Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Access to Running Track

• 10-08-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Does anybody know of how and where I can get access to a running track.

Normally a distance runner but I am currently getting physio for a Hip flexor problem and I have now been instructed to run short intervals for the weeks ahead to ease back in.

With this in mind a flat surface would be a great benefit.

I am in Dublin 3/Drumcondra and have been running the coast road along Fairview but would appreciate anywhere better so as I can concentrate fully on the intervals.

Thanks for any help?

Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

If you really want a track then you can book sessions in Morton stadium, quick check showed availability and think it's about €5 for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

Thanks MisterJinx

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Gerb68 wrote: »
    Does anybody know of how and where I can get access to a running track.

Normally a distance runner but I am currently getting physio for a Hip flexor problem and I have now been instructed to run short intervals for the weeks ahead to ease back in.

With this in mind a flat surface would be a great benefit.

I am in Dublin 3/Drumcondra and have been running the coast road along Fairview but would appreciate anywhere better so as I can concentrate fully on the intervals.

Thanks for any help?

Ger

As an alternative.
    I'm not sure if you have a park or similar grass area close by.
    As it would be far more beneficial in general and not just while recovering from injury.
    You could also do some short run in grass barefoot, this will help with running economy and better form. Just remember to do only a few mins at the time. (max 10)

Advertisement