Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards 50 euro league

Options
  • 27-06-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We go again ;)

Same as always, €50 euro in, prize pool split 70% for 1st, 20% for second and 10% for 3rd.

Running this for years, your money is safe, winnings always paid the week of season ending :D

Drop me a PM if you are interested in getting involved, league is capped at 30 entrants.

Hint ; Grealish @ 6m should be the starting point of your plans.

Comments

Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Can't believe we are up and running already, feels like the last fantasy season finished days ago :-)

I look forward to winning lots of money off you this season lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

McBain11 wrote: »
    Can't believe we are up and running already, feels like the last fantasy season finished days ago :-)

I look forward to winning lots of money off you this season lads.

hahaha I think the same every year and after 10 seasons the best I've done was 11th

hahaha I think the same every year and after 10 seasons the best I've done was 11th

No. I mean it this year :D

We have 8 confirmed in already, which is pretty decent over a month out from the season's start.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to get involved, it's capped at 30 so first come first served..

• Advertisement

Lads, and ladies

Spaces filling up fast so if interested drop me a PM

Anyone in the league want to reveal any secrets as to their plans.

I'll start - Grealish 6m

I've already gone through 500 secret plans in the past week :-) Grealish, McGinn, Wesley of Villa all part of my surprise packages at different times, along with numerous other 5-7 million mids and strikers! The reality is that with the transfer window it's gonna be another week or so before it's easier to guess starting line ups for the first few GWs.

Just on Grealish, I think he'll have a very good season. Whether that translates into lots of FPL points is a different matter.

17 in and paid up so far, few others interested so filling up nicely.

3 spots left !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 thepodman

3 spots left !

I’ll enter, send on the payment details and I’ll transfer ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Payment just sent

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Wing Back

3 spots left !

I'd like to enter if there is still space.

PM sent for Code and bank details and I'll transfer across.

Much appreciated

Wing Back wrote: »
    I'd like to enter if there is still space.

PM sent for Code and bank details and I'll transfer across.

Much appreciated

Cheers pal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Payment sent, thanks for running

Last call for entries to the league.

I’m away from early Friday so need all entries by then.

Best of luck to all in so far.

22 in, prize pot of 1,100

Winner gets 880

2nd gets 220

Best of luck to all

Few late comers so will update the pot details when the cash is in.

Best of luck to all.

GAME ON

All,

League is finalised - 26 entered, 26 paid.

Prize pot of 1,300

Winnings as follows ;

First - 900
    Second - 250
    Third - 150

Good luck to all, I ahem, heard that Salah and Sterling are injured for the next while, so recommend you take them out if you have them.

Unusually for this league, it's all down to the wire !!

Best of luck to all on the final day, as a Villa fan I am probably as nervous as you guys for a different reason.

If you contact me once all is over I'll get the winnings to you, either bank transfer, Revolut, paypal or meet with cash - just let me know what ever suits best.

I'm gonna run another league for next season if anyone wants to go again - I need to better my dismal - DISMAL - 24th place this season, I just couldn't get anything right.

Will post final results here Sunday night or Monday and then will be back to arrange next years.

Thanks to all who played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Crazy outcome of this league if my sums are right. Top 3 separated by 2 points....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Markx wrote: »
    Crazy outcome of this league if my sums are right. Top 3 separated by 2 points....

Yeah I’ve won by a point over ElTel in 2nd and yourself in 3rd another point back.

That’s some ending to an unforgettable season.

Yeah I’ve won by a point over ElTel in 2nd and yourself in 3rd another point back.

That’s some ending to an unforgettable season.

Congratulations a great win and a great performance all season - I'm not going to think about where that 2 points went over the season, it could destroy your brain :)

On the flip side I got KDB in on at the last minute today, so its swings and roundabouts. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Markx wrote: »
    Congratulations a great win and a great performance all season - I'm not going to think about where that 2 points went over the season, it could destroy your brain :)

On the flip side I got KDB in on at the last minute today, so its swings and roundabouts. Well done!

Well done lads, some great scores by all the top 3 over the last few weeks.

Cheers folks. Well done yerselves ye pushed me all the way to the end.

I need a good few weeks away from FPL now to recharge the batteries.

It’s been a looooong auld season!

Well, what a gameweek that was, mental day with goals everywhere and drama to the last. It's been a crazy season so it was a fitting end.

Normally July is the time we are prepping for the next season, not deciding winners.

So, final results are ;

1st - Johnny Brosnan with 2,411 points (900 euro)
    2nd - Terry Daly only 1 point behind (250 euro)
    3rd - Mark Mansfield only 1 back (150 euro)

Drop me a PM and let me know how you want the winnings sent, I'll get to you this week, no later than Friday :)

Congrats to all, we've never had such a close finish, see you very soon for next years competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Congrats lads, was a great league to follow, i was the bridesmaid in 4th after being in 1st before the famous Antonio weekend!. Wasn't in a position to take a risk on the last day cos of other leagues.

Thanks for running, will def have another stab at this despite the clear high standard here!

Mark I had your details from last year, have sent to ur bank.

Let me know you get it safely pal

Well, what a gameweek that was, mental day with goals everywhere and drama to the last. It's been a crazy season so it was a fitting end.

Normally July is the time we are prepping for the next season, not deciding winners.

So, final results are ;

1st - Johnny Brosnan with 2,411 points (900 euro)
    2nd - Terry Daly only 1 point behind (250 euro)
    3rd - Mark Mansfield only 1 back (150 euro)

Drop me a PM and let me know how you want the winnings sent, I'll get to you this week, no later than Friday :)

Congrats to all, we've never had such a close finish, see you very soon for next years competition.

Cheers mirwillbeback. Thanks for running another great league.

• Advertisement

Mark I had your details from last year, have sent to ur bank.

Let me know you get it safely pal

Got it thanks a million Mir!

Advertisement