Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4.5M and 4.0M Players

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So it looks like Chalobah is not fit for GW1. It seems like he was the preferred choice at this range.

Looks like trusty ol Stephens will be making his way into my team, although I could keep Chalobah on the assumption he makes his way into the team in GW2. Presumably there were no signings yesterday to threaten his place?

Any other preferred options in midfield at 4.5? I'm predominantly looking for a confirmed starter at this range, so I think Stephens is the best bet.

Morzadec wrote: »
    So it looks like Chalobah is not fit for GW1. It seems like he was the preferred choice at this range.

Looks like trusty ol Stephens will be making his way into my team, although I could keep Chalobah on the assumption he makes his way into the team in GW2. Presumably there were no signings yesterday to threaten his place?

Any other preferred options in midfield at 4.5? I'm predominantly looking for a confirmed starter at this range, so I think Stephens is the best bet.

I’m in the same position in that I want Chalobah as my bench fodder. I won’t go for Stephens as his ownership is too high so I might risk the Chelsea kid in the hope he does something, before Chalobah is available, and picks up a price rise. He’s only 2.5% owned whereas Stephens is about 11.5%.

I’m in the same position in that I want Chalobah as my bench fodder. I won’t go for Stephens as his ownership is too high so I might risk the Chelsea kid in the hope he does something, before Chalobah is available, and picks up a price rise. He’s only 2.5% owned whereas Stephens is about 11.5%.

Right, great point, worried about the price drop I presume?

I remember one season having a 4.5 midfield duo of Muamba and Mullins on my bench crumbling in price. Very frustrating.

Maybe need to look into a lower ownership player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Morzadec wrote: »
    Gunnarsson of Cardiff I think...

Gunnarsson of Cardiff I think...

Yup I've gone for him. Seems like slightly more of a goal threat too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,496 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

eagle eye wrote:
    WanB and Peltier look like they are both going to be starters at 4.0. Gunnarsson at Cardiff also looks like a certain starter in midfield at 4.5.

Not sure about any forwards lower than 6.0.
    Wan B and Peltier both start today.

Joselu at 5.0 started and scored for Newcastle. Reid starts for Cardiff, he is 5.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Huddersfield - Haderjouni 4.5, classed as a def but looks to be playing RWB vs Chelsea and getting forward quite alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pettier got a yellow after 3 mins. Better get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

razorblunt wrote: »

Yikes I'm planning on starting him next weekend as will have two Palace defenders home to Pool...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I see Ryan Bennett (Wolves 4.0) got 90mns at the weekend. Is he covering for someone?

• Advertisement

It’s been suggested that Dendonker will play there when available.

He’s listed as a midfielder and can play defensive mid but can also play at centre back.

Will be a wait and see for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dahat wrote: »
    Huddersfield - Haderjouni 4.5, classed as a def but looks to be playing RWB vs Chelsea and getting forward quite alot.

Have had my eye on him since last season. Was waiting for Huddersfield to hit any sort of form and for him to play every game but both didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

razorblunt wrote: »

On Peltier I've seen one article suggest they have a centre back due to come back which would push the covering centre back to Peltier's position. Keep an eye on any other reports about this or team forum talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,496 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dsmythy wrote:
    On Peltier I've seen one article suggest they have a centre back due to come back which would push the covering centre back to Peltier's position. Keep an eye on any other reports about this or team forum talk.

He started 27 games last season, 3 sub appearances, he missed time with a couple of minor injuries.
    I don't see him being removed from the start and lineup barring injury or somebody being bought in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is Peltier not a yellow magnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Green&Red wrote: »
    Is Peltier not a yellow magnet?

Honestly he'll be last defender for most owners and as a starter at 4.0 that's enough

manual_man wrote: »
    Honestly he'll be last defender for most owners and as a starter at 4.0 that's enough

Some people will be starting him this weekend...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Yeah, it's either Peltier at home to Newcastle or a seemingly half-fit Cédric away to Everton for me.

tailgunner wrote: »
    Yeah, it's either Peltier at home to Newcastle or a seemingly half-fit Cédric away to Everton for me.

I've double Palace defence so that's a no go this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He's my first sub. Cardiff's home record for cs is a lot better than their away record so a cs isn't out of the question.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    He's my first sub. Cardiff's home record for cs is a lot better than their away record so a cs isn't out of the question.

Yeah I'm fairly hopeful. Just hope Kenedy stays quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

With Peltier looking like a busted flush as far as a starting 4.0 defender I’m now looking for a playing alternate.

Jon Gorenc Stankovic - Huddersfield defender. Played 1 game. Conceded 6 goals. Scored 1.

I heard the commentator mention that he missed the whole of last season through injury. Any Huddersfield fans able to give an insight as to whether he’ll keep his place? Next game v Cardiff at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

GetWithIt wrote: »
    With Peltier looking like a busted flush as far as a starting 4.0 defender I’m now looking for a playing alternate.

Jon Gorenc Stankovic - Huddersfield defender. Played 1 game. Conceded 6 goals. Scored 1.

I heard the commentator mention that he missed the whole of last season through injury. Any Huddersfield fans able to give an insight as to whether he’ll keep his place? Next game v Cardiff at home.

Almost certainly not unless Zanka misses out again or Wagner goes for 3/5 at the back formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Looking like Bennet and Obi Wan as the 4.0's a t the moment then

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Don't tell me about Peltier :mad:!

Played him for the first 2 GWs with AWB first def sub. 20 pts diff! Of course these are the things to expect with £4.0m players but I feel very hard done by him here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Do people think there is any value in Guendouzi at 4.5? I am not familiar with him and haven't seen Arsenal play yet. He should be good for a solid 3 points each week for the next few weeks given their fixtures. As a sit on the bench 90% of the time player, is there any better value out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Do people think there is any value in Guendouzi at 4.5? I am not familiar with him and haven't seen Arsenal play yet. He should be good for a solid 3 points each week for the next few weeks given their fixtures. As a sit on the bench 90% of the time player, is there any better value out there?

Watched a bit of him against city, the boy looked really good. Potential attacking returns too. Not a bad shout, but how nailed on he is, we will have to see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Watched a bit of him against city, the boy looked really good. Potential attacking returns too. Not a bad shout, but how nailed on he is, we will have to see
    Sounds promising. I might roll with him for a few weeks and reassess then. He will probably sit on my bench each week given the strength of the rest of my midfield but good to know I have the option to rotate if necessary. If he has a couple of decent weeks, people might jump on him and I possibly get a price rise. If he loses his place he could drop to my third sub and get transferred out when it suits. Seems like a low risk option (which I need to take more of).

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

He's been brilliant so far. Worth noting that Emery hooked Xhaka ahead of him against Chelsea (which Wenger never would have done) so it looks like as long as he keeps up the good form he'll keep his place. I don't think he's going to set the world alight from an attacking perspective but at 4.5 I'm going to take a punt on him. Likewise, he'll probably end up as my first sub for the most part.

I think Arsenal are going to explode over the next few gameweeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Was actually hoping Stephens might drop to 4.4 as am on a WC but looks like he might escape for now. Good call on Guendouzi

Advertisement