Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feile panel question

• 28-07-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've a question about the feile panels. We're submitting an A and B team
    Rules :A player can only be named in one panel submitted (per code) and may not subsequently play in a lower graded Féile Peil na nÓg or Feile na nGael Cup / Shield game in 2020.

Why does it say a player can only be in one panel AND also can't play in a lower grade.

Surely that's superfluous... or am I misunderstanding it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi. I've a question about the feile panels. We're submitting an A and B team
    Rules :A player can only be named in one panel submitted (per code) and may not subsequently play in a lower graded Féile Peil na nÓg or Feile na nGael Cup / Shield game in 2020.

Why does it say a player can only be in one panel AND also can't play in a lower grade.

Surely that's superfluous... or am I misunderstanding it?

B players can move up if required. A players cant move down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

dobman88 wrote: »
    B players can move up if required. A players cant move down.

Cheers, but how can that be if the first part of the rule says "A player can only be named in one panel submitted (per code)"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

Cheers, but how can that be if the first part of the rule says "A player can only be named in one panel submitted (per code)"

You have to name your panel to stop what I would call a bit of "codology". Like everything, you will have players injured, drop out, unavailable. Youd be expected to name your strongest A team so that's why players wouldn't be allowed move down but players can move up if needed.

I agree with you, its poorly phrased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Surely Feile is not going ahead this year?

It is, single matches spaced over a couple of weeks. No blitz format.

That makes it even harder to name a panel as it's not a one weekend affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

It is, single matches spaced over a couple of weeks. No blitz format.

That makes it even harder to name a panel as it's not a one weekend affair.

How many on a panel? If it's over a couple of weeks have they increase the panel size to allow for players who can't make it to all games if they are away, sick, etc?

cocoman wrote: »
    How many on a panel? If it's over a couple of weeks have they increase the panel size to allow for players who can't make it to all games if they are away, sick, etc?

24 on a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Féile? Thought that was totally off all over the country? Or is you're own county just running an internal U14 thing and calling it Féile OP?

Féile? Thought that was totally off all over the country? Or is you're own county just running an internal U14 thing and calling it Féile OP?

Good point; possibly only my county (Dublin)
    https://www.dublingaa.ie/juvenile/regulations

Advertisement