Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Central heating timer stopped!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

my apt timer has stopped working aswell and its only in less than a year :mad:
    definitly has to be a fault with these...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭ntpm

germanator wrote: »
    my apt timer has stopped working aswell and its only in less than a year :mad:
    definitly has to be a fault with these...

"White Goods" are a part of the "Throw away" society.....:p
    Timer manufacturers would probably go out of business if there timeclocks lasted for 10 years....:rolleyes:.

I went to a house this week that had a fridge that was at least 30 years old... still working away.. ( Absorption type fridge).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Meter

Hi all,

I live in a studio and the noise of the old APT timer during the night is driving me crazy.

How can I stop the noise without to switch off the timer??? Any idea??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

You don't , you replace it for a digital one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭ntpm

Sounds like its on its wayout. Call electrician or heating eng.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I'll probably go digital when I have to replace it at all & then I'll try and find an electrician who'll actually show up for a small job like that!!

You should have no problem now - would have thought lads would be jumping at it.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

need to place one of these. the likes of woodies don't seem to sell them, where else can i try?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

I'm having the same problem with the noise from my apt timer also, i'm a light sleeper but it seems to have been noisier in the last week, we only moved into house a month ago and it was newly installed.

Is digital timer only option?

I don't rely on the apt timer as its really only a back up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just about to replace my timer with a digital 'sunuic' one. Is it fairly straight forward to match up the wires? Timer is for CH boiler and immersion.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Some advice needed please.

Timer on heating has stopped working. Clock won't mOve. It's not an apt as pictured but similar (older)

Now my heating switch is in our shed. So as you can imagine it's a pain to have to leave the house and put heating on / off.

So, how can I replace timer and move to kitchen? Is it an electrician? If it helps the shed faces directly my kitchen window. Roughly how much? Meaning to move it in for ages

Thanks

Edited. Just checked and timer is called Flash programmer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me. As the title says, the timer for my central heating seems to have stopped.

I went to switch on my heating the other night (it has been off for ages because of the lovely weather) and noticed that the time on the clock was wrong, so I fixed the time and set it to come on for 30 mins. I didn't take any notice of the time being wrong as I thought it might have been due to a power cut or something like that. Anyway after an hour or so I noticed that the heat was still on, so went investigating and the clock hadn't moved at all. So I turned off the heating and reset the time again - and no move since. So I guess my question is - can it be fixed? Or is it dead? It's only there about 15 months as it's a new house.

I tried searching on the net, but couldn't find anything. I did find sites selling batteries for timers, but I always thought they worked off the mains.

Attached is a pic of mine as I know there are loads of different models out there. Apologies for the quality - it was taken with the phone, but you'll get the idea.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    There is usually a 3 amp fuse spur fitted before the clock. Sometimes this has a switch. Is the swith turned off or has the 3 amp fuse blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If i was you i would unclip the timer from the mounting plate and take it along to a good plumbers mearchants and see if they have a direct replacement that will just clip back into your original mounting plate.

Advertisement