as well because:

1. It gets them out. Seniors and disabled used to be shut ins it's a serious side effect of both status, and it causes knock on health effects which mean that instead of the person costing say 20k over their senior or disabled status timeline they could cost 100k to treat these knock on health effects, mental and physical.

2. It circulates cash around tourist areas by generating internal tourism and acts as an economic stimulus because the travel cost is eliminated.

Putting any kind of charge or defacto charge on it would mean they'd stop using all but essential journeys ruining the entire point of the scheme. They are not an opportunity cost to the transport company because the train or bus or tram is going to that destination anyway, and apart from morning peak Belfast and Cork services it's rare a train is full, and people would simply just book the next one or get the next bus anyway. Instead, the company has this passenger on a train say that was going to operate anyway, buying stuff in the restraint, perhaps paying the online booking fee to ensure a seat which they'd not have paid if they'd not taken the journey at all (which they would not if a charge came in), then they are spending money in shops when they get to their destination.

It's also facilitated the peace process believe it or not because you have people who grew up with the troubles crossing to either Dublin or Belfast, or Newry, Bangor Lisburn, Cork, Galway etc and mixing with each other in a way they didn't before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look don't believe me I've come across many with blocked cards.

They break the card and give the working pass to their wife/husband etc etc.....

Some do so as they don't want to be tracked.

People sit on them or they get bent and snap.

The other day was shown one where the hidden chip was just a hole and the other metal info store chip was completely gone with a huge hole instead.

Quite a number of them are broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The streelite max has a very poor reputation over in the UK and represents part of a full saving strategy from many UK operators.

A very well-earned reputation it is too. I can't emphasise how atrocious they are to drive. They're essentially a stretched minibus - bizarrely, the steering wheel is identical to that of the Wright-bodied 'Imp' minibuses that Dublin Bus had in the early '90s. The dashboard is cheap and rattly. The wheels are too small for an almost 12 metre bus. Their steering lock is pathetic. The brakes are 'all-or-nothing'. The interior panels and poles constantly rattle. They're particularly unsuited to (and frankly dangerous on) routes like the 185, which covers narrow country roads around Enniskerry and traverses a narrow 1950s-built housing estate in Bray. I've noticed a lot of complaints on various Bray-based Facebook forums, about them being poorly driven. The truth is that they're impossible to drive well. They're such a handful, they make any driver look incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

XPS_Zero wrote: »

I've seen drivers say to tag it but most don't bother because it slows things down, you STILL (STILL!) get people waving it hysterically in front of the bulls eye instead of just placing it against it, then there is 10-15 seconds of confused frustration and beeping while everyone else waits in the cold, so many of the drivers just wave them on.
    There needs to be a poster campaign on the buses or leaflets about how to tag properly and telling FT users why it's important they tag (eligibility, usage data etc).

They do but many don't use it, and that button won't tell you if the pass is valid. The card could have had it's eligibility expire a year ago and the driver would never know unless it touches the machine.

The changeover is complete in 2019 so those will soon be expired they'll have to get a new one. Nearly all of them have been sent letters to get the new card.

Some are resisting under the ridiculous notion that somehow the card has privacy implications, not to mention the other hysterical concerns:

"MY PPS NUMBER IS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ...yes it's on your existing card, and your existing DSP card too...

"BUT IT'S A NATIONAL ID CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ....so? Wouldn't the only problem with such a card be cops randomly stopping you in the street demanding ID without cause? Which they can do now anyway? (if they have a reasonable suspicion you're up to something). Also slowing things down is the stupid rule that you need a passport or driver license to get the PSC ...but a small minority have neither, so they have to order the passport first. OAPs don't get a free passport anymore so they have to collect the funds slowly or don't have it. Why they can't just use the same verification process they use when getting you the passport I don't know.

I must call BS on this one. This scam would fall apart in half a second if anyone just checked the photo.

There is no reason for cuts to the NTA budget because of FT since FT does not come out of the NTA budget, but the DSP budget. There is significant evidence from studies of programs like this in other countries that they are a net gain to the budget from what they save in healthcare costs over the long term.

When most people don't get something free and a minority do it's always popular to bash that thing though, which is one of the reasons most social scientists hate selective programs and prefer NHS style universal models, because it means there is no stigma or resentment. But the Irish think means testing fixes everything so until recently resistance to this has been strong here.

The current (2017) DSP figures for FTP holders come in at 902,513.
    That is for Holders and does not reflect Spousal or Companion entitlement.

Total numbers of FTP holders of Pensionable Age 66+ is 489,518,which does not represent a vast majority of FTP holders.

Additionally,as can be evidenced by the currently precarious nature of the UK's National Free Travel Scheme,there remains a significant gulf between what Administrators think can be provided and what can actually be provided by the allocated budget.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

They are fitted with a Mercedes Benz plant so most likely they never updated steering wheel from back in the day.

The small wheels make them even worse.

All wright body vehicles are atrocious imo.

Bits falling off, panels loose, rattles everywhere, floors not fitted correctly on double decks and extremely uncomfortable as you feel every little bump.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The current (2017) DSP figures for FTP holders come in at 902,513.
    That is for Holders and does not reflect Spousal or Companion entitlement.

Total numbers of FTP holders of Pensionable Age 66+ is 489,518,which does not represent a vast majority of FTP holders.

Additionally,as can be evidenced by the currently precarious nature of the UK's National Free Travel Scheme,there remains a significant gulf between what Administrators think can be provided and what can actually be provided by the allocated budget.

Don't forget those with ft in the north also travel for free in the south.

They are fitted with a Mercedes Benz plant so most likely they never updated steering wheel from back in the day.

The small wheels make them even worse.

All wright body vehicles are atrocious imo.

Bits falling off, panels loose, rattles everywhere, floors not fitted correctly on double decks and extremely uncomfortable as you feel every little bump.

Their older stuff is very well built such as the VGs which are far better than anything ADL produced. Some from as far back as 2002/03 are still going strong in London and are far better than any ALX or Enviro 400s. Ok it might be different from the drivers point of view as a passenger I have found the EVs to be even worse for being lightweight than the SGs they rattle a lot especially upstairs where the poles feel very un secure.

I find the 142 and 152 SGs pretty awful but the 162, 172 and 182 SGs. My main complaint about the SGs is more so they seem underpowered rather than being poorly built also the wipers sound awful. Newer buses are all built much worse than older ones as all Dublin buses are built for the UK market and the bus operators over in the UK are always looking at ways to save on fuel hence the poorer build.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RuleNumber6

The 114 is getting double deckers not single deckers as had been earlier reported. The single deckers will be on routes 104, 220, 236, 238, 239 and 270. The 17, 114 and surprisingly the 161 will be operated by double deckers, I wonder were there similar issues with the streetlites in Tibradden as there were in Killiney with the 59.

Almost - The 161 will be Single Deck operated.

Go-Ahead saying on Twitter that their services will finish at approx 9pm tonight however they replied to a tweet asking when the last 33b was and they said it was the 7.05pm departure. The DB website has a list of all last departures tonight on each and every route but GAI do not have this.

On a good note GAI are operating a full weekday service today, on the 28th, 29th and NYE while DB is only operating a Saturday service on those days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Go-Ahead saying on Twitter that their services will finish at approx 9pm tonight however they replied to a tweet asking when the last 33b was and they said it was the 7.05pm departure. The DB website has a list of all last departures tonight on each and every route but GAI do not have this.

On a good note GAI are operating a full weekday service today, on the 28th, 29th and NYE while DB is only operating a Saturday service on those days.

Id expect that's because their staff don't have as much holidays to use because of their relatively short operating periods this year, compared to Dublin bus. Might as well utilise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,983 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

perhapse the NTA may have contracted that such a service should operate on go ahead routes?

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Advertisement

Id expect that's because their staff don't have as much holidays to use because of their relatively short operating periods this year, compared to Dublin bus. Might as well utilise them.

True another factor could less of a reliance on overtime compared to DB but I couldn't speak for sure on that one. On a busy night like NYE DB should be operating until 23.30 fair enough on Christmas Eve though.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

It's a 21:00 hour finish as in back in depot at 21:00

Here we go wrote: »
    It's a 21:00 hour finish as in back in depot at 21:00

So why are GAI posting that as information to the public. It's irrelevant to the travelling public.

The 44 and the 61 are interworked to create a half hourly frequency between Dundrum and the cc as some the areas around Milltown are a bit away from the Luas as older people use this bus as they can't walk to the luas which so it doesn't really justify high frequency buses. Also Rockbrook doesn't justify anymore than a few buses a day.

I didn’t know that about the two routes but the 61 is practically unusable, when I worked in the city I drove to the 14 or 16 route as it meant getting in and out on reasonable times. A few of my neighbors do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Qrt

salmocab wrote: »
    I didn’t know that about the two routes but the 61 is practically unusable, when I worked in the city I drove to the 14 or 16 route as it meant getting in and out on reasonable times. A few of my neighbors do similar.

The 61 always seems like one of those enigmatic routes that shouldn’t exist.

Qrt wrote: »
    The 61 always seems like one of those enigmatic routes that shouldn’t exist.

It’s times are terrible for people getting into and particularly out of town for work. At one stage there was an hour and a quarter gap in the evening rush hour between busses. Morning not awful think there might be 40 minute gaps.
    I only ever use it to go to Ranelagh for a pint and it’s every hour in the evening which is fine as it’s generally empty enough.
    After BC it will only run to Rathgar using similar times from what I can see, think that would be better served doing the 161 every 40 minutes down to Dundrum Luas. Odd one could do Rockbrook as now single decker would probably be enough and we could get to town faster potentially using the metro eventually.

Is the 61 not a bus that's mainly used by pensioners? Not all routes carry high passenger carriers some are more so local community routes that aren't very frequent but some would say they are socially necessary usually for school kids or pensioners. Maybe the 61 fits this bill?

Is the 61 not a bus that's mainly used by pensioners? Not all routes carry high passenger carriers some are more so local community routes that aren't very frequent but some would say they are socially necessary usually for school kids or pensioners. Maybe the 61 fits this bill?

It's very busy on dole day......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

The 114 is getting double deckers not single deckers as had been earlier reported. The single deckers will be on routes 104, 220, 236, 238, 239 and 270. The 17, 114 and surprisingly the 161 will be operated by double deckers, I wonder were there similar issues with the streetlites in Tibradden as there were in Killiney with the 59.

I haven't seen a single single-decker do training on the 220 and they've been doing it for the last few weeks. They've been using double-deckers for training on the 220 every time I've seen it and that's at least once a week .

The 220 is not the busiest of services. I think with a integrating a couple of essential 220 services into the 17a timetable with route variations and you could setup a revised 220 route operating from Blanchardstown centre to Swords via finglas, glasnevin, ballymun and airport operating hourly. Would be a great boost to folks that route serves. At least give it a trial run .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

thomasj wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single single-decker do training on the 220 and they've been doing it for the last few weeks. They've been using double-deckers for training on the 220 every time I've seen it and that's at least once a week .

The 220 is not the busiest of services. I think with a integrating a couple of essential 220 services into the 17a timetable with route variations and you could setup a revised 220 route operating from Blanchardstown centre to Swords via finglas, glasnevin, ballymun and airport operating hourly. Would be a great boost to folks that route serves. At least give it a trial run .

And leave the already flailing bus service of Mulhuddart behind completely. There's a lot that use the bus to school in Finglas and back every day.

Advertisement