Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Need an Artist? Post here! Read Post #1 before posting!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 David gann

Were a non profit Art directive in Galway city .We need individuals to produce weekly Cartoons for publication . Cartoonists , Writers ,Artists , entusiasts ,students ,post grads and emerging Artists are all encourged to submit work .Essentially were a volunteer collective who's intention is to create a platform for emerging Artists while using the allowcated print space to raise awearness for local Charities .The publication in question is a provincal newspaper with a established readership and is published on a weekly basis . This Offers a excellent opportunity to have your work viewed by a wider public while partnering with us to support local charities .Thanks for reading .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Probably posting this in the wrong place but here it goes.

Hi

I'm looking for an artist/or art teacher to run a workshop on face painting for a college society.

workshop will last an hour and all materials supplied.

competitive rate also paid for the workshop.

Workshop will take place on Thursday 8th April and will be on the Northside of Dublin

SEND PM if interested! [SNIP]

Thanks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hey all! (Really really sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, if so mods sorry!)

I am writing a review of a book and would love to be able to submit a drawing to complement it! It's a book review competition and there is just €60 to be won, so obviously the money isn't why I am doing it! :)

But if the review were to be chosen, then I'd split the money.

Anyway, so the drawing would be of a key scene in the book of an old woman sitting outside a pub eavesdropping on two young lads at the bar. The date of the scene is c.1909, so old Ireland, costume, etc..

The scene is well described in the book anyway so that would be what the artist could base the drawing on. I can get old photographs if that would help as well.

Would anyone be interested in doing this with me?

It needs to be submitted by end of this month, but I was aiming for 25th if possible!

The review and pic would be published as well.

Thanks a mil,
    pog it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Sorted. Thanks everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eyefordetail

Can you tell me a little more about this please? Are you looking for someone in Galway or anywhere in the country? Are you looking for work each week to go with a specific article or feature? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sleepbarn

how about musicians that does reggae music? i am a sculpture artist and woods are my medium like doing totems or tiki's.

Can you tell me a little more about this please? Are you looking for someone in Galway or anywhere in the country? Are you looking for work each week to go with a specific article or feature? Thanks
    Thanks for your interest .Any where in the country , each week to accompany a current theme and were starting in June . We offer free content to publications in return for print space to promote local Charities and Arts related content .

sleepbarn wrote: »
    how about musicians that does reggae music? i am a sculpture artist and woods are my medium like doing totems or tiki's.
    Currently looking for drawers and writers only .Thanks for your reply. I love reggae .Good luck in all you do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Timmywalldo

Im looking for some one to draw me a picture of something in pencil

I will pay by credit card Or meet you in Person (( Ireland ))

I would like the picture to be at least 4 A4 + in size

This is the exact picture i would like done

http://governedbyloyalty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/alicia-keys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fxstb

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but my husband and I are looking for a very talented mural artist to paint a babys room.

Thinking of a Noah's Ark theme, but with animals on motorcycles, and possibly some star wars art as well.

If there is anyone who feels confident they would interested in this and has past experience or work examples, please contact me with examples and and idea of price.

I will measure the room as well and send you the size we are thinking of.

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ahayzer42

Hi All,

Just a quick note to draw people's attention over here: http://minus9squared.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/calling-all-visual-artists/

I am the editor of an Arts Zine and am currently looking for submissions for the front cover of Issue Two which is themed memory. All details are on the above link. I'm afraid the turnover date is quite short - the 30th of April.

However, we may extend this by a couple of days depending on submissions.

Hope to see your names in the inbox.

Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

From time to time we have people posting here in Arts and Crafts looking for people to do artwork for various projects. This thread will be stickied and all threads of this nature kept here.

Please note:

No advertising of services to be posted. Such posts will be deleted and user infracted in accordance with the Forum Charter.

No posting of private contact details - email/phone no's etc. Contact via PM only.

If you are unsure whether you should be posting or not - please send a PM to a Forum Moderator (myself or Snorlax) and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rutigur

So after waiting over 7 years before popping the question to my girlfriend I thought I better try to make it something special when I do finally pop the question :D!

Our first ever trip abroad together was to Paris and our favourite place was Place du Terte in Montmarte. We'll be returning to Paris next month and the plan is to ask her right back in that same spot. Here's the corner of the square looking outwards on Google Earth. and here's a view about 20 yards from there looking inwards that gives a flavour of what the square is like when it's bustling.

What I'd like to do is to have a painting of the square created in advance and posted over to my friend in Paris. In the painting would be both me and my girlfriend with me on bended knee. Between my friend and I we'll arrange with one of the artists that do portraits in the square for them to have it in advance and then when we're walking the square that afternoon, I'll suggest that we get a portrait done to remember our favourite spot by. Idea would then be that the artist pretends to work on the portrait and then when I ask for a look after a few minutes, he shows the pre-made painting and I then drop the knee and pop the question just like in the painting. Corny I know but I think she'll love it :D!

So, I was hoping to get the painting done by an artist here as it would be handier to meet that person face-to-face and get a feel for it etc. I'm in Dublin but can travel if needed. The second Google Earth link above shows some of the types of paintings that are generally available in Montmarte, and I had something with those bright colours in mind. I can provide the artist with photos of both of us, though I'm not sure how detailed we need to be in the painting, open to ideas. I've attached a photo showing one potential backdrop for the painting (another view of the first Google Earth link above).

If you are an artist that might be interested in this project, please drop me a PM. Looking forward to hopefully hearing from some artists with some great ideas!

112564.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rutigur

Anybody interested in this? I'm willing to pay good money to the right artist, though on the other hand this doesn't need to be a masterpiece - I'm sure there's plenty of artists on here that would be able to do a great job for what's needed. If it does turn out well, we might hang it on a wall as a momento but it doesn't necessarily need to be a masterpiece.

Also if anyone has a suggestion for an artist that's not on here that they'd recommend, I'm all ears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Rutigur wrote: »
    Anybody interested in this? I'm willing to pay good money to the right artist, though on the other hand this doesn't need to be a masterpiece - I'm sure there's plenty of artists on here that would be able to do a great job for what's needed. If it does turn out well, we might hang it on a wall as a momento but it doesn't necessarily need to be a masterpiece.

Also if anyone has a suggestion for an artist that's not on here that they'd recommend, I'm all ears :D

it might help if you posted some links to the style of painting your looking for, it makes it easier for artists to let you know if they can [a] produce work in that style and how long it will take and cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

hi,
    i have a digital photo that i would like to get 'painted'.
    I am in the galway area and will happily send on the photo so artists can quote me a price.
    I am looking for good detail and decent size at an affordable price. I have not decided on oil\watercolour\etc and am open to suggestion.
    if you are interested or can recommend someone please pm me.
    thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deno120

I need a mural painted in my business. Am based in dublin so if anyone can refer me to someone or contact me regarding this,

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CollinHoward

Is there any experience required or not and what qualifications do you require ?

<<SNIP>>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭ElvisP

Looking for art student(s) looking for nixer. Have a big white van which I want decorated/painted in a funky design. Must be very eye-catching. Have some ideas of my own but am totally open to suggestion. Canvas is blank.
    Pls reply to this post or pref SNIP. SEND PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Hey not sure where to be posting this,

Just want to see if theres anyone out there that would be up for some work...

I've got 2 guitars at the moment I want to get painted, but not in the usual painted style, I'm halfway through sanding one and the other has a black finish on it at the moment,

I'm seeing if anyone would be up for doing some crazy stuff on them? even just one to begin with? is it easier to go over wood or the black finish?
    Anyone go tips, ideas or quotes as to much this would be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sharonfg

Hi all
    I am looking for an artist who can spray paint freehand on a blank canvas wall. I would have about a weeks work for the right person. Must be have a great imagination. Dublin area :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

We are looking for an artist to paint a babys room.

Thinking of a jungle theme but will be very flexible with ideas.

Dublin area and have until October to complete.

I can send measurements.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Hi,
    Hope this is in the right place, apologies if not.
    My first Wedding anniversary is coming up in the next month, and as teh first anniversay gift is paper, I was hoping to get a picture of my wife from our wedding day transferred from a photo to a nice drawing.
    If anyone on here is able to do something like this I would be interested in it for a fair fee.

Many Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joannereynolds

Post edited by Forum Moderator. Questionable content and advertising.
    Cork_girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 coneillart

hi
    I do art , Portraits , Murals , airbrushing , Sketches
    if you want to give me your email , I can email Artwork i done ,
    thanks
    Colin

Louth

Please remember to read the rules of this thread - keep all personal details/email in Private Messages.
    Thank you
    Cork_girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sharonfg

Hi colin
    my email is SNIP.

Sharonfg.
    Please read the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eatsnowpeas

Hello All,
    I am looking for artists for an upcoming exhibition and I am wondering if any of you would like to submit some of your pieces
    The exhibition will be in a bar in Dublin and is part of a monthly series I am doing to promote young artists in Ireland. Last month was the first exhibition or "Arty Party" and it was a great success with live music, tons of people, nibbles and a generally great atmosphere. Many pieces were sold and its a fantastic way to get your art seen by a wide range of people.
    Its an informal and relaxed exhibition and a great way to meet like minded
    people, showcase your work and very importantly have a few drinks.

The opening night will be on Thursday the 30th of September and will
    run for the month, so if any of you are interested in showcasing your
    art please do get in touch with me with some images an arrange we shall. I sincerely look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your time.
    Best wishes,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 coneillart

Hi
    I am interested can you give me your email
    thanks
    Colin

• Advertisement

Mod Note!
    Please send any email/contact details via PM!

Advertisement