Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

Popped my Parkrun cherry at Marlay over the weekend, seriously impressed by the size of the crowd & the organisation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

2nd parkrun done today. Lots of first timers, families, kids. Great to see everyone out enjoying it, even though the weather was worse than last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

lennymc wrote: »
    2nd parkrun done today. Lots of first timers, families, kids. Great to see everyone out enjoying it, even though the weather was worse than last week.

Dear god Lenny should we be getting worried if you start talking about going swimming too?? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

Dear god Lenny should we be getting worried if you start talking about going swimming too?? :-)

sssshhhhhhhhh!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see Marlay Parkrun is off for the next two Saturdays, because of the concerts.

Edit: I got that wrong: (see below) It'll be on for the 5th, then off for the 12th and the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Skid X wrote: »
    I see Marlay Parkrun is off for the next two Saturdays, because of the concerts.

Thought it was on this Saturday and off the 2 Saturdays after that. ...i.e still on the 5th, off the12th & 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Thought it was on this Saturday and off the 2 Saturdays after that. ...i.e still on the 5th, off the12th & 19th.

Sorry, you're right. I read it wrongly.

It's on for this week, then off for a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Most unique parkrun in the world commencing at the end of August.

Bere Island parkrun takes place on August 30th!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

slingerz wrote: »
    Most unique parkrun in the world commencing at the end of August.

Bere Island parkrun takes place on August 30th!
    Bere Island - population = ~ 210 people. So that's 10 volunteers and 200 runners? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Bere Island - population = ~ 210 people. So that's 10 volunteers and 200 runners? :)

Cant imagine the participant numbers will be huge every week really. Its going to be a bit of a journey out there for most really. Will love to try it out but I'm yet to make the Clonakilty parkrun so I'd better start there first.

Supposed to be a tough course in Bere Island with some decent pulls on the course, definitely not a fast or PB course anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭paddybarry

Is Marlay on tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kmjones77

paddybarry - I would suggest posting this on the Facebook page not here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

paddybarry wrote: »
    Is Marlay on tomorrow?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭paddybarry

Don't have a facebook account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭tommycahir

anybody know if there are any plans for one of these near Carlow?

Ok, fair enough.

tommycahir - there is one in Naas and one starting in Kilkenny in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Redgraffle

First time Park Run in Marlay Park today and mightily impressed ! Great feel to the whole event, superb organisation and definitely the ideal event for someone like myself trying to get back into running after several failed attempts over the last few years !!!

Big thanks to all the volunteers and really looking forward to hammering my PB over the next few weeks :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Redgraffle wrote: »
    First time Park Run in Marlay Park today and mightily impressed ! Great feel to the whole event, superb organisation and definitely the ideal event for someone like myself trying to get back into running after several failed attempts over the last few years !!!

Big thanks to all the volunteers and really looking forward to hammering my PB over the next few weeks :D:D:D
    Well done. They are a great idea, don't forget you can also volunteer to help out. Its also great fun;).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Redgraffle

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Well done. They are a great idea, don't forget you can also volunteer to help out. Its also great fun;).

Yep will get a few runs under my belt then take a week off to lend my services for the day !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Signed up to do my first parkrun tomorrow morning: St Anne's Park, here I come...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Will griffeen park run go ahead today?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

I cant speak for Paul the event director and run director for today , but I'll be there :-), sure its only a little rain :-) - watch the facebook page for griffeen
    https://www.facebook.com/griffeenvalleyparkrun?fref=ts

it'll be parkrun 46 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Well it actually was a lovely morning for a run :-) rain petered off to a mild drizzle ..sure the time was bad and my hip hurt like i'd gotten a kick from a mule but even a bad run is better then no run at all :-) #lovintherunning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Stupid alarm clock didn't wake me up in time this morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I see the legend that is Steve Way pitched up at a Parkrun in Glasgow this morning.

One of the great things about Steve Way

One of the great things about Parkrun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Signed up to do my first parkrun tomorrow morning: St Anne's Park, here I come...

Hope you enjoyed it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

kmjones77 wrote: »
    tommycahir - there is one in Naas and one starting in Kilkenny in September.

Been keeping an eye out for this

Do you know what the course is?

haven't seen anything confirmed myself

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kilkenny has been delayed until 11th October, course will be in Kilkenny Castle grounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Cabaal wrote: »
    Kilkenny has been delayed until 11th October, course will be in Kilkenny Castle grounds

dislike :(

(will be in Kilkenny in September, was hoping to do the Parkrun then)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement