Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - Red Robin Round

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

washiskin wrote: »
    Different Seasons - a book made of 4 novellas:

Rita Hayworth And The Shawshank Redemption
    Apt Pupil
    The Body
    The Breathing Method

What the most expensive decoration you've ever bought?

I bought a Christmas scene yokeamebob. It was €45 in Carraig Donn. Teddy bears dressed in stripy scarves twirling around a magnetised lake. A lovely tune played and they all started twirling when you clapped your hands. I have such fond memories of my (then) young nephews in absolute fits of laughter at their antics. My nephews reawakened my love of Christmas.

Which leads me on nicely to my question :p

Have you ever lost your sense of Christmas and if so, what happened to make you all Christmassy again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

mud wrote: »
    Have you ever lost your sense of Christmas and if so, what happened to make you all Christmassy again?

Not sure if this qualifies however, like many I'm sure, during my late teens and most of the 20's, Christmas was a time to go out and drink too much. I worked pretty much all over Christmas as well. So went from very happy Christmas memories as a kid to about 10 years of it being a blur!

Then my sister had kids and Christmas took on a different meaning, I meet my now OH and Christmas settled down a bit, more about family and taking time off etc. I guess that is when my love for Christmas was reborn as such and it's just grown and grown since :)

Funniest Christmas Day story??

Advertisement