Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ben dunnes gym refund

• 10-08-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

anybody apply for ben dunne gym refund?
    are they issuing refunds ...
    i

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

thebourke wrote: »
    anybody apply for ben dunne gym refund?
    are they issuing refunds ...
    i

I applied for a refund 9 weeks ago but still no money even though I received confirmation that it would be arranged as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭xtal191

Requested a refund on June 25th and got a call from them yesterday looking for card details, said I'd have my refund in 10 working days at most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

xtal191 wrote: »
    Requested a refund on June 25th and got a call from them yesterday looking for card details, said I'd have my refund in 10 working days at most

Did you receive you refund, to the full amount? My girlfriend is looking for Northwood refund, since it doesn't appear to be opening soon. :rolleyes:

She paid 1 YE in January at €260, but closed from 13/3/20 so she's expecting €216 back from them. I doubt they'd deduct the cost of membership at pro-rata since it was closed? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Got an email from them this morning saying they're re-opening on 2nd December, with no pool or shower facilities!!

What a way to alienate half your customers. Interesting to see if it works. I'm going to go once to see what it's like and if it's not for me I'll be looking for a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Synode wrote: »
    Got an email from them this morning saying they're re-opening on 2nd December, with no pool or shower facilities!!

What a way to alienate half your customers. Interesting to see if it works. I'm going to go once to see what it's like and if it's not for me I'll be looking for a refund

A lot of gym aren't allowing showers to be used at this point.

• Advertisement

A lot of gym aren't allowing showers to be used at this point.

Sure but as far as I know they've taken them out completely i.e. they won't be there after Covid is gone

They've confirmed to me - shower facilities gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Synode wrote: »
    They've confirmed to me - shower facilities gone for good.
    Seems to me to be short term thinking now there are vaccines. Perhaps they are expecting another virus. :(

Got a email from Judy (general manager I think as I've dealt with her before).

'Hi
    The refunds left off at the 29th Sep and you are on the 8th Oct'.

Don't have a clue what they mean, as in they were sent to accounts on 29th September and because we applied 8th Oct we don't get one, or it's just delayed...

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Got a email from Judy (general manager I think as I've dealt with her before).

'Hi
    The refunds left off at the 29th Sep and you are on the 8th Oct'.

Don't have a clue what they mean, as in they were sent to accounts on 29th September and because we applied 8th Oct we don't get one, or it's just delayed...

Did ya get the refund yet?

• Advertisement

Did ya get the refund yet?

Girlfriend got hers, our mate hasn't but she didn't follow up on the emails so say Ben Dunne are just getting back to whoever hassles them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Has anybody tried to get a refund for the Jervis St gym?
    Unlike some of the other Ben Dunne Gyms, the Jervis St gym never reopened even when restrictions were eased.
    I've sent multiple emails and didn't get a reply to any of them.

Advertisement