Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rolex Batman Availability

• 09-08-2020 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just wondering what is the current waiting list from an AD for a Batman with the jubilee bracelet?
    And what are the ones with Oyster bracelets making these days?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭893bet

Old version, 11 k top tops.

Without history with an AD there is no list. Do you have history (watches or jewellery)?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,725 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Batman is discontinued, so I'm sure prices will even go further up. Batgirl waiting time - who knows - maybe 12-18 months? Unless you have a very special relationship with your AD, you will have to go to them in person and get on the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Just wondering what is the current waiting list from an AD for a Batman with the jubilee bracelet?
    And what are the ones with Oyster bracelets making these days?
    Thanks in advance

Ordered mine last May and got it a few weeks back. I was number three on the list at that stage I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Thanks for the prompt replies. Yes, I have purchased from my AD so I should be ok. Is it the Batgirl when it is the jubilee bracelet?

Is it the Batgirl when it is the jubilee bracelet?

Yep
    Time wrote: »
    Ordered mine last May and got it a few weeks back. I was number three on the list at that stage I believe.

Didn't you get rid of it already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

So 2 years wait for a Batgirl for €9,000? or pay €12,000 for a Batman now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Just to jump in here, Yachtmaster 116622 blue face, easily available or waiting list?

C0N0R wrote: »
    Just to jump in here, Yachtmaster 116622 blue face, easily available or waiting list?

Hey, I was there first! :D
    So 2 years wait for a Batgirl for €9,000? or pay €12,000 for a Batman now?

Personally I would never pay over RRP for any watch. But a lot of people seem to do this no bother. That's why plenty of people (regular posters in here too) go on the waiting list for a Rolex and when they get it they immediately flip it for a huge profit. Nothing wrong with making a few bob that way. The sucker is the person buying at over the odds, not the flipper imho.

unkel wrote: »
    Hey, I was there first! :D

Not going to lie I was only drawn to it on here over the past few days!! Thinking it might be slightly easier to pick up than a no date sub. Have you sussed out availability?

Not really. Most of the more affordable ones on chrono24 are from the states, which is tricky. Also I can only afford to own one Rolex, so my Milgauss would have to go first as trading in would not give me a great deal. I guess I will have to be patient / get lucky on this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Yep

Didn't you get rid of it already?

No the DJ went to make room for another blue dial which turned into a grey dial instead

Time wrote: »
    No the DJ went to make room for another blue dial which turned into a grey dial instead

Rumour has it you flipped the batgirl (which I think would have been the right move, I flipped mine. These can only go down in value for the next few years IMO as not every Rolex watch can stay above RRP like they have been, market has to correct).

Quell the rumours with an image of the watch set to today date and 13.53 (the time of this post)....

I think an incredible number of the “hot models” are held by dealers.

When Patek Nautilus went nuts the last 18 month watchfinder only have 1-5 for sale....I was tracking it closely..........they have 50 advertised now......who knows how many they actually have. Same with all the hot Rolex.

And the same with all other dealers.

The question is can the dealers control the stock numbers to keep prices high.

It’s happened with Richard Mille and FP Journe also. With much less watches in circulation from these brands these are easier control.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If it's any help, I was in Pride & Pinion (Located in The Merchant Hotel in Belfast) last week, and they have both a Batman and Batgirl in stock. Not sure if it's reflected on their website, which was not up to date when I looked at it (I was surprised to find a JLC Master Compressor Navy Seal in there, and a few other bits and bobs).

Not sure how competitive their second hand market pricing is, but the watches were perfect and obviously you'd get around any waiting list.

How much were they though, Black Sheep - that's the relevant question here ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Dealer price.

These are moving regularly on private market for 11-12k euro.

And let's not forget its full RRP from the Rolex AD is just €9,350

GBP12,750 is over €14k LOL

If I'm honest, I have a lot more respect for someone on the waiting list buying cheaply just to flip it and make a few grand off someone that was so spoilt as a child that even as an adult they can not wait to get something and must have it straight away. But it seems I am in a small minority on this in the watch world...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,458 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If I'm honest, I have a lot more respect for someone on the waiting list buying cheaply just to flip it and make a few grand off someone that was so spoilt as a child that even as an adult they can not wait to get something and must have it straight away. But it seems I am in a small minority on this in the watch world...

I'd tend to agree with you on this.
    A waitlist isn't so bad and whilst there doesn't seem to be a huge dealer experience on buying a Rolex?(am I wrong on that)

The thoughts of paying almost 5k for a little instant gratification is just crazy IMO.
    That said, if someone wants the watch and has the money it's their call.

Me? I dunno, between saving for a Tudor I've convinced myself I have to have and weighing that against just making a cheeky offer on 893's VC...

I'm just the wrong kind of indecisive person to give any weighted opinion to! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

But for some watches there is no "waiting list" or atleast not a list that works in the traditional sense.

For some models, (not that I know from first hand experience) you need 'build a relationship' with the dealer, i.e. buy some other watch/jewellery you didn't really want that has a much higher markup for them, so that they give you the option to buy the actual watch you want.

So if all you wanted was a SS Daytona or GMT Master II, it could actually be cheaper to just buy on the grey market.
    Joke of a setup, but one that Rolex has created and has made them a fortune.

Bit harsh maybe.

To get one at retail many people have to buy stuff they don’t really want to get into the good books with the AD (yes the odd person will get lucky, but that rare, try but a Daytona at retail with having already spent serious money in the AD....literally no chance).

So balance the wasting money on watches or jewellery or just pay the extra grey. Might be the same cost.

I wouldn’t be bother paying over retail either but I think I would prefer paying the extra to go grey for a watch I want than have to suck up to AD and play their bull**** games.

Also important to remember there are plenty of people out there making serious €€€. And have to spend it on something. Plenty people in Ireland on 100k plus per annum. And that’s before you even consider something like the financial districts in the big city.

banie01 wrote: »
    I'd tend to agree with you on this.
    A waitlist isn't so bad and whilst there doesn't seem to be a huge dealer experience on buying a Rolex?(am I wrong on that)

The thoughts of paying almost 5k for a little instant gratification is just crazy IMO.
    That said, if someone wants the watch and has the money it's their call.

Me? I dunno, between saving for a Tudor I've convinced myself I have to have and weighing that against just making a cheeky offer on 893's VC...

I'm just the wrong kind of indecisive person to give any weighted opinion to! :pac:

There is plenty of room for negotiation in my price, upwards only negotiation however..........

An offer of asking prob won’t buy it. Most likely will keep. There is a watch that is rare. One of only 2 for sale world wide that I could find. There is prob a couple of 1000 blnrs.....

Fair point lads on the having to buy other stuff first from the AD
    Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Joke of a setup, but one that Rolex has created and has made them a fortune.

Who benefits most here though? The AD will gladly let you buy a non-Rolex watch to put you on the Rolex waiting list if that makes them a lot of money. Perhaps the ADs have made most of the fortune from this setup?
    893bet wrote: »
    An offer of asking prob won’t buy it.

If you are not going to accept an offer of your asking price, then you have incorrectly set your asking price, which is against adverts.ie rules.

If you are not going to accept an offer of your asking price, then you have incorrectly set your asking price, which is against adverts.ie rules.

For clarity I meant my boards asking price which I had posted here of 4.5k rather than the 6.5k I had listed on adverts.

I am one of those who actually lists their boards price for their higher end watches rather than keep it hidden via PM incase they miss out on an extra 100 quid.

The watch has grown on me however, and is irreplaceable at 4.5k. So the boards price has risen, bargain was missed out on! I may be tempted by a 6.5k offer....

Who benefits most here though? The AD will gladly let you buy a non-Rolex watch to put you on the Rolex waiting list if that makes them a lot of money. Perhaps the ADs have made most of the fortune from this setup?.

Something I have wondered too and for what is ultimately a mass-produced object. At least Patek have the excuse of being 100% hand made.

But perhaps it helps push up the sales on precious metal Rolex (and just look at their prices!) and other models as well as ensuring that AD's never/rarely given any discount on the RRP. I have no idea what the AD actually make on each sale, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 30-40% (jewellery is meant to be 100%+).

And some of those non-Rolex might be Tudor as well.

If some of the stories on other forums are anything to go by, Rolex could fill all these waiting lists tomorrow if they really wanted to or allow you to buy direct from their website. What other business model works by the retailers not allowed to directly pick what models they want?

On a related note I am on a waiting list for an OP39 in a white dial ...about 2 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,458 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There is plenty of room for negotiation in my price, upwards only negotiation however..........

An offer of asking prob won’t buy it. Most likely will keep. There is a watch that is rare. One of only 2 for sale world wide that I could find. There is prob a couple of 1000 blnrs.....

Honestly, if I'd had the cash when you first mooted selling it I'd honestly have snapped your wrist off.
    I said it to you at the time that I was surprised not only to see it being considered for sale, but at the price too.

If I ever get around to putting a trinity together, yours is the watch I'd start with.

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Something I have wondered too and for what is ultimately a mass-produced object. At least Patek have the excuse of being 100% hand made.

But perhaps it helps push up the sales on precious metal Rolex (and just look at their prices!) and other models as well as ensuring that AD's never/rarely given any discount on the RRP. I have no idea what the AD actually make on each sale, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 30-40% (jewellery is meant to be 100%+).

And some of those non-Rolex might be Tudor as well.

If some of the stories on other forums are anything to go by, Rolex could fill all these waiting lists tomorrow if they really wanted to or allow you to buy direct from their website. What other business model works by the retailers not allowed to directly pick what models they want?

On a related note I am on a waiting list for an OP39 in a white dial ...about 2 months now

Local AD had one to walk out with last time I was in, sadly in the wrong country for you I’d imagine!

For clarity I meant my boards asking price which I had posted here of 4.5k rather than the 6.5k I had listed on adverts.

Fair enough and thanks for clarifying! If only I had a few extra big ones in my bank account I would be mighty tempted :D

• Advertisement

C0N0R wrote: »
    Local AD had one to walk out with last time I was in, sadly in the wrong country for you I’d imagine!

teasing!
    where out of interest?

Advertisement