Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was almost at the end of the purchase for the camera, and have set up address pal and even downloaded and transferred money into revolut, how do I use revolutionary to purchase when it's looking for a uk billing address, I know this is off topic, but just trying to get a camera fast-TIA-sorry for going off topic-I did search but couldn't find anything

Set your revolut address to parcel motel, address pal or parcel wizard. It's what I did. Kind of made a mockery of their authentication hurdles.

I bought 2, assuming they're both delivered, I think I'll only need the 1 as I have a fly6 anyway. I have a gadget hoarding problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Weepsie wrote: »
    Set your revolut address to parcel motel, address pal or parcel wizard. It's what I did. Kind of made a mockery of their authentication hurdles.

I bought 2, assuming they're both delivered, I think I'll only need the 1 as I have a fly6 anyway. I have a gadget hoarding problem

Thanks very much, I actually put in the revolutionary dress and that did the job-whew....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

The authentication is a PITA. I have changed my address for this only and I have to upload passport and pic. Then it rejects them as being unclear! Pants!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    The authentication is a PITA. I have changed my address for this only and I have to upload passport and pic. Then it rejects them as being unclear! Pants!!

Yeah, mine was rejected first time, but I added again and it cleared this time, I placed the passport on the table instead of holding it in my hand, it may have been a bit shaky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I await the bidding war:pac:

Rolling stuff out in my aldi tonight but they hadn't got to the good stuff before closing. The merino outer jersey felt like the ones Wiggle used to sell.

• Advertisement

I only ordered as Aldi opens at 9 and I'm in work by then most days, especially this week.

There'll be no war, but I'll likely privately offer it to a regular who misses out on one of a friend doesn't want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i presume lidl will have a promotion soon enough too, thats the way it usually goes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Yeah, mine was rejected first time, but I added again and it cleared this time, I placed the passport on the table instead of holding it in my hand, it may have been a bit shaky

No joy. Looking for more ID. Photos of it front and back and a picture. Maybe Thor security verification is quite robust, if also random!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I gave up on trying to order it in myself and got a relation in England to order it. Hoping to get to an Aldi at lunch - merino base layers and Co2 really all that's left on my list, but I'll report back on what's left at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

The wife just go me one. Stupidly i thought that it was a light/camera set but its only a rear camera.

• Advertisement

The wife just go me one. Stupidly i thought that it was a light/camera set but its only a rear camera.

It's advertised as a camera and light. Should be a separate button for the light function

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

It's advertised as a camera and light. Should be a separate button for the light function

Sorry, i meant both front and rear lights. I should have read it right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Was there no delivery of the s/s merino base layers in some stores? It wasn't in my local store and not sold out either as there wasn't a label on an empty shelf....

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Picked up two sets of the Cree and Cob front and rear light sets. First impression is very positive. Solid construction, impressive light output front and rear. Fitting for rear light even looks like it'll fit a seat stay at it's narrowest. Kind of wish I'd bought more. Also: who else offers a three year warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

Just called into Aldi in Arklow they have 4/5 cameras in the cabinet. Quite a few there going through the other gear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

I grabbed merino baselayers (top and long johns) + a light set in Aldi Rathmines on the way in this morning, was there at 9:05. There was a pile of people there and the shelves were emptying fast, not many base layers left anyway. I would have bought another pair if they were there. I didn't see the recording lights but wasn't going to get one anyway. They are probably locked in a cabinet.

5/6 turbo trainers there and about 10 bike racks. Stocks looked pretty limited of everything, though i guess that one is always going to get a good few people deciding to run a bit late for work and pop in at 9, it's closest one to city centre afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The camera is NOT real 1080p. Upscaled 720 at best, really long shutter time. Will be returning.

Its also 25fps not 30.
    Stay safe while you’re on the road with this camera with integrated bike light.

Connections
    Micro SD slot, Micro USB port
    Contents
    1 x Camera and light unit
    1 x Micro USB charging cable
    1 x 8GB Micro SD card
    Features
    Sensor viewing angle 100°
    USB 2.0 and Micro SD ports
    Includes 8GB Micro SD card, and can support up to 32GB class 10 Micro SD Cards
    Battery capacity 2600mAh
    ISO range 100-800
    25 Frame rate
    Records rear view
    Micro SD slot
    Micro USB port
    Records in 1920 x 1080p 30fps video resolution
    Up to 6 hours of video recording battery life
    Guarantee/Warranty
    3 Years

Its a shame as most of it is good. Solid build. The other flaw though is the speaker is exposed and will be water damaged over time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got one of the rear light/cameras. It's a big yoke, but I think the fly6 is the same. It does come with shims to adjust the angle on the seat post. It does not appear to do loop recording as we suspected. I'll pop up my commute home recording this evening to see what the quality is like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If its anything like their dashcam it wont be good

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Borderfox wrote: »

I have kept the receipt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Borderfox wrote: »

Can you expand ? I just got one this morning, won't bother opening it (more) if it's pants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I had a look on youtube for examples of the camera and found the some of the dashcam footage and it was very hard to make out the reg plates.

I use a gopro session at 50fps and that's enough to get even the fastest of offenders

ED E wrote: »
    The camera is NOT real 1080p. Upscaled 720 at best, really long shutter time. Will be returning.

Its also 25fps not 30.

Its a shame as most of it is good. Solid build. The other flaw though is the speaker is exposed and will be water damaged over time.

Any sample video you can show?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ordered one there from their website in the uk, used address pal with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is the distributor.

http://www.quesh.co.uk/products/?product_id=461

"No loop record function available on this model."

This is their dashcam, not necessarily the same sensor but similar anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Normal base layers are undersized and really thin. Go for a larger size, but they're not really for winter.

Merino base layer is oversized, go for a smaller size. I never tried merino stuff but this one felt itchy and I'm returning it.

Light pack (a'la Lezyne): both lights seems great - they're definitely not made by Lezyne, but the front one is quite a good copy. I just wonder what's the battery life...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Alek wrote: »
    Normal base layers are undersized and really thin. Go for a larger size, but they're not really for winter.

Merino base layer is oversized, go for a smaller size. I never tried merino stuff but this one felt itchy and I'm returning it.

Light pack (a'la Lezyne): both lights seems great - they're definitely not made by Lezyne, but the front one is quite a good copy. I just wonder what's the battery life...

what lumen you reckon front light is?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Was there no delivery of the s/s merino base layers in some stores? It wasn't in my local store and not sold out either as there wasn't a label on an empty shelf....

The Aldi in swords just off the bypass had some when I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Aldi in Parnell st Dublin has a few baskets of clothes but only the cheapest lights and no cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

AlanG wrote: »
    Aldi in Parnell st Dublin has a few baskets of clothes but only the cheapest lights and no cameras.

In Sandyford the cameras weren't on display, you had to ask at checkout for them.

Advertisement