Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premier league 2020

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

You do understand the difference between subjective opinion and facts don’t you!

23 staged events Glen has played, and this is his first final win

That is a FACT not an opinion.

The only staged event he won is a non ranking invitational, again that is not opinion, that is fact.

He is not in the top 10 of the order of merit....again a fact

he is not in the top ten of the Pro tour order of merit...another FACT.

It seems to me it is you that has the difficulty in spotting the difference between opinion and fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

2 match play semis,

Grand Prix Semi

Premier league chamipon.

2 x players championship winner

Loads of quarter finals

In less than 2 years on the back of 3 consecutive lakeside titles.

These are facts Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

23 staged events Glen has played, and this is his first final win

That is a FACT not an opinion.

The only staged event he won is a non ranking invitational, again that is not opinion, that is fact.

He is not in the top 10 of the order of merit....again a fact

he is not in the top ten of the Pro tour order of merit...another FACT.

It seems to me it is you that has the difficulty in spotting the difference between opinion and fact.

You’re very selective.

Read your previous posts and distill our the subjective opinion bits.

You’re also always going on about Smiths ranking not being a reflection of his ability.

You seem to twist things to suit your agenda.

I didn’t really mind who won but was marginally happier that it was Durrant knowing it would cause you to go into meltdown:)

TbL

US2 wrote: »
    2 match play semis,

Grand Prix Semi

Premier league chamipon.

2 x players championship winner

Loads of quarter finals

In less than 2 years on the back of 3 consecutive lakeside titles.

These are facts Justin.

here is another fact.

His record in the PDC over the near 2 years is not good enough to have him in the top ten.

nor is it good enough to have him in the top ten for the year, because....wait for it....more that ten others have done more and earned more than him, hence why he is not in the top ten.

Has he done well ? Absolutely
    Has the likes of Dimi done well this year...absolutely
    lots of players has done better in comps that durrant, that is not a knock on the player but a fact.

You seem intent to try spin this in to some sort of agenda because of the poster.
    But you cannot deny the facts I post no matter how much you spin things or try to deflect.

He only won coz the others were worse, do you realise how ridiculously childish and churlish you sound

TbL

• Advertisement

You’re very selective.

Read your previous posts and distill our the subjective opinion bits.

You’re also always going on about Smiths ranking not being a reflection of his ability.

You seem to twist things to suit your agenda.

I didn’t really mind who won but was marginally happier that it was Durrant knowing it would cause you to go into meltdown:)

TbL

You are right, Smith is over rated since he never won a major, but Smith has reached the final of a major ranking tv event, something Durrant has not done in the PDC.

Is Dimitri one of the best in the world ?
    He has won a proper ranking major, even beat durrant along the way, so surely he must be better than durrant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Surely he’s top 10 in the order of merit now. I’d say he’s the 4th or 5th best player in the world. I’d have him above someone like Michael Smith any day because darts is not just about talent.

He only won coz the others were worse, do you realise how ridiculously childish and churlish you sound

TbL

How many match darts did ando miss ?
    Aspinall played far worse in the final than the semi.

What part of this is a lie ?

Johner wrote: »
    Surely he’s top 10 in the order of merit now. I’d say he’s the 4th or 5th best player in the world. I’d have him above someone like Michael Smith any day because darts is not just about talent.

oh dear....

its non ranking, why would you climb up the rankings for a non ranking event ?

You are right, Smith is over rated since he never won a major, but Smith has reached the final of a major ranking tv event, something Durrant has not done in the PDC.

Is Dimitri one of the best in the world ?
    He has won a proper ranking major, even beat durrant along the way, so surely he must be better than durrant

Now I’m not even sure what you’re on about.

For me Durrant is one of the best grinders in the game and has proven he can beat anyone on his day. Will he win a PDC WC, probably not but he’s in and around the top 10, so yeah, currently he’s one of the best players in the world

TbL

• Advertisement

How many match darts did ando miss ?
    Aspinall played far worse in the final than the semi.

What part of this is a lie ?

Who said it was a lie, what’s your point?

I’ve often been involved in games where I almost won but didn’t

Cudda. Wudda. Shudda

TbL

Now I’m not even sure what you’re on about.

For me Durrant is one of the best grinders in the game and has proven he can beat anyone on his day. Will he win a PDC WC, probably not but he’s in and around the top 10, so yeah, currently he’s one of the best players in the world

TbL

If Durrant was one of the best in the world, how come he went 22 staged tv events without reaching a final ?

If he was one of the best in the world then surely he would be in the top 10 of the order of merit at the very least, but he is not.

If he was one of the best he would be top of the pro tour order of merit, but he is not even in the top 10.

He has never won a ranking major like Cross, MVG, Ando, Wade, Aspinall, gurney, Price, Dimitri, etc.

Every time i ask on what criteria you put durrant in the top 5 you fail to answer, why is this ?

The reason there are players above him in the rankings is because they perform better, its not a difficult concept to grasp really.

I am sure in you zest to reply and spin you will deflect as usual for the facts.

If Durrant was one of the best in the world, how come he went 22 staged tv events without reaching a final ?

If he was one of the best in the world then surely he would be in the top 10 of the order of merit at the very least, but he is not.

If he was one of the best he would be top of the pro tour order of merit, but he is not even in the top 10.

He has never won a ranking major like Cross, MVG, Ando, Wade, Aspinall, gurney, Price, Dimitri, etc.

Every time i ask on what criteria you put durrant in the top 5 you fail to answer, why is this ?

The reason there are players above him in the rankings is because they perform better, its not a difficult concept to grasp really.

I am sure in you zest to reply and spin you will deflect as usual for the facts.

Where did I say top 5?

So Smith is a better player than Durrant currently?

So Smith is top 5?

TbL

Who said it was a lie, what’s your point?

I’ve often been involved in games where I almost won but didn’t

Cudda. Wudda. Shudda

TbL

and until a player wins ranking majors i dont class them as the best in the world....

Hence why I dont have Smith, White, Chizzy, Durrant, Cullen and all those without a single ranking major in my top players.

How can you be one of the best in the world without ranking majors. ?
    Its a simple question.....care to answer it ?

and until a player wins ranking majors i dont class them as the best in the world....

Hence why I dont have Smith, White, Chizzy, Durrant, Cullen and all those without a single ranking major in my top players.

So you’re making up your own rankings now, is that a fact :):)

I’ll leave you to it.

TbL

are you unable to answer my question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Durrant just oozes class, this should see him break away from the rest now the mental block had been shattered with this win. World class from start to finish.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Durrant just oozes class, this should see him break away from the rest now the mental block had been shattered with this win. World class from start to finish.

Stop you’ll give him an aneurism :)

TbL

Liamalone wrote: »

Yep I think that will lift a lot of pressure off him, as it was getting to him all the previous failures in semis and quarters.

He did get lucky tonight in that Ando ansd Asp played poorly.

The other great bonus of the night was MVG on the dutch tv station RTL7 who seemed completely sour with Glen winning.

That is always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

So if Dennis Priestley and Colin Lloyd came out of retirement they'd automatically go in the top 5 because they won majors

• Advertisement

Stop you’ll give him an aneurism :)

TbL

You do know I like glen and have spoken with him many times.
    Are you incapable of differentiating between liking a player and actual facts and stats ?

Are you so intent on having a go at the poster instead of the content you are making yourself look ridiculous, when I have said on here numerous times I actually like glen.

How about for once you read my posts before showing yourself up.

I see you are still avoiding the simple question I asked you

You do know I like glen and have spoken with him many times.
    Are you incapable of differentiating between liking a player and actual facts and stats ?

Are you so intent on having a go at the poster instead of the content you are making yourself look ridiculous, when I have said on here numerous times I actually like glen.

How about for once you read my posts before showing yourself up.

I see you are still avoiding the simple question I asked you

I’d hate to see if you didn’t like him given the shocking names you’ve called him in the past!!

You seem to struggle with English, you do understand what “currently” means don’t you?

TbL

You consistently reach the last 4 and last 8 of almost every tv event he plays in.

You use the Order of Merit when it suits you. There is still loads of money to get this year. You can't use his ranking as a guide till the 2 years is up. He will be in top 10 in January no doubt about it

paulie21 wrote: »
    So if Dennis Priestley and Colin Lloyd came out of retirement they'd automatically go in the top 5 because they won majors

Dont be ridiculous.

if you knew anything about darts you might be aware of the number of people that have reached major ranking finals AFTER glen joined the PDC.

Take Dimitri van den Bergh, he not only reached a final of a proper tv ranking major, he even won it, and beat durrant along the way....is he one of the best in the world ???

Why is stuart pyke and mardle not saying the same about dimitri ?
    This is the bias and favoritism I speak of.

Do you think this event is somehow easier to win because it's unranked ? Second biggest pay day in world darts , quarter of a million for glen tonight.

US2 wrote: »
    You consistently reach the last 4 and last 8 of almost every tv event he plays in.

You use the Order of Merit when it suits you. There is still loads of money to get this year. You can't use his ranking as a guide till the 2 years is up. He will be in top 10 in January no doubt about it

I have no doubt he will get in, and right away in january he is defending money.
    But if he is not in the top 10 rankings at the moment
    has no major ranking titles to his name...how can he be one of the best in the world.

no one seems able to answer this.
    Everytime I ask the deflecting begins.

You seem to struggle with English, you do understand what “currently” means don’t you?

TbL

Again I think its you that has difficulty comprehending what "currently" means.

Glen is "currently" not in the top 10 of the order of merit.

He is "currently" not in the pro tour order of merit top 10 either.

He "currently" does not have a single ranking major to his name nor has even reached the final of a Major ranking comp.

You have zero comeback to the facts I post, and you are unable to answer the most simple question as to what criteria you use to put him in the top 5

you speak how he is top 5 and when asked what criteria or facts to base your opinion, you cannot answer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

You are beating him down and near rubbishing him as not being a top 10 player when he has not had the full 104 weeks in the Order of Merit that others have had. Therefore you are not comparing like with like. And one of the tournaments missing is the Worlds where a decent finish would have him inside the top 10 from the looks of it.

But this particular "fact" doesn't suit your agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Well done to Duzza, I think he always comes across well so I can't understand when he gets flack.

The PL badly needs an overhaul though. I've said it before but I think changing the format week to week would improve it massively. First to 7 legs 501 is something we see plenty of already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

El Sueño wrote: »
    Well done to Duzza, I think he always comes across well so I can't understand when he gets flack.

The PL badly needs an overhaul though. I've said it before but I think changing the format week to week would improve it massively. First to 7 legs 501 is something we see plenty of already.

Goes on far too long in my opinion. How many nights were there? Did someone say 23? Should be half that. But i guess it's a money cow for the PDC.

Advertisement