Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing remote control (universal replacement not possible)

Options
  • 01-08-2020 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

No idea where to post this. Basically I bought an outdoor patio heater online from checkfrank.ie . It only operates through the remote control that it came with - and I've lost it. The brand is Valetti which I reckon is a checkfrank.ie brand, I can't find the brand anywhere online. No indication that its a brand any universal remote control would have a code for either. I'm trying to get a replacement from checkfrank.ie but I'm not hopeful. Any thoughts on what I could do? Any way of finding the right frequency to put into a universal remote control, or is there something else I could do? All I need is one single function, the on button. I can operate it otherwise from buttons on the unit itself. Incredible you can't turn it on without the remote control but there you go....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

We have all lost remote controls, you are not alone.
    I am surprised that there is not manual control but, perhaps go to the supplier of it and ask them fot a solution.

Perhaps also see if you can get full model number and then utube etc to see if you cann source a controller.

Can you see a nameplate on the heater? If so write all details down and then you can get a new controller

Can you look at heater and see if you can find a name plate. This will give exact details like model number etc. If you get this you should be able to get a replacement on amazon

I agree with you. I cannot find detaild.
    Suggest you fot fet about remote conttol.
    Instal an on, off switch direcyoy to the hestrt .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

adrian92 wrote: »
    Someone’s drinking early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

adrian92 wrote: »

Think you are saying to install an on off switch direct to the heater. There actually is an on off button on the heater. Alas turning it on simply seems to put it in a standby mode whereby it can then be turned on by a remote control. Is there a way around that do you think?

I was kinda wondering if there was some way of reverse engineering to find the frequency of the "on" signal on the missing remote, or some kind of remote control or phone app that might try every signal until one works, or some such?

Picture of box with details attached

Picture of box with details attached

Wrong side! This side more helpful....

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Wrong side! This side more helpful....

Chinese don't invent anything theres a good chance it uses NEC protocol the universal remotes I have used usually have a mode where each time you press the power button it tries a new code you keep clicking until it turns on. If you can borrow a universal remotes it's worth a go.

Chinese don't invent anything theres a good chance it uses NEC protocol the universal remotes I have used usually have a mode where each time you press the power button it tries a new code you keep clicking until it turns on. If you can borrow a universal remotes it's worth a go.

might try that, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

googled it
    attached pic of on/off button on side of unit

dolittle wrote: »
    googled it
    attached pic of on/off button on side of unit

Thats the one. Alas all that does is turn it into standby mode. You need the remote to then actually turn it on for some daft reason.

Advertisement